Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Well, after spending about 3 hours reading 48 pages of this thread, then a few more reading guides and experiences all over the net, i gotta say i am quite intrigued. Also, congratz to everypony who made it already, considering how much time and persistence it takes.

I've known about tulpas for some time now but they never seemed like anything interesting or worthy of the time spent on them, but I'm thinking about trying this myself now.

One question though: would a metamorphing tulpa be any harder to make? I dont mean a cloud of smoke that can turn into anything, but rather something with 2 defined bodies instead of one? I'm specifically talking about a Kitsune. Dont ask me why, but I've been fascinated by Kitsunes since the day i got my first pc with an internet connection (dial-up, anyone?)

Just to know, you can get better information on tulpas by searching multiple places on the internet...

If your curious about something that I think, you can ask me. Otherwise, go google tulpas and find out what you need.

I am interested in the fact that my most quoted sentence was; 'Please don't just make a tulpa for the heck of it, for it is a delicate situation.'. Everypony has seemed to notice that more than everything else I wrote.

I don't want people to be overly obsessed about tulpas...I was when I first heard about it.

Now about "good" and "bad" tulpas...

As for the bad energy you mentioned... bad tulpae choosed - bad energy; good tulpae choosed - good energy...

Yes the decision is yours... at the beginning.

As you give your tulpa the ability to think for itself, and giving it it's own identity, it can be very risky. You can choose it's personality, and it's other traits that make it who you want it to be. Well... later on they separate from your creative mind, then dwell on the universe of your mystical subconscious.

Good energy coming from a tulpa, means that the things that you don't think about, are good things... Many people have terrible things that happen to them, therefor, your tulpa could become that terrible thing recreated into a physical form.

Think of this:

"Your past is full of anger; thus your tulpa can become anger but in a physical form."

or...

"If your past is filled with sadness; your tulpa can be sadness."

Tulpae is very complicated, and you never can truly know what is at stake until you try it.

I call it "a risk of your well being".

A tulpa is always with you, and won't leave you unless you destroy it. Your tulpa has infinite access to you, and chooses when to be with you. They watch every move you do, listen to every word you say, and can hear EVERY scream of the past that haunts you.

Again, look into every aspect of tulpae before taking that risk.

*DEEP INTO THOUGHT*

Here is something else I've realized that scares me... What if your tulpa turned against you??

This is probably the thing that no one here wants to think about. Maybe in your mind you are telling yourself that 'tulpas can share happiness with you' and that 'they will always be your companion'.

A fully developed tulpa can do whatever it pleases without you permission, and are unpredictable as sentient beings.

If the human brain was made into a computer, the hard drive would hold over 100 terabytes in memory... THAT'S A LOT! If a tulpa can take anything out of that, then you can never be sure what they will do next.

According to all of the things I have read about tulpas, you can interact with them using your 5 senses. What if they were angry? Could they attack you? I'm just saying that they could affect you physically, as much as mentally.

*EVEN DEEPER INTO THOUGHT*

These tulpas can act as poltergeists... they can be motivated to do horrible things, and they could even possibly be inhabited by bad spirits.

Do any of you know the T.V. series; "Ghost Hunters"?

They like to go out and anger ghosts to get evidence of their exsistance. After a lot of experience, and observations, the ghost hunters say: "The ghosts feed off of the energy of your fear... all they want is power, and they will do anything to get it. The times when we get random scratches and cuts are when we are scared, or when we anger the spirits."

Bad spirits are trying to get power... Well?

How do they get power?

I don't want to have any ghost possess my tulpa... this is just deep into thought, and it's a theory I have thought of...

I don't want to talk much about tulpae anymore. I am fascinated, yet overwhelmed as these thoughts consume my view on this...

I know this "tulpa" thing is cool, but please, take it seriously.

I will answer questions on my opinion, so feel free to ask me anything.

Thaks for reading, and tell me how it goes...

-Beat Shock :)

• Brohoof 2

Eh. You are starting to sound rather scared about it all.

I for one do not have anything to fear about. I wasn't kidding when I said nothing bad in particular has ever happened to me.

I don't seem to have any reasons to NOT to create a tulpa, considering how I am preparing for the creation itself especially.

Well... later on they separate from your creative mind, then dwell on the universe of your mystical subconscious.

