Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Hmm... well I already do parrot about my tulpa a lot already, who is indeed, Twilight. (What gave it away?) So I suppose all I need to do is impose her on reality and then... Sensory training?

If you wouldn't mind, could you explain this one to me? Or link me to somewhere it's already explained? Cheers.

I got SOME imposing done. It started kinda weird. I visioned my "wonderland" (The Moon) and my Tulpa for about 3 hours, constant. I eventually started to SEE her. In my head, and with my eyes. Shes still foggy. I cant see the whole picture, its like a ghost right now, but I see her. I almost wanted to cry once I got glimpse of her, it was a good accomplishment. I praise my super-active imagination. :3

(edited)

Hmm... well I already do parrot about my tulpa a lot already, who is indeed, Twilight. (What gave it away?) So I suppose all I need to do is impose her on reality and then... Sensory training?

If you wouldn't mind, could you explain this one to me? Or link me to somewhere it's already explained? Cheers.

I've not really made a full-fledged post about it, so I guess I will here. It's not really a guide, but more of an insight into how I go about forcing.

At every wake minute, or at least as constant as you can manage, imagine that your tupper is near you in the real life. Do not use a wonderland; you're imposing it on your peripheral (open-eyed) vision right from the beginning. Imagine it behind you, in front of you, or wherever you think it would like to be, based on its personality and intended behavior. It's okay to imagine how it would animate when doing a certain action or exp<b></b>ression, too. You're visualizing, which is productive in itself.

A tip for imagining things upon your peripheral vision is to intentionally defocus your eyes, stare blankly into the air, and then imagine your tupper on-front. Be vague and don't think too much about its details, but rather the whole embodiment; details will come by themselves over time. Something you can occasionally do is imagine that it's right behind you, then turn around. Again, make damn sure to not focus on anything once you do turn around.

Parrot your tupper, too. Have conversations that you both respond back and forth to. It's important to note that you should make it start out all conversations instead of you. That way, your brain gets used to the tupper being the one to always say something, thus speeding up the sentience process and making it easier to detect when the subconscious is taking over the task. Now, it's not so much the act of parroting itself, but rather what is parroted that matters. Make sure to consider what the tupper would think and what its opinions would be before making it say something, then carry on.

One way to think of it is to consider it all as one, continuous roleplay; you each have your defined personalities (though, you're just yourself), and you improvise constantly, relative to how these personalities are defined, while still taking the whole situation at hand seriously, kinda like a roleplay, though probably less cheesy. The difference is just that you're trying to convince yourself that the tupper is "real" in the sense of it existing only to you, whereas roleplay is just temporary.

As for the other sensory training, you're either doing this alongside visuals and voice, and thus training all senses at the same time, or alternatively doing it after a few weeks if you find it easier to focus on fewer senses at a time. For feeling, you'd both practice feeling each other together: you lay your hands on your tupper and force yourself to imagine that you're feeling something, and vice versa when it lays its hands/hooves on you. Hold/hug/prod each other or other activities while constantly telling yourself that you're feeling it.

For smell, same thing: force yourself to smell a particular smell whenever the tupper's around. Placing an object with the desired smell nearby when doing this can help. Once you get smell down, things will proceed more smoothly. Since tasting technically also is a sense, you can do this if you want to, too. The path for accomplishing this is entirely up to you, though. If you have a lewd tupper, you can always just kiss and lick each other all over the place.

Edited by Fede-lasse
  • Brohoof 3

I've not really made a full-fledged post about it, so I guess I will here. It's not really a guide, but more of an insight into how I go about forcing.

At every wake minute, or at least as constant as you can manage, imagine that your tupper is near you in the real life. Do not use a wonderland; you're imposing right from the beginning. Imagine it behind you, in front of you, or wherever you think it would like to be, based on its personality and intended behavior. It's okay to imagine how it would animate when doing a certain action or expression. You're visualizing, which is productive in itself.

