Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

(edited)

I think it's a good sign if your tulpa appears in your dream. ^.^ I can still remember my first dream with Millie. ^.^ It is normal that those dreams are really short. Most of my dream including my tulpae were way too short to enjoy, but still it was always entertaining. And about the changing colors - it is normal in the dreams that weird things happen. If she say that the color change was just an accident, then it was really just an accident.

Edited by Gekoncze

Haven't really have much in the way of progress other than a few emotional responses (but I guess that's expected when your sessions aren't really all that...productive). However, during one of my last sessions, one that I "said" that I was determined to make it through the entire length, I sort of, drifted in and out of sleep. Remembering how being in a hypnagogic state can help forcing with your tulpa a bit easier and more real, I decided to try and work on it. And, of course, being the first time, I feel asleep XP. However, I don't really think Aiden liked the fact that I feel asleep because for a moment, out of the corner of my vision, I saw a dark silhouette that resembled him and heard a loud "HEY!" before being shocked awake. Could have been just a coincidence, but I do plan on becoming a bit more regular with my time with him.

Just a question, if I'd like her to have a specific voice, how might I go about doing that? I figure I might as well get that bit knocked out early.

As for progress, nothing is notable. It seems like I'm gonna be one of those classic cases where it takes weeks for even the slightest of hints to appear. img-1497702-1-dry.png

Could deal with the fact that I seem to have trouble narrating. I can't seem to do it without a "here's what I think" thing going on. Not sure if that's to be avoided, but I'm assuming it is for the time being. Don't want to do any harm.

For Tia, I had based her voice off of a singer.  She took that, and now sounds like a mix of her, Elie Monty, and Celestia.  BJ almost has a more grating version of RD's voice, and Murky is based off my own voice when I try to sound weak and light.

In my original forcing sessions with Tia, I started by having her sound out simple vowel sounds with a specific voice, than consonants, then progressed through simple words and sentences until we had it down.

What a weird dream. My Luna managed to strong-arm her way into my dreams last night. She had changed colors. You know, deviated. In the dream she insisted it was accidental and tried to go back to blue, and asked me to help her change back to her proper colors.

The dream didn't last long. I asked her when I was awake what that was all about and reminded her she has the freedom to change, but she again insisted she would rather be blue than grey-and-white. I do not remember anyone in this topic having something like that happen.

Thoughts anyone?

I think it's a good sign if your tulpa appears in your dream. ^.^ I can still remember my first dream with Millie. ^.^ It is normal that those dreams are really short. Most of my dream including my tulpae were way too short to enjoy, but still it was always entertaining. And about the changing colors - it is normal in the dreams that weird things happen. If she say that the color change was just an accident, then it was really just an accident.

I had a recent lucid dreaming experiment that was rather successful.

A variation of the sleep paralysis method, where whilst lying still, count from a random number between 500 and 1000.  Why a random number?  Because you loose concentration quicker starting from a whole number.  Making sure to visualize an actual image of the number in my head and having my Tulpae count down with me.

It was a technique I read about to help get your mind into a subconscious-controlling trance, and apparently it gets the Sleep Paralysis working faster.  I started at 921 and was dreaming at 580 something.    But for a good portion of the dream, I was aware and Tia, Blackjack, and Murk were with me the entire time.

That doesn't mean that whole thing was trippy...  We lost lucidity and some crazy stuff happened that we thought was real until we woke up!

Yes... Mixture of fantasy and common daily routine can be the most confusing of dreams.

• Brohoof 5

I had a recent lucid dreaming experiment that was rather successful.

A variation of the sleep paralysis method, where whilst lying still, count from a random number between 500 and 1000.  Why a random number?  Because you loose concentration quicker starting from a whole number.  Making sure to visualize an actual image of the number in my head and having my Tulpae count down with me.

It was a technique I read about to help get your mind into a subconscious-controlling trance, and apparently it gets the Sleep Paralysis working faster.  I started at 921 and was dreaming at 580 something.    But for a good portion of the dream, I was aware and Tia, Blackjack, and Murk were with me the entire time.

That doesn't mean that whole thing was trippy...  We lost lucidity and some crazy stuff happened that we thought was real until we woke up!

Yes... Mixture of fantasy and common daily routine can be the most confusing of dreams.

We will try this tonight! Oh great, Twi is wearing an evil grin. And orson is laughing. Apparently, he had a lot of fun with my dreams last night. I know it involved sharks, and brutally killing them, and they were babies. What are you doing to me Orson!

