Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I don't see any too negative effects. It would be like having a twin brother or someone who you'll probably will always get along with. It's your tulpa, so any qualities you like in a person/pony, you'll probably put into a Tulpa naturally. Unless you are annoyed with a few certain qualities of yourself that you put in your Tulpa, it probably should go fine.

Interesting update with my Tulpa. I've not received any vocal answers yet, but my Tulpa is definitely sentient. It's rather amazing actually. I've got the visualization down, working on imposing my Tulpa on my senses now. (Sight is the hardest.) Last night I spent a while listening to music and working on my Tulpa's singing voice as well as her speaking voice.

We're growing rather close. She laughs (or at least humorously smiles) at funny things I show her, gives me a comforting look when I'm sad, and she seems to brood on things that I think about and looks like she wants to provide insight but is still unable to speak. It may take a while before she actually does, and she seems to know that.

Though we're both amazed that it's worked and that the progress has been stunning, almost concerning. . . I'm not even near 20 hours and yet my Tulpa is nearly complete.

Does your tulpa move on its own, and have you finished smell and touch? Until all senses are complete and she is talking and moving I wouldn't recommend imposition, as she will probably resemble a ghost for some time.

Also, how did you do the personality? I'm at 12 hours now and I'm still at personality, but also doing a fully body visualization at the beginning and end of the session. I feel like I'm making progress, but considering how some have responses and/or movement in a week I think I could be a bit faster.

Does your tulpa move on its own, and have you finished smell and touch? Until all senses are complete and she is talking and moving I wouldn't recommend imposition, as she will probably resemble a ghost for some time.

Also, how did you do the personality? I'm at 12 hours now and I'm still at personality, but also doing a fully body visualization at the beginning and end of the session. I feel like I'm making progress, but considering how some have responses and/or movement in a week I think I could be a bit faster.

Smell and Touch are done. Currently working on sight and sound. Yes, she moves around willingly, sometimes even leaving my sight for a while and coming back sometime later. On terms of sentience, she's not completely sentient yet. Not yet completely reactive and independent yet, but every day she's significantly more responsive.

I wrote down every aspect of my Tulpa's personality beforehand and during sessions I would audibly talk to my Tulpa with the intention to promote independence and self-awareness from a very early stage, writing down notes and adding anything that I forgot to put in the original list. So far it has made progress move significantly beyond schedule, (and I had no intention of it being done this fast either) with personality completely done and half-way done with visualization within 7 hours time. By the 10th hour I had first signs of sentience. I'm at hour 16 now, and I'm fully done with personality, (including individual aspects and personality foundations, reactions to several scenarios, likes, dislikes, habits, quirks, and hobbies) visualization, (with extra focus on the facial features) touch sensations, (I can literally feel my Tulpa, and it is as it describes, you can feel it, but it has no physical presence) and smell.

I had no intention of rushing things, yet everything just fell right into place and just worked, leaving nothing more to be done. (But I still review everything I've covered as many times as possible to ensure I didn't miss anything) I don't know if it's because I've almost made a tulpa by accident before, or because I'm known to have a very powerful mind or both but it's been amazingly fast.

I don't see any too negative effects. It would be like having a twin brother or someone who you'll probably will always get along with. It's your tulpa, so any qualities you like in a person/pony, you'll probably put into a Tulpa naturally. Unless you are annoyed with a few certain qualities of yourself that you put in your Tulpa, it probably should go fine.

Ok, thanks! I've managed to come up with a few different traits now so I think I'll be ready to start working on it soon.

:wub:

I think I might be starting to get responses. I've been asking my tulpa several yes or no questions, and I get this fuzzy feeling wave over my head. Apparently she likes The Legend of Korra, but any other question has the feeling come randomly so I don't think she understands much. Need to do more narration...

• Brohoof 1

After I woke up this afternoon, I think my Tulpa finally made it's first audible response.

It was a cough. It kinda' scared me. Weird right? (what isn't weird about these)

Anyway, I knew it wasn't me thinking it 'cuz I was thinking other things at the time.

I'm sure it was no one else in my house either because I was alone.

So I guess this is progress?

I wish I had the patience to make an Applejack tulpa. Ohhh, the compliments that would fly around, it would be the best day EVAR :wub:B):D

It's not good to base a Tulpa off a pre-existing character.

(related to bold text) Also, they last forever.

Haha, I got my first audible response! (Apart from singing, that is. Turns out my Tulpa loves to sing along to music I'm listening to. Who'd imagine Celestia rocking out to brony music? lol!)

I turned towards her and was thinking about something while staring at her. She turns to look at me after a minute, and a confused look appears on her face. She tilted her head, and said, "What?"

That certainly surprised me.

It's not good to base a Tulpa off a pre-existing character.

So I've heard. Despite these warnings, I'm basing mine off Pinkie Pie. My plan for preventing any identity issues is thus. I've been telling her about where she came from (the show, of course) and describing the pony on the TV to her. I constantly tell her that while she is being based off this pony, she does not have to feel obligated to be exactly like her at all. I remind her that she can deviate however she likes and I'll still love her unconditionally. She's a separate pony from that one on TV, and so she doesn't have to be like her.