Odd wording, but all right...

Many people have terrible things that happen to them, therefor, your tulpa could become that terrible thing recreated into a physical form.

I'm sorry, but what? You mean imaginary physical form, right? Tulpas are only a hallucination, they are not physical in any way.

Think of this:

"Your past is full of anger; thus your tulpa can become anger but in a physical form."

or...

"If your past is filled with sadness; your tulpa can be sadness."

Again with the physical stuff. But beside that, I'm not sure you know how tulpas work. Sounds like you've read one too many creepypastas.

Just because a tulpa lives in your subconscious does not mean it has to embody it. Why would anybody want to be sad or angry all the time? Unless you make a tulpa that wants to be that, they won't be.

Tulpae is very complicated, and you never can truly know what is at stake until you try it.

Sure.

I call it "a risk of your well being".

Uh...

A tulpa is always with you, and won't leave you unless you destroy it. Your tulpa has infinite access to you, and chooses when to be with you. They watch every move you do, listen to every word you say, and can hear EVERY scream of the past that haunts you.

Okay, now you're just trying to scare people.

Warning - those making a tulpa may not wish to read this next section. It might hinder your progress.

A tulpa is, at its core, only a hallucination you've trained yourself to see. It seems to have a mind of its own because it operates in your subconscious, and your conscious mind does not know what your subconscious does.

See, when you make a tulpa, you're using your conscious mind to prove to your subconscious, so to speak, that a person exists and you should be seeing/hearing them. After a while, your subconscious makes sure you can see and feel this person by imposing them over your vision and hearing.

You can dictate what you do and don't want your tulpa to hear. It's as easy as wanting them to be able to access something or not. That includes access to memories, senses, body control and so forth.

Here is something else I've realized that scares me... What if your tulpa turned against you??

A fully developed tulpa can do whatever it pleases without you permission, and are unpredictable as sentient beings.

That second sentence is mostly true, except for the permission part. A tulpa cannot do anything harmful to you unless you let them.

According to all of the things I have read about tulpas, you can interact with them using your 5 senses. What if they were angry? Could they attack you? I'm just saying that they could affect you physically, as much as mentally.

Again, what? Physically? No. Mentally, sure, if you made a tulpa that enjoys harming people and has it in their core personality to torture you. But why on Earth would anybody do that?

These tulpas can act as poltergeists... they can be motivated to do horrible things, and they could even possibly be inhabited by bad spirits.

All right, I'm gonna let you have your beliefs. If you wanna believe in ghosts, fine. But I think this portion is absolutely insane.

the ghost hunters say: "The ghosts feed off of the energy of your fear... all they want is power, and they will do anything to get it. The times when we get random scratches and cuts are when we are scared, or when we anger the spirits."

I'm sorry, but I think you're really confused about what a tulpa really is and how it works. A lot of your post is just complete and utter nonsense.

• Brohoof 3

Odd wording, but all right...

I'm sorry, but what? You mean imaginary physical form, right? Tulpas are only a hallucination, they are not physical in any way.

Again with the physical stuff. But beside that, I'm not sure you know how tulpas work. Sounds like you've read one too many creepypastas.

Just because a tulpa lives in your subconscious does not mean it has to embody it. Why would anybody want to be sad or angry all the time? Unless you make a tulpa that wants to be that, they won't be.

Sure.

Uh...

Okay, now you're just trying to scare people.

Warning - those making a tulpa may not wish to read this next section. It might hinder your progress.

A tulpa is, at its core, only a hallucination you've trained yourself to see. It seems to have a mind of its own because it operates in your subconscious, and your conscious mind does not know what your subconscious does.

See, when you make a tulpa, you're using your conscious mind to prove to your subconscious, so to speak, that a person exists and you should be seeing/hearing them. After a while, your subconscious makes sure you can see and feel this person by imposing them over your vision and hearing.

You can dictate what you do and don't want your tulpa to hear. It's as easy as wanting them to be able to access something or not. That includes access to memories, senses, body control and so forth.

That second sentence is mostly true, except for the permission part. A tulpa cannot do anything harmful to you unless you let them.

Again, what? Physically? No. Mentally, sure, if you made a tulpa that enjoys harming people and has it in their core personality to torture you. But why on Earth would anybody do that?