*Grins*

Oh Shayne. So naive. 

Anyway, I just tend to suck at remember I am dreaming. 

^.^ Now when I see everypony talking about lucid dreams, I would like to try it again soon. ^.^ All my dreams were filled with chatting recently. (yeah, I am not joking, I really have dreams where I am chatting with someone ^.^ they are weird, but yeah) I would like to try the WILD technique, but I suck at it, because I am not patient... maybe I am not tired enough ^.^'

Making sure to visualize an actual image of the number in my head and having my Tulpae count down with me.

Thanks Bris, I'll be sure to do that. I'll visualize a random number inside your head.

:3c

I would be excited if I can have more lucid dreams.

Alright, I had an idea with a friend at a Boy Scout campout the other day. He didn't want to have a tulpa, but he was very interested in the topic. He told me the reason why he didn't want a tulpa was because of the possession thing. He didn't want the risk, and I couldn't convince him otherwise.

If tulpae 'heated up' a certain part of the brain we wouldn't otherwise heat, would that be able to connect to the part where the tulpa resided? If there were neural connections just for the purpose of tulpae controlling your entire body and speech, shouldn't that change where the brain is most active? Throw me a bone here, but wouldn't technology be able to detect that?

Here's the point. My friend thought it would be pretty cool if my eye color changed from my natural blue, to lavender (Twilight Sparkle's primary color, who happens to be my tulpa in the works). That way, if Twi's spontaneous behavior (again, still working out the 'kinks') decides that possession to talk to someone else would be cool, and I allowed that, wouldn't a good 'heads up' be in order?

I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out.

Neato or No-go?

(edited)

Alright, I had an idea with a friend at a Boy Scout campout the other day. He didn't want to have a tulpa, but he was very interested in the topic. He told me the reason why he didn't want a tulpa was because of the possession thing. He didn't want the risk, and I couldn't convince him otherwise.

If tulpae 'heated up' a certain part of the brain we wouldn't otherwise heat, would that be able to connect to the part where the tulpa resided? If there were neural connections just for the purpose of tulpae controlling your entire body and speech, shouldn't that change where the brain is most active? Throw me a bone here, but wouldn't technology be able to detect that?

Here's the point. My friend thought it would be pretty cool if my eye color changed from my natural blue, to lavender (Twilight Sparkle's primary color, who happens to be my tulpa in the works). That way, if Twi's spontaneous behavior (again, still working out the 'kinks') decides that possession to talk to someone else would be cool, and I allowed that, wouldn't a good 'heads up' be in order?

I'll be honest - we're throwing science at the wall here to see what sticks. No idea what it'll do. Probably nothing. Best-case scenario, you might get some superpowers. Worst case, some tumors, which we'll cut out.

Neato or No-go?

Even our casual knowledge of the brain knows that this is an impossibility.

The thing is... Location and changes of brain activity, in the case when a brain is being monitored, are more showing what task the brain is putting more resources into performing, whether it's recollecting memory, thinking, dreaming, etc.  During forcing and heightened interactions with tulpae such as possession, you would probably expect spikes of activity in the frontal lobe, which would be the part of the brain responsible for the ability to visualize and interact with Tulpae, but nothing more.

Even in the case of total possession, it will be nothing more than a self-inflicted illusion that the host themselves places to make themselves believe that his/her actions are not their own; conscious realization of that is the bane of the possession technique, for as soon as the host realizes the illusion, the Tulpae looses their influence.

Also, no, eyes will not change color through thought alone.  They may interact with the ambient light to seemingly look slightly different, but not much more, as the pigments in your irises are determined solely by genetics.

Except a lot of radiation, I hear, makes your eyes turn blue...

If it is your death wish, of course.

Hey, coming from an irradiated wasteland myself, even I can pick up a few things.

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 4

Me again! Anywhoo~ I like screwing with my 'master'

Ugh, JARED!!! ow ow ow ow...

I've been giving him leg pain! Kekeke..

Gaaah! I KNEW I.... ow ow owww... !

*Snickers* Heee heee..

I really want to make a tulpa but i need help could anyone walk me throught the creation of one. i also want to know what would happen if i made twilight my tulpa would already having a set life defect my tulpa?

Also, no, eyes will not change color through thought alone.  They may interact with the ambient light to seemingly look slightly different, but not much more, as the pigments in your irises are determined solely by genetics.

