Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

honestly iv never seen the point in Tulpas, because i had a friend who forced a hallucination for a Tulpa and he had a compleate mental breakdown.

the only thing i can see that good about tulpas is that it is a rely good insite on the persons personality and desires

What actually happened with your friend? Did his tulpa turn on him or what?

But anyway, people create tulpas for several reasons. To get to know themselves better, to achieve greater mental focus, to have a companion(the level of affection can vary), among others. But if tulpas aren't your thing, that's fine.

Vocalization seems to be coming along very well, as she chats with more and more people besides myself she seems to open up more.

Arya: "Hi guys, how is everybody doing?!"

Okay, so I've been looking into tulpas for about a month now. Just last night I decided on it, and had my first tulpaforce session. It lasted for about an hour, and I didn't get any kind of feeling in my head or anything. I just simply narrated to with the basic outline for visualization. I don't know if I should've felt anything or if it was too early for anything to happen. Is there a specific way to tulpaforce? Or does it really matter? :unsure:

(edited)

Okay, so I've been looking into tulpas for about a month now. Just last night I decided on it, and had my first tulpaforce session. It lasted for about an hour, and I didn't get any kind of feeling in my head or anything. I just simply narrated to with the basic outline for visualization. I don't know if I should've felt anything or if it was too early for anything to happen. Is there a specific way to tulpaforce? Or does it really matter? :unsure:

You really want to concentrate on the being you are talking to. If you are just narrating to thin air, nothing is going to happen I'm afraid.

The way I used to do it is I imagined that the Tulpa is a ball and I was focusing all of my thoughts and energy to it. Eventually your Tulpa will be like a pressure or a feeling in your head. I don't know though, whatever works for you. Making a tulpa is different for everyone, just experiment.

Edited by Chigens and Kay

Ok. In all honestly I probably got WAY ahead of my self considering I didn't even make a list of traits for her. I'll start on that right now actually. Haha. How many traits should you generally have? I've read around 30, but I feel that's not enough.

Ok. In all honestly I probably got WAY ahead of my self considering I didn't even make a list of traits for her. I'll start on that right now actually. Haha. How many traits should you generally have? I've read around 30, but I feel that's not enough.

If you feel that's not enough, then by all means add more.

My Tulpa, Kaynah, has 30 traits. I don't know, I couldn't add that many more than that and I had a hard time coming up with those 30 in the first place.

There is no right or wrong way, some people use only a small number of "umbrella traits" while others use more specific traits ranging from 15-35. I gave Arya about 15 traits, and she fleshed out a lot of the rest herself. If you want more, add more.

Ok... I still haven't completely grasped the idea of tulpaforcing... Is it something I lay down and do? Or do I close my eyes and visualize everything or what?

Tulpaforcing is focusing intently on your tulpa, you can still narrate to them, but you are really trying to put your all into it. You can do it with your eyes closed, or with them open, lying, down or wherever. It is however you want to do it, generally you are trying to send them a lot of emotion, thoughts, and ideas you want to share with them. It is the time to really shape who they will become.

If you have further questions, please specify.

Ok... I still haven't completely grasped the idea of tulpaforcing... Is it something I lay down and do? Or do I close my eyes and visualize everything or what?

Yeah you kinda' want to relax and just concentrate on your Tulpa. Then, when you feel ready, just begin.

It all depends on what you want to do first, I started with personality. I built a wonderland and imagined my Tulpa as a ball in it and just directed everything at it.

Also, quoting a post would help get my attention...

(edited)

If anyone's going to do this, please note that as interesting as this sounds, the good comes with the bad. Tulpas can be a very very dangerous thing, if you're careless.

Please don't partake in making one unless you're willing to put your full attention to it, and try to be well rested.

In fact, I wouldn't really recommend it at all.

Edited by Parties like Pinkie

If anyone's going to do this, please note that as interesting as this sounds, the good comes with the bad. Tulpas can be a very very dangerous thing, if you're careless.

Please don't partake in making one unless you're willing to put your full attention to it, and try to be well rested.

I'm super careless and making this Tulpa is one of the best things I have ever done. She agrees too.

"Unless you've made / are making one, I don't think that you can say things like that."

Believe me. I know what I'm saying.

Would you care to actually share your experience then, tell us why we should be so wary. I have yet to have any negative effects, on the contrary, I am actually probably more focused and at ease now than I have been in a long time. I just don't see the danger, and unless you have a reason to back up your claims I would rather not have you deterring people from trying to do this.

(edited)

Would you care to actually share your experience then, tell us why we should be so wary. I have yet to have any negative effects, on the contrary, I am actually probably more focused and at ease now than I have been in a long time. I just don't see the danger, and unless you have a reason to back up your claims I would rather not have you deterring people from trying to do this.

I'd rather not talk about it, it's kind of.... Personal.

Edited by Parties like Pinkie

I'd rather not talk about it.

Well then that can't be helped I guess, I'm taking my own path, but unless you would like to give reasoning behind your argument please don't unjustly scare others. Yes, it is a lot of work, time, and commitment, but if someone actually is willing to put the work into such a project then I do not see why they shouldn't.

If anything, the only thing they should consider before starting is whether they have the gumption to keep up with it or not. Not for their own sake, but for the Tulpa's. Once the creator begins their work for a good while, the life of a being rests in their hands. I want all people deciding to partake in this journey, to realize that there is more to this than just pouring time and focus into it. You are creating someone within your mind, who like anyone else would fear to be left alone. If you just decide to stop working on them because "I'm bored/lazy/oh well" that is removing their sole life-energy, your attention.