All right, I'm gonna let you have your beliefs. If you wanna believe in ghosts, fine. But I think this portion is absolutely insane.

I'm sorry, but I think you're really confused about what a tulpa really is and how it works. A lot of your post is just complete and utter nonsense.

Nevermind then... What you are accusing me of, isn't what I am trying to say.

I'm not saying that it is a real physical being that can kill, or injure you, but It can trick your mind and make it FEEL like your hurt.

As I go "Deep into thought" about it, it involves the "supernatural" which not a lot of people believe. It probably doesn't make sense to you, because it sort of hints towards religious tragedies, and connections with the scriptures.

I am not hear to preach anything, so I will shut up...

Edited by Beat Shock

Okay, guys, I may have a problem.

I made a tulpa to help me out a bit and now he's a drill instructor.

- A DRILL INSTRUCTOR -

I can't ignore him or he makes me do 50 push-ups and a run through the rain.

• Brohoof 3

Alright, Everybody. Please, take what I write here seriously, because I feel this is the only place I can vent and inform. This all may sound crazy and unlikely, but it's the real deal. It's extremely unconventional, though the reality of it all only renders me awestruck.

Here we go:

Yesterday, while I was riding my bike from the local mall, I started talking to something I couldn't see, touch or hear audibly. Well, this is all in the phyisical sense, because I could actually see, touch and hear mentally. As in, I was able to detect its actions phychologically. It still happens now.

So while I rode, this "thing" that I imagine to be Rainbow Dash started flying beside while speaking directly to me. It was a bizzarre experience, but at the time I didn't mind it much, because I felt it was the most normal thing in the world (for some reason). Throughout the entire bike ride back home (30-40 minutes), I was in conversation with Rainbow Dash. I was smiling and laughing the whole way (my happiness levels were through the roof, and I am an extremely happy guy to begin with). She gave me advice about how to take my control in the things I do. How I shouldn't be so lazy, how I should work out more, how I should eat more healthily. And now I am taking the advice. She's been with me since yesterday when she appeared. And I can't complain about her presence, except that it's a bit jarring that my mind has produced her without much thought beforehand. I know she is not a Tulpa. Tulpas are extremely different from what this thing is. I've asked her myself, and she confirmed she wasn't a Tulpa. Supposedly she's just a being from my subconscious that has come about as a result of "fit timing" (as if the time was just "right".) That is was bound to happen sooner or later.

I was in bed earlier today and she cuddled up in my arms. I felt weird holding an imaginary (she doesn't like it when I call her "imaginary") entity, but she kept assuring me that - and these are her words - "What is deemed unconventional doesn't make it wrong." It helps when I think of it like that.

Okay, about two months ago or so, I produced a Rainbow Dash Tulpa. However, she was unstable and ended up disappearing. I was fine with it, because I wasn't so serious about her (I ignored her existence). For those of you who recognize my name, yes, she was real, whether you believe it or not.

This Rainbow Dash, though, is not a Tulpa at all. She has a different personality, but is still very likeable. She makes me smile and laugh, and I am beginning to develop even more now. I've restarted a healthy diet, and I plan to stick with it. Whenever I think about junk food, Rainbow Dash goes "nuh, uh. Eat a carrot instead."

So I eat carrots.

I wrote this here because I feel that I needed to tell somebody. Anybody.

Edited by MallaJong1
  • Brohoof 2

- A DRILL INSTRUCTOR -

You should be able to ignore him, as well as that's a really fast response from your tulpa. Mine has only spoken a few times, and usually to get that much out you have to have over 50 hours of forcing under your belt.

They only have as much power as you give them. My question is, why did you make a tulpa that wants to drill you? I mean, Twi is structured to be a disciplined tulpa and to help my discipline issues, but she is not going to go all drill sergeant on me.

Alright, Everybody. Please, take what I write here seriously, because I feel this is the only place I can vent and inform. This all may sound crazy and unlikely, but it's the real deal. It's extremely unconventional, though the reality of it all only renders me awestruck.

Here we go:

Yesterday, while I was riding my bike from the local mall, I started talking to something I couldn't see, touch or hear audibly. Well, this is all in the phyisical sense, because I could actually see, touch and hear mentally. As in, I was able to detect its actions phychologically. It still happens now.