Plus, if you truly believe that no matter what, a tulpa will have identity issues if it's based off a character, then it definitely will. If you believe that it doesn't matter if it's based off a character and that your tulpa will turn out fine, then it will more likely than not be fine. An enormous part of making a tulpa is expectation and beliefs.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

I need 4 more personality traits, any suggestions? Here is the list of traits I already have.

1. Loyal

2. Carring

3. Understanding

4. Brilliant

5. Creative

6. Helpfull

7. Motivator

8. Funny

9. Competative

10. Forgiving

11. Patient

12. Grateful

13. Good sport

14. Vibrant with happiness

15. Honest

16. Loves music

17. Laid back

18. Respectful

19. Lucky

20. Courageous

21. Silly

22. Willful

23. Not judgmental

24. Tactician

25. Optimistic

26. Fighter (It wont stop fighting for what it believes in)

Edited by Lightning Bolt

You don't have to come up with exactly thirty trait; that's just a guideline. In any case, here are a few I like that are going in to my tulpa:

Empathetic

Extroverted

Compassionate

Animated

Affectionate

Humble

Intelligent

You don't have to come up with exactly thirty trait; that's just a guideline. In any case, here are a few I like that are going in to my tulpa:

Empathetic

Extroverted

Compassionate

Animated

Affectionate

Humble

Intelligent

Thanks!

(edited)

Holy crap.

I just realized.

What if you had Discord for a tulpa?

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=YEJwjkm2UPw

Haha, I got my first audible response! (Apart from singing, that is. Turns out my Tulpa loves to sing along to music I'm listening to. Who'd imagine Celestia rocking out to brony music? lol!)

I turned towards her and was thinking about something while staring at her. She turns to look at me after a minute, and a confused look appears on her face. She tilted her head, and said, "What?"

That certainly surprised me.

So what's it like being able to see your tulpa? Do you see her ike any other physical being or object, or is she transparent? Does she look real to you or like an illusion?

Edited by Pegasus25

So what's it like being able to see your tulpa? Do you see her ike any other physical being or object, or is she transparent? Does she look real to you or like an illusion?

Well, sight is the hardest to figure out for me. . . I mean, she's there, I can sense her, I can hear her, smell her, and even touch her, but technically I cannot see her yet. I see her in my mind's eye is the simplest way to put it.

But every day her sentience grows stronger. She's growing into more of an individual than a thought. Turns out she's already deviated from my expectations somewhat. She loves, and I mean loves to listen to music and sing along. I didn't originally intend for that quality, but I love it nonetheless because she has a beautiful voice. She even got a bit frustrated at me this morning because I didn't start up my music immediately.

I fell asleep whilst Forcing last night...

Not sure if good or bad. Anyway...

My Tulpa has been active all day to the point of my head hurting; which is a good sign to me. I'm hoping it is because it's growing and gaining energy.

(edited)

Ok, After reading all 13 pages of this thread, I've decided I want to make a Tulpa. But I have a question I need help with first.

What should I make my Tulpa like? I've been thinking of 3 options,

A. An Irken Tallest/ Irken Inavder (Because I love how they look.) Who acts like a companion who i can talk to, hang out with and be friends and stuff.

B. Discord

C. Companion Cube

Also, If the person making the Tulpa is smart, will the Tulpa be as smart as the person if he wants it to be smart?

And is having a Tulpa going to stop you from hanging out with real friends?

Edited by Almighty Tallest/GLaMOS

I haven't started yet and I don't think I should be worrying about this yet, but I don't know if I should make my tulpa a guy or girl, and here's the (pathetic) reason why:

I originally was going to make my tulpa my OC, until I realized that my OC is just a pony version of me, then I thought about making a female OC, my reasoning being that I don't talk with girls very much, so having a female tulpa would help, though maybe I'm stupid for thinking that

What should I do? Should I care yet?

(edited)

Also, If the person making the Tulpa is smart, will the Tulpa be as smart as the person if he wants it to be smart?

And is having a Tulpa going to stop you from hanging out with real friends?

You make it look like whatever you want, they can be inanimate objects as well.

Yes.

No.

I originally was going to make my tulpa my OC, until I realized that my OC is just a pony version of me, then I thought about making a female OC, my reasoning being that I don't talk with girls very much, so having a female tulpa would help, though maybe I'm stupid for thinking that

What should I do? Should I care yet?

If you think it would help, go for it.

It's the Consciousness that matters anyway, the body is mostly for your benefit.

Edited by Chigens

By the time that this forum eventually shuts down, we will be releasing about 100 psychos with immaginary friends all around the internet :P

Anyway, I can't decide whether or not to continue my tulpa. I mean after 5 hours I feel like all my thoughts are being amassed somehwere near me but the tulpaforcing is ridiculously boring and I get massive headaches during/after.