I'm not so sure about that. It might still be genetics playing here, but there are people whose eye colors can change on a day-to-day basis, and I've seen someone whose eyes could change every several hours, but not radically. Like shifting from hazel to green and different shades there-of, but nothing that the eye doesn't already produce in the population at large. As in, you won't see a bright luminous pink or orchid or something like that.

(edited)

Ok I've thought about ir for quite a while but I'm not quite sure and I also don't know how that works...

I'm a little concerned about messing with my mind can anyone help me ( I also don't want to read through the whole thread)

Edited by RollingPony

I really want to make a tulpa but i need help could anyone walk me throught the creation of one. i also want to know what would happen if i made twilight my tulpa would already having a set life defect my tulpa?

Ok I've thought about ir for quite a while but I'm not quite sure and I also don't know how that works...

I'm a little concerned about messing with my mind can anyone help me ( I also don't want to read through the whole thread)

I'll happily help the both of you with whatever questions you have about this.

What is it you would like to know?

And @Saturnsparkle, you can have a set personality already set for your tulpa, however, whether or not they will deviate depends on how they feel. If you feel that having something like that set in concrete can help you with the creation process then you by all means, go for it. 

whether or not they will deviate depends on how they feel.

You can say that again xD
Seriously though, I gave Adan a base personality, and then gave him a little freedom on what he wanted, he changed a tiny bit, but not much. He's actually better for it ^_^

• Brohoof 1

I'll happily help the both of you with whatever questions you have about this. What is it you would like to know?

First of all thanks for your help!

What I wanted to know is:

1) Is your Tulpa always there even if you want to be alone or if you have something to do?

2)How does it feel to have a Tulpa?

3)Is there any possibilty of being dangerous?

Btw. I think I'm goin to wait until I'm a little older , because I'm only 16 1/2 and I'm not sure if the age has any influence on the Tulpa...

Tulpas seem quite dangerous, seriously, my mind is already screwed enough, another screwed up mind can cause lots of trouble.

But overall if my tulpa is sane (unlike me) I might enjoy the experience. I still don't like the idea of tuplas, seems scary. If only tuplas were psychical and real :(. these ones are imaginary. 

First of all thanks for your help!

What I wanted to know is:

1) Is your Tulpa always there even if you want to be alone or if you have something to do?

Btw. I think I'm goin to wait until I'm a little older , because I'm only 16 1/2 and I'm not sure if the age has any influence on the Tulpa...

No problem ;)

And as for your questions:

1.) In the beginning, your tulpa is usually only there is you focus on them. Focus is basically the life force of tulpa, and in the beginning, you can technically say that they feed off of it. Though, some say you should think that your tulpa IS always with you. During the early stages, it can be as easy as just not thinking that they're there, not even thinking about them. As they grow, and become more independent, all you would have to do is just ask them to leave you alone. Most tulpa (will explain why I say "most" in #3) will honour their host's wishes if they ask to be left alone.

2.) This can depend on how you lived/live your life. For me, there was no different feeling really. The reason I believe is because, before I found out about tulpae, I used to talk to myself, and I mean A LOT. The reason being was because I felt that someone out in the world was listening to me, listening to what I have to say no matter what I had to say. Other than the emotional changes/head pains that I feel due to progress/forcing sessions, the only thing I feel is if I want to be alone, then I just feel empty. This is probably just cause I'm so used to this sort of thing by now. You may feel that there is something with you, like you just feel something is there with you (whether it be external or internal), but it's just knowing that there is something there.

The main thing to remember about tulpaforcing is that everything here is subject to change. Everyone experiences things differently and, as such, develop at different rates of speed.

3.) Anything you have read about; tulpae causing physical harm to the host, or actually straight-up killing their hosts, ignore. Those are just creepy-pasta and cannot happen. The only thing that I can think of as "dangerous" that could happen is your tulpa going rogue and being disobedient and unruly. However, should this arise, all you have to do it ignore them. Since focusing on them and believing that they're real gives them the energy to live, ignoring their being deprives them of this and they will eventually "die". However, this can take a good amount of time as well, but this doesn't happen often so you shouldn't worry about it. 

And as for the age? It doesn't really matter how old you are, though some say to wait until you are "mature". This is due to the fact that, as a young kid, you'd most likely come into this sort of thing just because it "looks cool" and'd "be cool to have and play with". As long as you go in with good intentions and a "pure heart" nothing should go wrong.