Parrot your tupper, too. Have conversations that you both respond back and forth to. It's important to note that you should make it start out all conversations instead of you. That way, your brain gets used to the tupper being the one to always say something, thus speeding up the sentience process and making it easier to detect when the subconscious is taking over the task. Now, it's not so much the act of parroting itself, but rather what is parroted that matters. Make sure to consider what the tulpa would think and what its opinions would be before making it say something, then carry on.

One way to think of it is to consider it all as one, continuous roleplay; you each have your defined personalities, and you improvise constantly, relative to how these personalities are defined, while still taking the the whole situation at hand seriously, kinda like a roleplay, though probably less cheesy, haha. The difference is just that you're trying to convince yourself that the tupper is "real" in the sense of it existing only to you.

I really like how you described this. I started from the beginning acknowledging that my Tulpa had her own identity. At first I felt like I was talking to myself, but now I feel like I am talking directly to her. I can see her "Ghost" in my eyes, but she doesnt move yet. I get emotional responses sometimes, and when I am walking around alone I feel that feeling as if someone is looking over my shoulder. I know shes "real".

Imposing was kinda difficult. It took a while, but I eventually started seeing her in the corner of my vision, moving out slowly. I see her whenever I so choose to. When I started it was so hard. I couldnt envision anything, but now its like a reflex.

• Brohoof 1

Good. Hope you found it useful or whatever. Also, you might wanna fix up your post, since I edited my "mini-guide" multiple times already to fix grammar and clarify stuff.

(edited)

One question:

Is it a common skill to be able to see through your Tulpa's eyes? I've found recently that I've been doing that quite a lot recently without much thought. For example, I'll be driving, with my Tulpa flying overhead, and if I close my eyes, I see a bird's eye view of my car on the street from her angle, with good vision of everything passing by around it.

Even now, I can connect mentally with my Tulpa and see myself typing this from her perspective. Is this normal, or is another one of these things that I've somehow been able to master unusually fast?

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 1

No, Fede, I don't. ಠ_ಠ

And Bri - That sounds interesting, I haven't read about that before. I'd imagine that's something people could master if they thought to do it, but I doubt it would be easy. You seem to have a knack for this stuff, from what I've been reading of your progress.

At every wake minute, or at least as constant as you can manage, imagine that your tupper is near you in the real life. Do not use a wonderland; you're imposing it right from the beginning. Imagine it behind you, in front of you, or wherever you think it would like to be, based on its personality and intended behavior. It's okay to imagine how it would animate when doing a certain action or expression, too. You're visualizing, which is productive in itself.

Parrot your tupper, too. Have conversations that you both respond back and forth to. It's important to note that you should make it start out all conversations instead of you. That way, your brain gets used to the tupper being the one to always say something, thus speeding up the sentience process and making it easier to detect when the subconscious is taking over the task. Now, it's not so much the act of parroting itself, but rather what is parroted that matters. Make sure to consider what the tulpa would think and what its opinions would be before making it say something, then carry on.

One way to think of it is to consider it all as one, continuous roleplay; you each have your defined personalities (though, you're just yourself), and you improvise constantly, relative to how these personalities are defined, while still taking the whole situation at hand seriously, kinda like a roleplay, though probably less cheesy, haha. The difference is just that you're trying to convince yourself that the tupper is "real" in the sense of it existing only to you.

As for sensory training, you'd start doing this after a few weeks when the passive visualization and voice practice has become a deeply implanted habit. For feeling, you'd both practice feeling each other together: you lay your hands on your tupper and force yourself to imagine that you're feeling something, and vice versa when it lays its hands/hooves on you. For smell, same thing: force yourself to smell a particular smell whenever the tupper's around. Placing an object with the desired smell nearby when doing this can help. Since tasting technically is a sense, you can do this if you want to, too. The path for accomplishing this is entirely up to you, though. If you have a lewd tupper, you can always just kiss and lick each other all over the place.

Ah, Ok then thank you very much, you've been a great help.

