Six New Elements?

CypherHoof

Was thinking about the theory that the Young Six might become the next set of Element bearers.

The Pillars didn't literally pass on their elements to the Mane 6, but display a different aspect or facet of the same fundamental idea - so for example - Pinkie (whose element is Laughter) and Somnamula (whose element is Hope) both show different aspects of a common idea (Optimism).

As we see at the end of S8, each of the Young Six are ALSO associated with one of the six elements, Silverstream being the most obvious candidate for Optimism of course, but not really laughter OR hope. Enthusiasm, perhaps?

So what element do each of the Young Six express, and how does that relate to the elements of the mane 6 and the pillars?

Edited by CypherLink

There’s a theory about there being a seventh element. This is from episode 2. There are six stone around the base and one on top. The one on top is where Celestia got the element of magic from. Where is the seventh one?

Spoiler

BA3158FD-9D1E-4429-A36B-141D77BEA7F7.png.d786d64b701f77d3756555ded0f0381c.png

While the Mane 6 have been referred to as the Elements of Harmony, the heroes they looked up to and ultimately met in Shadow Play seem to referred to as the Pillars (I like to refer to them as the Pillars of Heroism). I'm all for the idea of the Young 6 getting their own sets of elements and personally I think they should be known as the Students of Unity, Unity referring to the fact that they have formed such a close bond despite coming from different homes.

The Skullivan has written a fantastic editorial on Equestria Daily talking about the Young 6 and how each of their personalities relate to the Elements. Here is a link to the article below. Please read it, since it was really well written.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2018/10/overanalyze-this-new-elements-of-harmony.html

Now when considering what these kids get to represent, I thought of their personalities and how they could work as a parallel to the Elements of Harmony and the Pillars of Heroism. Here's what I think their Elements would be.

Silversteam as Wonder

Yona as Pride

Ocellus as Knowledge

Sandbar as Wisdom

Smolder as Compassion 

Gallus as Friendship

On ‎11‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 8:19 PM, StarFox93 said:

While the Mane 6 have been referred to as the Elements of Harmony, the heroes they looked up to and ultimately met in Shadow Play seem to referred to as the Pillars (I like to refer to them as the Pillars of Heroism). I'm all for the idea of the Young 6 getting their own sets of elements and personally I think they should be known as the Students of Unity, Unity referring to the fact that they have formed such a close bond despite coming from different homes.

The Skullivan has written a fantastic editorial on Equestria Daily talking about the Young 6 and how each of their personalities relate to the Elements. Here is a link to the article below. Please read it, since it was really well written.

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2018/10/overanalyze-this-new-elements-of-harmony.html

Now when considering what these kids get to represent, I thought of their personalities and how they could work as a parallel to the Elements of Harmony and the Pillars of Heroism. Here's what I think their Elements would be.

Silversteam as Wonder

Yona as Pride

Ocellus as Knowledge

Sandbar as Wisdom

Smolder as Compassion 

Gallus as Friendship

That'd be fine, I just don't want the Young 6 to end up replacing the Mane 6 as the Elements of Harmony bearers.

8 minutes ago, vgmaster9 said:

That'd be fine, I just don't want the Young 6 to end up replacing the Mane 6 as the Elements of Harmony bearers.

I think with the Pillars we have the precedent that they don't have to be replacements, they can be complementary.

I'd actually very much perfer the rumored 7th element, and what the students have are just something else - the artifacts helping them out like the Pillars and their artifacts which are all blessed by the Tree but they're not THE elements! Much like the necklaces in Equestria Girls!

But if theres a 7th element there's a 7th everything! Sunset is the 7th of her group, then Spike the 7th element in the Mane 6, then the Pillars have a 7th either in Stygian or Scorpan, and then the Student 6 could have a 7th in Cozy Glow!

Edited by FlareGun45

17 hours ago, Midnight Solace said:

That makes 18 or 19 different kinds of elements. :lostit:

Well, not really - the pillars and the mane 6 both represent the same elements, just different aspects of them. Its like cutie marks - you can have multiple ponies with Party Pony special talents, but that doesn't make them all identical.