So while I rode, this "thing" that I imagine to be Rainbow Dash started flying beside while speaking directly to me. It was a bizzarre experience, but at the time I didn't mind it much, because I felt it was the most normal thing in the world (for some reason). Throughout the entire bike ride back home (30-40 minutes), I was in conversation with Rainbow Dash. I was smiling and laughing the whole way (my happiness levels were through the roof, and I am an extremely happy guy to begin with). She gave me advice about how to take my control in the things I do. How I shouldn't be so lazy, how I should work out more, how I should eat more healthily. And now I am taking the advice. She's been with me since yesterday when she appeared. And I can't complain about her presence, except that it's a bit jarring that my mind has produced her without much thought beforehand. I know she is not a Tulpa. Tulpas are extremely different from what this thing is. I've asked her myself, and she confirmed she wasn't a Tulpa. Supposedly she's just a being from my subconscious that has come about as a result of "fit timing" (as if the time was just "right".) That is was bound to happen sooner or later.

I was in bed earlier today and she cuddled up in my arms. I felt weird holding an imaginary (she doesn't like it when I call her "imaginary") entity, but she kept assuring me that - and these are her words - "What is deemed unconventional doesn't make it wrong." It helps when I think of it like that.

Okay, about two months ago or so, I produced a Rainbow Dash Tulpa. However, she was unstable and ended up disappearing. I was fine with it, because I wasn't so serious about her (I ignored her existence). For those of you who recognize my name, yes, she was real, whether you believe it or not.

This Rainbow Dash, though, is not a Tulpa at all. She has a different personality, but is still very likeable. She makes me smile and laugh, and I am beginning to develop even more now. I've restarted a healthy diet, and I plan to stick with it. Whenever I think about junk food, Rainbow Dash goes "nuh, uh. Eat a carrot instead."

So I eat carrots.

I wrote this here because I feel that I needed to tell somebody. Anybody.

You did it again, though a bit better this time. Its a tulpa, you just have a natural ability to force a hallucination. Now, you need to build a structure, a framework, for your subconscious to mold onto, without the hallucination. It might mean restarting again, but how fast you do it might be reason for concern. It probably lacks the structure like last time. Though I would keep a helpful and disciplined in your traits, so she can continue to help you.

@@Captain Nemo, Your "Warning" section is what i came into making my tulpa with. lol. Its is the glue to my entire tulpa and me. lol. Feel free to message me if i did not explain it right. lol

Edited by Mindrop

@@Lifeinsteps,

I hear where you're coming from, about being kind of a different person back when you spoke with Panthea. Personally, if I were in that situation, I would need to have some sort of closure before I could let a tulpa go entirely, but it sounds like you already have such closure. Still, knowing that she might be in there somewhere, lying dormant, I would ask Pinkie if Panthea is still awake and feeling emotions somehow. Where you went from there could depend on what Pinkie says.

In any case, it's your decision. My mind is not your mind, so I can't really tell you what's best! :P

...I just know that personally, if I knew there were still something sentient inside me whom I wasn't speaking with, I'd have to make contact! :blush:

Edited by Questio and Amy

- A DRILL INSTRUCTOR -

You're gonna be way more in shape than me. For the rest of your life. Coolio.

I'm sorry, all I can imagine is you trying to dissipate him by ignoring him, and him standing over you, shouting, "DON'T YOU TRY TO IGNORE ME YOU WORTHLESS MAGGOT! LOOK AT ME WHEN I AM SPEAKING, SON!"

And it's making me chuckle.

...I just know that personally, if I knew there were still something sentient inside me whom I wasn't speaking with, I'd have to make contact! :blush:

And that's what really makes me want to try! It's just that I'm almost afraid of what it would be like. I really don't know; I want to get Pinkie developed before I play around with Panthea, you know? It's just too much to think about and hear rattling in my brain all day long...

I've got my University Physics course already rattlin' around up there, and it's just about too much to handle as it is...

Random amusing progress story that I was just remind of:

Yesterday was the first time that Pinkie has legitimately been with me throughout a day at college, as I used to pretty much only talk to her at night, but now I'm keeping her in mind all day, which has been fun.