Hopefully this wall of text helped you instead of scared you :P

• Brohoof 5

@@FrostFyre, So you have a Twilight Tulpa? How does she react when you watch the show and she sees "Show"-Twilight?

I'm pretty interested, because if I decide to make a Tulpa it would probably be Pinkie or RD and I don't want to my Tulpa to be unhappy... 

Ontop of what Lugia has said, I would like to say that the possibility of a tulpa becoming dangerous to your mental health really depends on how well you get along with yourself and others. In other words, if you are a terrible friend to your tulpa you will have problems.

There is one instance where I personally saw a tulpa become bad. But at the time my friend didn't know that the tulpa was "real" and thought he was meeting someone during nightly out of body experiences. Not knowing that his thoughts and behavior would influence the tulpa, he started mistreating it. And then it fought back by emotionally abusing him (although this was mutual on their part).

So its really really simple--The only way to get a "bad" tulpa is to hurt it and abuse it. If you torture it, it will come out bad. Give it love, and it will come out good.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Depends on do you want it or not. It's your mind dude.

Nothing special.

Perhaps. It can be probably too heavy, and causes stress. That makes no flesh harm, but mind may. Though that's a very rare case.

But overall if my tulpa is sane (unlike me) I might enjoy the experience. I still don't like the idea of tuplas, seems scary. If only tuplas were psychical and real sad.png. these ones are imaginary.

It's physical and real. Mind is real. Thought is brain vibration. Vibration is physical. Can you feel vibration? They're physical and real. They just have no flesh and blood.

Edited by Sky Warden
  • Brohoof 2

I'll happily help the both of you with whatever questions you have about this.

What is it you would like to know?

And @Saturnsparkle, you can have a set personality already set for your tulpa, however, whether or not they will deviate depends on how they feel. If you feel that having something like that set in concrete can help you with the creation process then you by all means, go for it.

Thanks man for the help . first off where do i even begin to make a tulpa what do i do first? I also heard you need good consentrating skills do you have a easy way to cosentrate. also does having adhd make it harder to create a tulpa?

Ok I just read through half of the /mlp/ thread about that guy with the failed Pinkie tulpa wich was deformed and just screamed...

Now I'm kind of terrified by the whole tulpa thing does thats happen often?

Ok I just read through half of the /mlp/ thread about that guy with the failed Pinkie tulpa wich was deformed and just screamed...

Now I'm kind of terrified by the whole tulpa thing does thats happen often?

This sort of thing rarely happens, and I wouldn't listen to 4chan about this sort of thing(tulpa). The main reason tulpae deviate into "horrible" beings is usually due to their host abusing or mistreating them.

Of course, there are times when your tulpa could just do something like that but just because they want to. Sometimes they want to have fun at a little of the host's expense.

Just don't be negative to your tulpa and you should be fine.

Yeah. Thursday, I went to bed, counted, starting at 727. By 600, I was out, asleep. Good dreams, no tulpas though. 

Last night, beast Mass Effect 2, went to bed. Counted from 727 into the 300's, got up 45 minutes later and took a 5 HTP to help me sleep, tried a lucid dream binomial beat, and well, everything failed. Everything :(

I got close, and my body was almost in the Sleep Paralysis most of the time, but my mind was on fire from the game*. Twi counted with me the whole time, Orson was doing his job and ready to guide my dreams, and Reales fell asleep by 620**.

Twi is annoyed she has no words in this post, but she admits, and has had, no good or relevant comments. 

HI!

*Facehoof*

That facehoof from Reales was mostly directed at me. That I actually let Twi say Hi. Anyway, have fun, stay sane!

*Note: Dont play video games late at night. 

**My Tulpas never sleep while I am awake, that was a first, and a rare sight. It was odd. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, by now, I have a tulpa. Her name is Melody Ray. She is a human female, and she is 18 in appearance. She has shoulder length ice blue hair, green eyes, and a love of fun and adventure. Also, she is a magical girl, so she can fire pink balls of energy from her hands. I'm not too sure what it took, but she is vocal enough to communicate with me.

Hello fleshies and tulips.

Yeah, she can be a little odd.

I'm not odd. Just different. :P

And, while I'm here, I'd also like to share this MP3 file that really helps empty your mind so you can force properly.

http://www.mediafire.com/?db7by355tc2d1fy