Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

(edited)

By the time that this forum eventually shuts down, we will be releasing about 100 psychos with immaginary friends all around the internet :P

Anyway, I can't decide whether or not to continue my tulpa. I mean after 5 hours I feel like all my thoughts are being amassed somehwere near me but the tulpaforcing is ridiculously boring and I get massive headaches during/after.

But I already am insane! :lol:

I got headaches at first, but soon when things began to piece together and my Tulpa began to gain sentience, it was much easier.

Last night I actually had several conversations with my Tulpa. One of them led to me rearranging the entire furniture in my room to include a keyboard and subwoofers. (Apparently my Celestia is so obsessed with music, she want's me to learn music and even sing so I could accompany her and write down tunes she comes up with, I agreed because she convinced me that they would be valuable skills, and of course, I still have to try my hand at brony music just for the heck of it. If anything, she also wanted a better stereo system with better bass.)

I also find her wandering about the house farther away from me. One time she goes to fly outside and comes back an hour later, said she made it as far as the Mall a few blocks away before she had to turn back. She truly is gaining independence, and it is getting rather fun conversing with her. Still can't see her though. . . :huh:

Meh, i don't want to lose my virginity to rarity or twilight.

post-4823-0-07897700-1340553950.jpg

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)

Here's how I'm doing it. I have a set of questions next to my traits. Things like "How does this trait affect her emotions" "how does it impact outlook" "how does it impact self image" and many others. Then I sit and close my eyes. I talk (in your head, or out loud, but out loud is better if you can) as if my tulpa were sitting right next to me, but just out of sight. I tell her about this particular trait and what it's like overall, then I answer each of the questions. "How does it impact morality?" "Well see, Pinkie, because of this trait, 'kind', you always try to be nice to others. Even when they're being mean to you, you still need to be nice to them because you don't know whether something bad is happening in their life, or if they're just mean. We always be kind to people because..." etcetera. After meticulously answering all the questions I have and narrating it all to her, it's usually been 15-20 minutes. In an hour-long forcing session, we usually add three traits and review the ones she already has.

Feel free to adapt this to whatever feels right for you.

EDIT: Don't forget, the most important part is that you feel you're talking to her. Don't just talk to the air.

Edited by Captain Nemo
  • Brohoof 1

Here's how I'm doing it. I have a set of questions next to my traits. Things like "How does this trait affect her emotions" "how does it impact outlook" "how does it impact self image" and many others. Then I sit and close my eyes. I talk (in your head, or out loud, but out loud is better if you can) as if my tulpa were sitting right next to me, but just out of sight. I tell her about this particular trait and what it's like overall, then I answer each of the questions. "How does it impact morality?" "Well see, Pinkie, because of this trait, 'kind', you always try to be nice to others. Even when they're being mean to you, you still need to be nice to them because you don't know whether something bad is happening in their life, or if they're just mean. We always be kind to people because..." etcetera. After meticulously answering all the questions I have and narrating it all to her, it's usually been 15-20 minutes. In an hour-long forcing session, we usually add three traits and review the ones she already has.

Feel free to adapt this to whatever feels right for you.

EDIT: Don't forget, the most important part is that you feel you're talking to her. Don't just talk to the air.

i will try this thanks :)

i saw this video, it is quite relevant to this thread

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RQ8mSBaD3Q&feature=channel&list=UL

but seriously i might start one, it seems very interesting

I find the lack of Mario Bros. 2 music disturbing

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Celestia litterally facehoofed at that comment.

So, what is it like having a sentient tulpa? How does it feel to experience the presence of a pony that only you can interact with? I've only been at tulpaforcing and narration for a few days, nevertheless I already find myself experiencing very light, alien sensations throughout the day. I'm not sure if I'm just subconsciously parroting it all, or if my head is so numb that I'm going insane.

I can't say I've ever heard of it before but it sounds interesting :) I think it would freak me out if I managed to create one... Can you uncreate it lol without killing it so to speak? Still sounds like a lot of work to make real.

I guess you could ask it to leave the room if it bothers you, although that doesn't mean it will. :lol:

The only way to kill a tulpa is by depriving it of attention. How anyone could have the heart to destroy a creature they invested hours of concentration into bringing to life, I cannot imagine.

Edited by Pinkie Pie

The only way to kill a tulpa is by depriving it of attention. How anyone could have the heart to destroy a creature they invested hours of concentration into bringing to life, I cannot imagine.

