Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

I'll make mine smell like roses and sunshine. If you're making a lifelong friend (that doesn't sound mentally healthy ^_^), you might as well enjoy its smell. Same with its texture, you would want to really like it.

So I guess I should make him smell like Big Macs (The sandwich, not the pony)...

So I guess I should make him smell like Big Macs (The sandwich, not the pony)...

I hear that for when you're on smell, you should get yourself a can of air freshener and spray it around the room before tulpaforcing. Or if you're REALLY MANLY, you could also spray a tiny bit of perfume just on the top of your upper lip, that might work too I guess. If your tulpa is female, it would make sense.

Just make sure the fume doesn't go up your nose or something. Don't want you getting high on a bottle of your sister's rose water now. ;)

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

I have a quick question. How would listening to music whilst tulpaforcing effect things?

I haven't seen anything that says not to do it or that it isn't recommended, but I've found nothing saying you can either.

It all depends on the person.

I, myself, listen to Theta Tones whilst forcing. It helps me concentrate on the consciousness.

Edited by Chigens

Just wondering, are tulpas really sapient? Do they have their own thoughts, hopes, dreams, etc...? Does their personality ever evolve without any interference from you?

If they truly have independant thoughts, doesn't this bring up ethical issues with banishing them or treating them like a slave?

(edited)

Just wondering, are tulpas really sapient? Do they have their own thoughts, hopes, dreams, etc...? Does their personality ever evolve without any interference from you?

If they truly have independant thoughts, doesn't this bring up ethical issues with banishing them or treating them like a slave?

Yes they are. They could, yes. Yes it does.

It could. However, nobody knows if you have a Tulpa except yourself, right? So only you would face those issues.

Edited by Chigens

I hear that for when you're on smell, you should get yourself a can of air freshener and spray it around the room before tulpaforcing. Or if you're REALLY MANLY, you could also spray a tiny bit of perfume just on the top of your upper lip, that might work too I guess. If your tulpa is female, it would make sense.

Just make sure the fume doesn't go up your nose or something. Don't want you getting high on a bottle of your sister's rose water now. ;)

Too bad I used all my GameStop PowerUp Rewards points, I could get a pizza-scented candle...

My tulpa is very interesting. I don't know why or how, but I think my tulpa is gaining sentience faster than normal. Now, hear me out, I'm NOT parroting. I know what that is because I admit that is what happened with my previous semi-tulpa. It's not sentient to the point of communication, but I'm beginning to feel it's, or should I say, her emotions. She at least gives me the impression that she is listening intently to the things I tell her, and is paying very close attention to me as I create of her personality/appearance.

I'm only a few days in too. It's strange. . . Like the guide says, the thoughts are alien. . . But it says that I'm nowhere near that point. I even seem to feel her critiquing me as I add on to the tulpa.

Maybe it's because I started off with an unorthodox method? Talking with her audibly with a sense to encourage self-awareness at a very early stage, along with very high intelligence as one of her personality traits? I don't know, but it both intrigues me and confuses me. :wacko:

Might have something to do with having already made a semi-tulpa in the past, I dunno, maybe that helped you make a new tulpa faster somehow.

My fellow bros, I am thinking about taking my manliness one step further by creating a pony tulpa (thoughtform). It's basically a prolonged hallucination created by the brain that can be interacted with, almost as if it were real. However, my dilema is that I can't decide on which pony I want to bring to life. Any advice?

(edited)
Dreamwalker, it would've been easier if you just did wait patiently instead of posting it here, we're not actively on the report center all the time. :l Edited by Jonke
  • Brohoof 3

(edited)

I am actually thinking about Twilight, but I dunno if she would get annoying after a while

Everywhere it says not to base your tulpa off of a character, as it will lead to a tulpa that is constantly striving to be like the character and never feeling like s/he lived up to what you wanted.

My Tulpa will be based rainbow dash, but I'm giving her a unique personality and a horn (because why not?).

-EDIT-

Just realized, what should I do about the cutie mark on a pony tulpa? Should I make a blank flank, give it the cutie mark off the pony I'm basing off, or try to add one later to one the tulpa wants?

Edited by RBDash

I find this extremely interesting.... I want to try it to see if it works, but it doesn't sound like something to be taken lightly, or experimented on. So I should give this some serious thought first :huh:

A tip for those of you having any trouble on visualizing your tulpa, try and draw your tulpa if you can. It will make visualizing him/her much clearer. If you are making a pony tulpa(Like me and most of you guys.), you could also try and recreate them in the pony creator game.

