Banner by ~ SFyr

Fan creations and effort

ManaMinori

No. I don't want to consider the effort of art in relation to another piece as a measurable quality of anything that will alter a casual appreciation of the art. And I don't waste precious time feeling jealous of others, be it talent, intuition, or recognition. I have to be honest, I had a rather lengthy and well prepared and thought out post in mind for the first portion of the paragraph since it is a really great topic to discuss. Then I got to the self-indulgent part and as always, the motivation and bias behind a post soured my desire to contribute something meaningful. 

Don't make this about you, framed in a mood of pity and seeking confirmation and justification ....  and I will happily discuss. I'm sure others will as well. Or, reply in the snarky tone you like when challenged and we'll just make this a blog. Kay?

• 1 year later...
On 12/25/2018 at 11:09 PM, Nightmare Muffin said:

over or underestimate someone else's own art, and what time and effort might've gone into it?

As an artist, I can sometimes wonder how long time it took others to complete their art. But I always know that a lot of dedication is put down into your art, no matter how it end up looking. I think we have a lot of great artists here at the forum, and we also have people here that like to draw. I would say that they can in fact take the same amount of time and effort. And I like to acknowledge that.

I'm the kind of person who usually over stimates the time and effort people puts on their work since I myself am bad at it xD

I usually take my lack of talent as a reference point because I'm aware even good artists that make amazing digital paintings in a couple hours had to practice for years to reach that amount of skill. I think, anyone, with enough patience, dedication and resources, can reach awesomeness.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 months later...
29 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

I try not to judge someone else's artwork, as I know they've probably put a ton of time and effort into it.

And sometimes they don't, but the art might be outstanding anyways.

In such cases, I wish there was a way to detect, because that shows extraordinary skill

• Brohoof 1