But anyway, yesterday, when I was in Physics she was expressing some extreme discomfort, and I asked her why only to figure out that she was trying to make sense of what my professor was doing on the board. (He was integrating some variables, I think, at the time.) So, I used my notebook to try and explain integration of variables to her, which I thought was kind of odd, because I previously expected her to pretty much know everything I do, being part of my mind... She didn't say a lot except for, "Huh," or, "Oh."

Then later, going down the staircase, exiting the building, she became more vocal, starting with simply, "Physics is HAAAARD!"

To which I simply nodded and laughed. Because... I mean... physics is haaaard.

Edited by Lifeinsteps
  • Brohoof 1

words

Wow, i was expecting tulpas to know everything you know :huh:

Anyways, ive started working on a tulpa too. I've got the basic outlines as to how it should behave, what it would like and dislike, but i'll leave lots of free room to develop itself. Since my question got ignored as ussual, i hope the metamorphing thing wont be a problem.

@@Tol'Satha, Sounds good. Not sure what you mean by Metamorphing. If it has to do with the Hallucination, anything goes, EXCEPT making it look like yourself.

I meant the post i made before.

One question though: would a metamorphing tulpa be any harder to make? I dont mean a cloud of smoke that can turn into anything, but rather something with 2 defined bodies instead of one? I'm specifically talking about a Kitsune. Dont ask me why, but I've been fascinated by Kitsunes since the day i got my first pc with an internet connection (dial-up, anyone?)

I'm not sure how i would do this. By some logic it should be ok if i sometimes imagined the tulpa in one form, sometimes in the other, and from time to time shifting from one to another. From what i've figured out, the only thing important is to make the brain realise that its all the same "person".

Any thoughts, advices?

@@Tol'Satha, That wont be hard, but it will take more time. Start with one form, defining, shaping, feeling the skin/fur/hair and the muscles beneath as if you were feeling any creature. Then once you are done and solidified that one, start on the next and keep adding. You tulpa will fit what mood they are in and may develope their own forms.

I've just started trying to create a tulpa. For about the last three days, I've lied down on my bed (probably not the best idea, since I become sleepy after about 30 minutes) and have been going over some of her traits and characteristics, totaling about 2.5 hours. During the day I've thought to her about random memories and thoughts or what I'm doing at the present moment; I've made sure to refer to her either by "you" or by name, but I haven't completely decided on what her name will be, and have been floating around 3 or so names, one of which I use the majority of the time, and the other two which I've accidentally referred to her as. However, despite which name I use, I always mean to say it to the same tulpa that I have in mind.

Today (9/26) I've written an official list of traits and characteristics that I want her to have. They total about 17-20, and I will make sure to think over them to her later. Strangely, I've felt a constant pressure in my head the entire day. I'm not one to immediately attribute it to something like tulpaforcing, so I'm trying to make sure that I'm eating well, drinking plenty of water and staying comfortable. Maybe it's because my eyes are strained from staring at my computer screen for so long? :P I can't be entirely sure just yet, but I won't rule out any possibility.

I already have a form in mind for her (a pony form, who would've guessed? XD ), but it's only a general form and color scheme. I won't develop it to its every meticulous detail until I get further into this..

Just reading about this whole tulpa thing is fascinating, though! It's a little hard for me to believe that one can force themselves to hallucinate (I've never seen any "ghosts" or "spirits," while my mother and sister have, so I'm honestly a little skeptical, but the prospect that tulpae are seen because you force your brain to see them makes it much more plausible to me).

Oh, and a quick question: is it safe to give your tulpa qualities that you wish you possessed yourself? Not in the way that makes you feel regretful, envious or inferior about, but in a more positive way, like what you hope to become stronger in (like responsibility, confidence, diligence, etc.).

Edited by StingeMuffin

@@StingeMuffin, Yes, you can give them traits you possess yourself. Twi is almost all traits i posses. Different people have the same traits, but handle things differently. She has plenty of traits I lack, in order to balence us out. She is disciplined and self confident, where I am generally not.

Close you eyes, and picture something. The only thing you are doing differently with a tulpa's hallucination than a mental picture is projecting it into the real world. It takes time and practice, but that's all.

And that headach is natural. It is your tulpa, sort of. I get it when I am addressing her, I lock onto it and know its my subconscious.