Once the creator begins their work for a good while, the life of a being rests in their hands. You are creating someone within your mind, who like anyone else would fear to be left alone.

Yes you create it with your mind, and yes it's a somewhat living being, but they need to feed, just like the rest of us, and what do you think they feed on?

It's not the fact of making one I'm trying to warn against. It's the fact of what it's capable of.

Yes you create it with your mind, and yes it's a somewhat living being, but they need to feed, just like the rest of us, and what do you think they feed on?

It's not the fact of making one I'm trying to warn against. It's the fact of what it's capable of.

I know that, they feed on our energy. I told Arya she is free to as much as she needs, I trust her, I see no reason to distrust her on the matter. Yeah, headaches happen, for a while I was very tired, but I am used to it now, and I am still able to stay up quite late *evident by my post time right now*

If you do the right things, treat your tulpa with respect, and build a good relationship with them then I don't see what there is to fear from them. They are a friend and companion.

Even if it did come down to being a really negative relationship, it is possible to destroy them if necessary, as sad as the thought is.

It's even sadder if you can't destroy them....

There is no evidence that you can't destroy them, they are indeed living beings, but they are living beings dependent on our energy as you said. If we ignore them, they will wither away. I get the feeling you are coming from the spectrum of metaphysical tulpae, the idea that they gain "otherworldy power" or "control" after long enough. I stay purely in the world of psychological tulpae, they are no less real, but they don't grow into "egregores" or whatever they are. They simply remain sentient hallucinations, which although not entirely explainable by psychology, are based in psychological principals and concepts.

Forgive me, but I think I've said all I can. Going any farther would be trivial.

Sorry, I just have to jump in here. You have repeatedly tried scaring people by implying that they somehow feed on your energy, eventually withering you away or take over your body without the possibility of gaining it back, added with your very vague responses and refusing to actually tell why you believe the way you believe.

I would like to believe you are being serious, but I smell something fishy here.

• Brohoof 4

(edited)

while the thought of such an idea is very intriguing...and it seems to be rather popular...i just cant help but feel like doing such a thing would have negative effects in the long run...i am keeping an open mind of course, and i do not want to dissuade anypony who wishes to do this, or insult anypony who has..

but this is a recent thing with no real tests done about it..it seems rather similar to splitting your conscience into two beings...and the thought of something with their own opinions and thoughts that are different from their creators...it just doesn't feel right..

As i said, i do not wish to dissuade people or insult. and if i have insulted you or a tulpa, then i offer my sincerest apologies. But we have no idea of the long-term implications this might create..and also the dangers of people with psychological disorders trying to create one...There might not be any...but with no studies or evidence to go from...it seems a little dangerous.

Edited by Serenity ♥

while the thought of such an idea is very intriguing...and it seems to be rather popular...i just cant help but feel like doing such a thing would have negative effects in the long run...i am keeping an open mind of course, and i do not want to dissuade anypony who wishes to do this, or insult anypony who has..

but this is a recent thing with no real tests done about it..it seems rather similar to splitting your conscience into two beings...and the thought of something with their own opinions and thoughts that are different from their creators...it just doesn't feel right..

As i said, i do not wish to dissuade people or insult. and if i have insulted you or a tulpa, then i offer my sincerest apologies. But we have no idea of the long-term implications this might create..and also the dangers of people with psychological disorders trying to create one...There might not be any...but with no studies or evidence to go from...it seems a little dangerous.

I have talked to several people who have had a tulpa for several years, and only on very rare occasions stuff has gone horribly wrong(talk to Tesseract if you ever visit the tulpa.info chat). There is even a list of negarive side-effects listed on the forums that are related to tulpaforcing(headaches, vertigo, lack of libido, unable to sleep etc.), but most of these are usually related to the early stages of tulpa creation. And as Nevermore had stated above, even if you end up with a horrible tulpa that wants you dead, you can kill it off quite easily, and there are yet no proof that tulpas could posess your body permanently without the creator's consent, or manifest themselves into the real world.

But if tulpas aren't your thing, I respect your believes and leave you alone.

I have talked to several people who have had a tulpa for several years, and only on very rare occasions stuff has gone horribly wrong(talk to Tesseract if you ever visit the tulpa.info chat). There is even a list of negarive side-effects listed on the forums that are related to tulpaforcing(headaches, vertigo, lack of libido, unable to sleep etc.), but most of these are usually related to the early stages of tulpa creation. And as Nevermore had stated above, even if you end up with a horrible tulpa that wants you dead, you can kill it off quite easily, and there are yet no proof that tulpas could posess your body permanently without the creator's consent, or manifest themselves into the real world.

But if tulpas aren't your thing, I respect your believes and leave you alone.

thank you for the reply Niko...but umm...what i was more concerned about was the long term effects (i am talking of multiple decades) that creating a tulpa may have upon your mind. I am aware they can be killed off..but even then I feel you would have to be careful...people seem to get very attached to these beings and it worries me that they might get so attached that destroying them would be unthinkable, as if they were destroying a loved one...

Also my other points were the possible dangers that one could incur upon themselves if they tried to create a tulpa when their mind was already unstable due to a psychological condition...

and my other problem is that there is no objective research to form my opinions on..it is all from experiences and guides...which are not particularly helpful, as it is a different experience for everyone

do not mistake me, i have nothing against tulpa's or people who create them, I just have a few problems with the process...and also with the freudian diagram shown on the www.tulpa.info site.

which explains that the tulpa is based primarily within your 'id'...which (if one is to believe Freud's work) controls your libido, desires..your self-preservation instinct and other similar things and forming something there just seems fraught with possible dangers.