Since tasting technically is a sense, you can do this if you want to, too. The path for accomplishing this is entirely up to you, though. If you have a lewd tupper, you can always just kiss and lick each other all over the place.

Yeah... I'm sure... Twilight won't mind that... :Awkward:

*Ahem*

ANYWAY!

Even though I'm a bit of a romantic, I would rather she not be lewd or lustful, I would like to make her personality as close to the one in the actual show.

...But I might do that part anyway...

You know... J-Just in case... :blush:

Ha.

Just make sure that while you are basing her off the one in the show, you tell her plenty that she doesn't have to turn out like the Twilight in the show. Make your tulpa's personality like the show Twilight, and after that let it go where your tulpa wants it to. Think of them as two different Twilights. If your Twilight wants to stay exactly like the one in the show, then cool! If she wants to change a bit, you shouldn't stop her.

We don't want any identity issues. Make sure you tell her often that she should feel no obligation to stay the same as the other Twilight, and that she has no expectations to live up to, and you will love her no matter how she turns out. You need to be honest with her, too, don't say that and not mean it.

A lot of people say it's a bad idea to make a tulpa based on a pre-existing character, so this is my method for countering identity issues.

• Brohoof 1

My Tulpa is based on an existing character, but I heavily modified her and I always remind her that shes not the character in any way besides name and hair color.

I didnt work too much on personality. I layed down some baselines and elaborated on them, but I want it to develop on its own. Everything else just slowly fell into place naturally.

One question:

Is it a common skill to be able to see through your Tulpa's eyes? I've found recently that I've been doing that quite a lot recently without much thought. For example, I'll be driving, with my Tulpa flying overhead, and if I close my eyes, I see a bird's eye view of my car on the street from her angle, with good vision of everything passing by around it.

Even now, I can connect mentally with my Tulpa and see myself typing this from her perspective. Is this normal, or is another one of these things that I've somehow been able to master unusually fast?

You should get a deck of cards, place one face up in another room, dont look at it, leave the room, and look at the card with your tulpa. Amaze yourself.
  • Brohoof 1

But that's impossible, silly. Tulpae have to use your senses. If you don't know what the card is, how could they? Best you would get is a guess by your tulpa when it looks at it.

They aren't metaphysical or anything, they're still bound to your body. :P

Dangit!

Every time I come to this thread, I feel the motivation to actually do this. When I sit down and try to "work", I lose all patience and motivation, and I am just like, "Screw this, it takes too much time and concentration."

I have the time, I just don't think I have the amount of "knowledge" or concentrating skills. I need advice, bad.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Nemo: One sees the cards for a second or two. That's enough for one's subconscious mind construct to utilize the short-term memory to recall all the cards. Theoretically. Take not my words for how well Celestia handles this task.

Raspberry: What you need to "work" on first is the personality. This is an important step. Just define about ten traits or so and describe how they affect the tupper. Don't be too over-detailed. Just make a simple list. When that's down, you can try going about the passive forcing + parroting way that I described in an earlier post on this page. Or, you can go to tulpa.info, read a ton of guides, get confused because their methods are old and outdated, craft your own method, go through many hours of experimentation, and so forth.

Edited by Fede-lasse
  • Brohoof 1

Fede: "place one face up in another room, dont look at it"

I think he's saying we don't see the cards at all, in which case it would be impossible to know what it is no matter what.

(edited)

I need a Pinkie Pie tulpa O_O

By the way, how do you get rid of one? Both temporarily and permanently? Just wondering ^_^

Edited by isobelthegreat

Pinkie Pie is my favorite pony, but her hyperactive nature may keep me up at night. Maybe I should get a pony who's more calm and down to earth, maybe Twilight.

Has anyone here actually gotten it to work?

I'm actually quite scared of doing this.

Having Twilight Sparkle as an imaginary friend and study buddy would be very nice, but what about in my future? How shall I live a normal life with a tulpa? I'll have to make time for family and future kids, lover. Then after growing attached to my tulpa will I have to abandon it?