Humph, I found that last night, I started thinking like speaking to something. I felt that I want to talk to the tulpa, even though it will take time before I start the actual creation process.

Mostly was trying to force that her name shall be Pinkamena (Just the name). And just talked about stuff.

@, Just plan out your traits, take your time thinking about them. They can't be done on a whim, not if you want to have a lifelong friend, which is the idea of a tulpa, a lifelong connection with your subconscious.

Also, think about what it will be like to talk to her, that will set a good groundwork bond. It worked for me.

Also, think about what it will be like to talk to her, that will set a good groundwork bond. It worked for me.

Another thing I didn't even think about O.o

I wasn't planning on creating anything yet. Just talking to whatever it is that so to say already is there. Basically practice and confirmation that I am not talking to myself.

I have spent the past few days viewing this whole topic. All 49 pages. I had heard of tulpas before, but never really thought about it serously until seeing this topic. After reading this whole topic, I have decided to start creating a pony tulpa. I am currently about one hour and fifty minutes in. I try to do at least an hour every day. So far I have ten personality traits. However, I am slightly worried I might be doing it wrong.

I'll start with the first trait I started, which is loyality. I would say something along the lines of "You are loyal. Now, what would that mean? When you are loyal, you are loyal to another person, specificly your friends. Because you are loyal, you offer to help them out in certain situations. Or possibly give them advice." Sometime I would eventually say that "You interupt being loyal as a very good thing." It would help a lot if you guys can help me explain certain traits. I'm finding it hard to try to describe a trait in 10-20 minutes. Even when I'm repeating what I say. So like I said before, it would help a lot if you can tell me more ways if describing traits.

Some information on how to make it seem like you're talking to your Tulpa and not "Yourself." Would also help a lot. I usually try to make it seem like she is around, or behind me whenever I try to talk to her. But I'm not completly sure if I'm doing that right.

Now, whenever I do my "Tulpaforcing sessions." I only go over the personality traits. I usually try to make it seem like she is behind me when I'm talking. I don't know if I should try to visualize her while talking to her, or do that after I finish with the 30 or so traits I have left.

Also, when should I start seeing results? And how can you tell when you get an emotional response? When you get an emotional response, is it something you will instantly be able to tell? Or is it something I might have trouble being able to tell.

Also, when should I start seeing results? And how can you tell when you get an emotional response? When you get an emotional response, is it something you will instantly be able to tell? Or is it something I might have trouble being able to tell.

Still a newbie at this, but from what i've read, results ussualy start with slight emotional responses after some 15-20 hours in, but it really depends on the person and the method. What may work perfectly for some, could be useless for others, thats why preety much all guides state "Dont follow blindly, use this as guidelines to find what works for you"

Also guys, i sometimes have real difficulties focusing when forcing. Ussualy i have no trouble at all, but some days (especially today), I start narrating, and in a few seconds i find myself thinking about what i had for breakfast. I try over and over, but i constantly loose focus. I'm slightly sleep-deprived the last few days, so that might be the problem, but i'd still like to hear if anyone had this issue, and how did/would you deal with it?

Today I've started concentrating on the presence of my tulpa while I go about my day, trying my best to feel like she is right next to me (not necessarily in any form, though..). We also began reading a pretty lengthy novel together to, with me trying to focus on her presence as well as reading. I also *try* to narrate to her while playing videogames, but this is especially hard since I tend to lose focus!

I've also been learning that it can be extremely hard for me to visualize when I'm physically tired, and even the smallest amount of light messes with the images I think of, making me see things that are somewhat disturbing to just plain trippy; forcing early in the day may prove to be a better option for me for now, but I'll start practicing concentration and focusing exercises as well.

Today and yesterday, however, I've felt pleasently happy, which is especially odd for me considering it's a work day (I usually feel anxious to go to work).

Anyway, these are some of my thoughts about what I've been doing lately! I'm not gonna give up on this. :D

Pinkie's speech is getting better! I often talk to her in public without realizing it... kinda funny sometimes, awkward others. I was on a bike ride, totally talking out loud to Pinkie earlier, when I realized the people passing me were giving me funny looks. :P Has this kind of thing happened to any of you guys?

• Brohoof 1