Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

mega thread Last Movie You Watched?

GrooveBroove

I believe there is already a thread on this

But the last movie I watched was Hugo, JTLK.

The Secret World of Arrietty, i've always liked Studio Gibli's films and always wanted to see one on a big screen. Good movie overal, and I was the only one in the theater, was nice being able to prop my feet up on the chair in front of me and provide my own commentary.

Dr. Seuss's The Lorax

Pretty good movie, I found it better than Horton Hears a Who.

3D makes my eyes hurt.

I don't want to see it yet at the same time I do. Hollywood has a nasty habit of butchering a perfectly good, meaningful story, especially ones that are impossible to fit into a feature length film without ruining it in some way. I only want to see it because i'm curious to see how badly they screwed it up, but i'll wait for pay-per-view/DVD for that.

I don't want to see it yet at the same time I do. Hollywood has a nasty habit of butchering a perfectly good, meaningful story, especially ones that are impossible to fit into a feature length film without ruining it in some way. I only want to see it because i'm curious to see how badly they screwed it up, but i'll wait for pay-per-view/DVD for that.

Well the story definitely is not a copy/paste from the book, but it's in no way a bad story.

Well the story definitely is not a copy/paste from the book, but it's in no way a bad story.

Figured. As stated, its the type of story thats impossible to fit into a feature length film. As long as the core message remains, then i'm good and Dr. Seuss can hopfully get some decent rest now....thats if they don't make more crappy films based on his books.

In Time. In this movie, time is the world's currency. People stop aging when they turn 25, and from that point onwards, they have a year to live, which is kept track of by a clock on their left arm. When they buy something, they pay for it with minutes, hours, days, or weeks of their lifetime. The rich earn many centuries of life, making them virtually immortal, while the poor struggle to survive on hours at a time. And when their clock "times out", they die instantly. Quite an intriguing premise, I think.

It got horribly bad reviews, but I found it to be quite an enjoyable movie with some very sinister underlying tones. It raises a number of dark questions about human society, and has gorgeous cinematography.

I think the last movie I watched was Drag Me To Hell. I don't watch movies much so it's hard to remember what the last one was since just a little while ago we had someone living with us who watched a ton of movies and I watched some with her. Now there's no movie person so I watch no movies. xD