(edited)

Pinkie Pie is my favorite pony, but her hyperactive nature may keep me up at night. Maybe I should get a pony who's more calm and down to earth, maybe Twilight.

Has anyone here actually gotten it to work?

I'm actually quite scared of doing this.

Having Twilight Sparkle as an imaginary friend and study buddy would be very nice, but what about in my future? How shall I live a normal life with a tulpa? I'll have to make time for family and future kids, lover. Then after growing attached to my tulpa will I have to abandon it?

You won't need to sit down for an hour or so everyday with your tulpa after it's sapient and imposed. No need to abandon it due to lack of time. Just talk to it every day, make sure it doesn't dissipate due to lack of attention. And if this will be your lifelong friend, that should never be an issue. Edited by RBDash
  • Brohoof 2

No It's not the time going into it, it's how I won't be able to lead a normal life because I'll be communicating with an imaginary pony when (in the future) I'll have huge responsibilities like kids and lovers. Will it distract me from work? Will it be more of a burden then a self induced blessing? It's too early in my life (I'm 15) to be making such extreme life long decisions!

• Brohoof 1

What you need to "work" on first is the personality. This is an important step. Just define about ten traits or so and describe how they affect the tupper. Don't be too over-detailed. Just make a simple list. When that's down, you can try going about the passive forcing + parroting way that I described in an earlier post on this page. Or, you can go to tulpa.info, read a ton of guides, get confused because their methods are old and outdated, craft your own method, go through many hours of experimentation, and so forth.

This. I had no real progress following people's tips on the forum, particularly Costanza.

• Brohoof 1

Lol, Costanza isn't even making a tulpa. I wouldn't listen to him.

I pretty much read some guides to see the general idea behind how this is done, then went out on my own. I feel like I'm doing it right, so I clearly am.

@Isobel - You can't really get rid of a tulpa temporarily, but the way to get rid of one is to ignore it. They need at least a little attention each day to survive, so if you deprive them of that then they'll cease to exist after a while.

@RoboGuy - Think of it as a best friend, though I realize you probably don't want your best friend around 24/7. While they can go do stuff on their own and they don't need you interacting with them all the time, the amount of the time they can spend alone depends on the personality of the tulpa. Some may get bored quickly, others could probably go hours just doing stuff on their own. It depends, really.

(edited)

No It's not the time going into it, it's how I won't be able to lead a normal life because I'll be communicating with an imaginary pony when (in the future) I'll have huge responsibilities like kids and lovers. Will it distract me from work? Will it be more of a burden then a self induced blessing? It's too early in my life (I'm 15) to be making such extreme life long decisions!

At the age of 15, you have more than enough time to decide what to do with your life. It's just an imaginary friend. That's all. If you don't want it to get in the way of your life, it won't.

Edited by Iron Mare
Removed inflammatory links.
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Watched the fireworks with my Tulpa yesterday. Truly was a bonding experience between both of us. (Despite both of us being absolutely winded by the shockwaves from the finale. Who needs plain ol' fireworks when you can just set off 80 M-80s [1/8th of a stick of dynamite] into the air and blow out everyone's eardrums from 300 feet away?)

Interesting experience again, my tulpa used magic to add to that fireworks display. I could see and hear those extra fireworks as well. That was very amazing, and beautiful. Helped form a deeper friendship with my tulpa than before.

Edited by Iron Mare
Removed references to inflammatory posts.

(edited)

I'm tempted to go through all the pages of this topic now that you three have disrupted the thread outright.

Please, for everyone else's sake, if you find something offensive or detrimental to everyone's well being, REPORT IT. DO NOT RESPOND TO IT. YOU WILL ONLY CAUSE MORE PROBLEMS BY REPLYING.

With that said, please, carry on, and this time, please at least try not to get so angry with each other. Thank you.

Edited by Iron Mare
  • Brohoof 2