Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Digital Muffin (Instrumental)

J-Rusty

Lately I have started feeling happy and hopeful again, if only in spurts, and one night I  got inspiration again! Here is an instrumental version of Digital Muffin; I am still in the process of writing vocals for it, so it's still kinda reserved for changes :wacko:

Oh, I also haven't made a picture for it yet either o-o

• Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

Hey would you like some feedback?

Um, yeah, sure!

Though, go easy on me :adorkable:

On 2/3/2019 at 5:42 AM, J-Rusty said:

Um, yeah, sure!

Though, go easy on me :adorkable:

Well...hard to go easy when you've got 20 years of experience and can pinpoint just about everything in a song...anyway here goes. 

Kudos to using a solid 4-chord progression but...it staled out early, meaning it got too repetitive. I suggest you work on what are called interchangeable chords and explore how you can change up your progression. 

In terms of your sounds and notation, you need to also change up that moving bassline. It too staled out early. An arpeggiated piano would work very well here. For your percussion, adding some fills would really create some memorable moments. 

All in all, this piece needs a lot of work. You need to study on how to use chord progressions. I can coach you on this topic, as I am very proficient in the realm of music theory. 

On 2/4/2019 at 8:06 PM, C. Thunder Dash said:

Well...hard to go easy when you've got 20 years of experience and can pinpoint just about everything in a song...anyway here goes. 

Kudos to using a solid 4-chord progression but...it staled out early, meaning it got too repetitive. I suggest you work on what are called interchangeable chords and explore how you can change up your progression. 

In terms of your sounds and notation, you need to also change up that moving bassline. It too staled out early. An arpeggiated piano would work very well here. For your percussion, adding some fills would really create some memorable moments. 

All in all, this piece needs a lot of work. You need to study on how to use chord progressions. I can coach you on this topic, as I am very proficient in the realm of music theory. 

Hmm.. I only know a little bit of music theory, so, okay; If you wanna teach, I'll listen :P

But just to check, is this any better?:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j57n3fy34evr15/Digital Muffin_3.wav?dl=0

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, J-Rusty said:

Hmm.. I only know a little bit of music theory, so, okay; If you wanna teach, I'll listen :P

But just to check, is this any better?:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6j57n3fy34evr15/Digital Muffin_3.wav?dl=0

It unfortunately still stales out. Alright, get ready because you're gonna learn a lot