Personally I sight shock and being skittish once it works as my answer, although I imagine unmaking one would be a painful thing for the maker. The idea of something I control but not in my control would be a little weird esp. since this is beyond a hallucination. So you can ask it to leave the room? That's really shocking to me lol how can you know it's still there once it's gone? What if it doesn't comply, can others sit or push it if they inhabit the space it's in or will it naturally move out of the way? I'm truly fascinated by this, going to have to research it more and find out lol

So, what is it like having a sentient tulpa? How does it feel to experience the presence of a pony that only you can interact with? I've only been at tulpaforcing and narration for a few days, nevertheless I already find myself experiencing very light, alien sensations throughout the day. I'm not sure if I'm just subconsciously parroting it all, or if my head is so numb that I'm going insane.

Well, it's just like she's there, an actual person/pony that's sitting there. Sometimes she says something, or sometimes I say something and you engage in conversation. (both audibly and telepathically) Both of us know that my Tulpa cannot physically interact with the world or with other people, so she stays out of the way. She apparently dislikes phasing through people though, so she'll rather walk around them instead.

Really? Well apparently you don't think of mollestia all day so you're good.

No, Molestia inhabits my dream world. :wacko:

(edited)

Personally I sight shock and being skittish once it works as my answer, although I imagine unmaking one would be a painful thing for the maker. The idea of something I control but not in my control would be a little weird esp. since this is beyond a hallucination. So you can ask it to leave the room? That's really shocking to me lol how can you know it's still there once it's gone? What if it doesn't comply, can others sit or push it if they inhabit the space it's in or will it naturally move out of the way? I'm truly fascinated by this, going to have to research it more and find out lol

You can ask it to leave the room if you like. Whether they comply or not will be part of their personality, but they'll usually do it if you ask nicely. It's still in your mind, it still exists, because you've conditioned your subconscious to always project this being on your senses. They may be out of the room, but they're still a part of your mind.

Other people can't push it. You can't push it, either. It's purely a construct of your mind; it cannot interact with the world around it nor can others interact with, hear, or see it. While somebody could easily be standing in the space a tulpa occupies, the tulpa will most likely want to move as it would be strange for them.

Edited by Captain Nemo

I just started doing this the other day. Got a good 4.5 hours in (2 sets of 1 hour, 1 set of 2 hours, and 1 30 min one [my first one]) and lately it makes my head kinda hurt (which I hear is good).

I did a short but specific personality. I layed down some baselines, but I want her personality to form on its own, besides the basics I set.

During and after sessions, I feel really mellow, calm, but happy. Narrating makes me laugh and smile sometimes (I narrate vocally)

Hmm. I am wondering what my Tulpa is doing throughout the day.

For the past few days, since Saturday, I haven't been feeling my Tulpa until around like 2 or 3 AM.

I mean, I constantly narrate to her and stuff. I'm just worried if she is disappearing or like going away from me..?

Help, advice, any tips to help keep constant contact?

Hmm. I am wondering what my Tulpa is doing throughout the day.

For the past few days, since Saturday, I haven't been feeling my Tulpa until around like 2 or 3 AM.

I mean, I constantly narrate to her and stuff. I'm just worried if she is disappearing or like going away from me..?

Help, advice, any tips to help keep constant contact?

Your tulpa could be wandering. I know mine does that a lot. (Or when I go somewhere, she stays behind. Especially if I've been jamming to music. I just leave it on for her to listen to.)

If you're constantly narrating, than you should be fine. You can summon your Tulpa with your mind to make it present for your sessions. No matter where, they can hear you.

Don't worry, she's never "gone". She's just not at the front of your thoughts constantly. If she's sentient yet, she's probably doing whatever while you're not paying attention to her. She may also be trying to communicate with you but isn't sure how, so just be sure to keep narrating and she'll be vocal soon enough.

Your tulpa could be wandering. I know mine does that a lot. (Or when I go somewhere, she stays behind. Especially if I've been jamming to music. I just leave it on for her to listen to.)

If you're constantly narrating, than you should be fine. You can summon your Tulpa with your mind to make it present for your sessions. No matter where, they can hear you.

Don't worry, she's never "gone". She's just not at the front of your thoughts constantly. If she's sentient yet, she's probably doing whatever while you're not paying attention to her. She may also be trying to communicate with you but isn't sure how, so just be sure to keep narrating and she'll be vocal soon enough.

Well alright.

I was just a tad worried, being that before I could nearly always feel it.

But I guess this is progress and cant hurt.

i saw this video, it is quite relevant to this thread

http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RQ8mSBaD3Q&feature=channel&list=UL

but seriously i might start one, it seems very interesting

Oh, goddess, I exploded with laughter when the MGS music started up.

As for the tulpas, this idea still greatly intrigues me. I think I'd like to make one in the future.