My tulpa is slightly based off of Twilight, but different mane style, slightly lighter coat colour and is instead an earth pony. (Because less features means less time needed to work on them. If you give your tulpa wings for example, you will need to be able to tulpaforce them the ability to fly and flap their wings. And horns are kind of useless since tulpas can't interact with the physical world. But you could just give them the horn so they look cooler, but they won't be able to use magic.)

It's best you try and imagine the tulpa in your mind as best you can before trying to recreate them in the pony creator game. That's only if your character is an OC. If it's somepony from the show, It's better you just go around finding pictures of them or watch the show instead of just using Pony creator.

In case anyone wants to see what my tulpa looks like for yourselves, put this in the 'ponycode' section in the advanced menu:

2S2S000000D0B3FEFEE4D40000100CCFEUN1837000000000914E1D826F009B1C107F3FCC004CB2

(Reposting because of issues with topic merges.)

So, according to several guides it is best to start by defining a personality for your tulpa.

Now, while doing that, am I supposed to focus on an idea and equate characteristics to it, talk to an entity I imagine as being there, or something else entirely?

And horns are kind of useless since tulpas can't interact with the physical world. But you could just give them the horn so they look cooler, but they won't be able to use magic.)

Tulpae can have super powers, so I don't see why they can't do magic.

My tulpa is a Twilight look-alike. I just added a different color scheme so that I can use different TS vectors to help me with the visualization like this one:

post-1207-0-44931400-1339277135_thumb.png

(Reposting because of issues with topic merges.)

So, according to several guides it is best to start by defining a personality for your tulpa.

Now, while doing that, am I supposed to focus on an idea and equate characteristics to it, talk to an entity I imagine as being there, or something else entirely?

What I did was to let my tulpa start of as a glowing orb. I imagined smaller orbs (each one representing a trait) and let them merge with the tulpa orb. Each time a smaller orb merged with the tulpa, I'd say "you're now X" and then I started talking to her about what I meant by that trait. I repeated this process until I had merged all the traits with my tulpa.

• Brohoof 1

What I did was to let my tulpa start of as a glowing orb. I imagined smaller orbs (each one representing a trait) and let them merge with the tulpa orb. Each time a smaller orb merged with the tulpa, I'd say "you're now X" and then I started talking to her about what I meant by that trait. I repeated this process until I had merged all the traits with my tulpa.

So you recommend, first getting the list of traits and coming up with definitions that pertain to the characteristics you want, secondly imagining a form to talk to that symbolizes the early tulpa, and then telling the tulpa the characteristics while explaining the definitions of said characteristics? Definitions being how the characteristics relate to opinions, beliefs, etc.

Sorry, I'm just trying to make it easier for me to understand.

My tulpa is slightly based off of Twilight, but different mane style, slightly lighter coat colour and is instead an earth pony. (Because less features means less time needed to work on them. If you give your tulpa wings for example, you will need to be able to tulpaforce them the ability to fly and flap their wings. And horns are kind of useless since tulpas can't interact with the physical world. But you could just give them the horn so they look cooler, but they won't be able to use magic.

What about if you use a wonderland? Magic could be used there.

For wings, I think visualization will be a LOT easier than personality and narration for me. I can already rotate alicorn Rainbow Dash in my head and I know her feeling, and I didn't spend more than 10 minutes on it. I don't think having her able to fly will be too hard (and it will help if I'm in a crowd and there's no place for her to stand without being noclipped).

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

So you recommend, first getting the list of traits and coming up with definitions that pertain to the characteristics you want, secondly imagining a form to talk to that symbolizes the early tulpa, and then telling the tulpa the characteristics while explaining the definitions of said characteristics? Definitions being how the characteristics relate to opinions, beliefs, etc.

Sorry, I'm just trying to make it easier for me to understand.

That's pretty much what I did. The methods varies from person to person; whatever suits them best really. I think the important thing is to feel and talk directly to the tulpa when your giving the traits. If not you'll be more or less just talking to yourself.

---

Anyway, how many hours have people spent so far? Have anyone come past the visualization stage yet?

Edited by Nordica

Anyway, how many hours have people spent so far? Have anyone come past the visualization stage yet?

10+ and counting.

I started with personality in the hopes that mine begins to form sentience and "talk" with me before I start it's body. No matter what happens I am stopping at the 20 hour mark and moving onto the visualization.

It's basically a prolonged hallucination created by the brain that can be interacted with, almost as if it were real.

Dude, we know. What do you think this entire topic has been about?