Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

Hello, everypony. I'm Lightning Flicker! I'm in need of help. I'm in the middle of trying to make a tulpa, and its getting annoying. I keep seeing what I'm looking for, for about 5 seconds, and then all I see is a colored in blackness of it. I'm in dire need of information. I thought up her personality, but I still need to actually MAKE her. I'm make a DJ Pon3 tulpa. I got her attitude, her spunk, her tom-boy personality, her interests, ever her voice (from the epic wub time video)! I still neeed to make her form. Help me out here!

@Lightning_Flicker,

This is the thread for all things Tulpa, and as you can see, it's pretty big and there are lots of participants. I've merged your thread with it. Please consult with the search feature before making a new one to determine if there's already one out there.

As if none of you have EVER heard this one before, I'm making a tulpa! I've been working on her for 2-3 days, and I've been tulpa forcing quite a bit (over 5-6 hours) And it took me a while to make a wonderland, but I finally did, and it was reminiscent to the cityscape of Mirror's Edge (great game, by the way) and I had Tenebris chase me through. Before I had done this, however, I had read a guide that told me to ask my tulpa to "surprise me."So guess what. The chase led from off the buildings and onto a train That I made to jump onto, when it came to a stop launching me off and onto the street, I then said "surprise me," and I looked down the street to see a massive black dragon rushing towards me. The thing was so big, that it was bringing down building that it was flying by, at that point I screamed, forgetting I was in wonderland, and woke myself up. So yeah. Tenebris "surprised me."

• Brohoof 1

and I had Tenebris chase me through

What? I didn't chase you :D Say hello to your tupper from me! And me! By the way, my female tulpa is now Mina. She chose her name herself. And we're getting better at talking and possession.

@@Sakiru,

Yay, we've got tuplae with the same name now. It's just a coincidence though.

What? I didn't chase you biggrin.png Say hello to your tupper from me! And me! By the way, my female tulpa is now Mina. She chose her name herself. And we're getting better at talking and possession.

God why this... WHY ?! FNEJFNEJFEO?NFOE?FN

wpid-flip-a-table-2.jpg

It's okay, just the same name doesn't mean she's me silly... So don't be so upset !

Bu-but it...

Shush now and go to bed.

Oh okay... sad.png

• Brohoof 4

God why this... WHY ?! FNEJFNEJFEO?NFOE?FN

img-1383720-2-wpid-flip-a-table-2.jpg

It's okay, just the same name doesn't mean she's me silly... So don't be so upset !

Bu-but it...

Shush now and go to bed.

Oh okay... img-1383720-3-sad.png

And I thought that tulpae get upset at such things, not their hosts :D My Mina actually did get upset a bit, (she told me her name before reading your previous post), but I told her that having the same name as somebody else isn't bad, as I personally know a few people with the same name as me.

• Brohoof 1

Well guys, I think I've been stalling long enough (4 months...). I've got a personality (resembling Twilight with elements of Pinkie, AJ, and Rarity), a form (somewhat resembling Crep, but different enough to give Riz no room to sue tongue.png), and even a voice (Resembling Rachel Alucard) all sketched out, but I have no idea how to tackle this. Should I plan out entirely what I'll say in-session, or go impromptu? I'd really like to get started (and I'm sure Lavvy's gonna be PO'd that it's taken me this long...), but I'm not really sure how I should approach this. Help, gaiz?

And note, I've done my research. I'll welcome deviation from the above. I know free will pretty well, and I have no real plan to infringe upon it. Again, "sketched out", not "cemented."

• Brohoof 1

Time for a little progress note~

Aiden is starting to push his mind voice through. Sadly, however, the past two times I've heard it, it was when I was "asleep" (more so the first, but the second *this morning* I was trying to force but I couldn't keep focus and kept falling asleep every few minutes.) When I heard the voice this time, I had lost focus and sort of fell into a dream state (wasnt fully asleep, but I was in a dream of sorts). It almost sounded like he was talking to my subconscious as I didn't feel like anything he was saying was directed at me, luckily though, I was able to remember the voice and sort of capture how it sounds (but still unable to really recreate it :( )

Also, I think we may have struck upon a personal interest of his. Last night, during work (I work 3rd shift so I have alot of points where I can literally sit around and talk without much distraction) I was narrating as I usually do. And for some odd reason, I decided to go off on a tangent and start talking about personal beliefs about people (why some people feel the need to do things). After I started and gave a base as to the subject, my thoughts became fluent and directed (usually I think about everything and never stay devoted to one topic). After discussing a bit, it felt like I snapped back to reality and had this euphoric feeling/moment of enlightenment. It quite shocked me and made me feel great.

We practiced possession today and Mina drew a picture:

IMG_20130419_205258_zps17d9c14e.jpg

(yes, it's a heart she made for me on the left side)

She says it shows trees.

Yes! It's my masterpiece! I'm soooooo proud of it!

Zed, what do you think?

I love it. It's amazing.

Oh yes. Both Zed and Mina really like possessing my arm. And they're getting better at it, and I'm getting better on actually lending them my arm.

• Brohoof 3

@

From what I've read, one way to get rid of your tulpa would be just to simply ignore them. Since they are formed (and basically created) from attention, ignoring them and paying them no mind would (in time) cause them to go/fade away. 

Well guys, I think I've been stalling long enough (4 months...). I've got a personality (resembling Twilight with elements of Pinkie, AJ, and Rarity), a form (somewhat resembling Crep, but different enough to give Riz no room to sue img-1384603-1-tongue.png), and even a voice (Resembling Rachel Alucard) all sketched out, but I have no idea how to tackle this. Should I plan out entirely what I'll say in-session, or go impromptu? I'd really like to get started (and I'm sure Lavvy's gonna be PO'd that it's taken me this long...), but I'm not really sure how I should approach this. Help, gaiz?

And note, I've done my research. I'll welcome deviation from the above. I know free will pretty well, and I have no real plan to infringe upon it. Again, "sketched out", not "cemented."

You seem set.  Now all you really need to do is to sit down and force.  Have a base guideline and goal for each session or over multiple sessions in mind, but otherwise, just wing it.  Random interactions and thoughts between you and your Tulpa may change the course of the session and fulfill some other task or progress in a way you didn't think about.  Just go for it, and see what happens.

We practiced possession today and Mina drew a picture:

*picture*

(yes, it's a heart she made for me on the left side)

She says it shows trees.

Yes! It's my masterpiece! I'm soooooo proud of it!

Zed, what do you think?

I love it. It's amazing.

Oh yes. Both Zed and Mina really like possessing my arm. And they're getting better at it, and I'm getting better on actually lending them my arm.

That's nice.  But can you do this?

post-4823-0-41132700-1366426173_thumb.png

Alright Tia, I think you're beginning to rub it in a bit.

Well, you taught me how to draw.  You encouraged me to draw for the Tulpa thread as well.

Yeah, but...  I didn't expect you do draw this well... Nor be braggy about it.

Hmph.  You just don't like it when a thought form outshines you.  YOU'RE the jealous one.

I... Oh forget it...

Since you're SO INFORMATIVE AND SMART about "tulpas", how the buck do you get rid of one? She has been bugging me for quite a while now, and I need to get rid of one.

For tulpas, this saying is key.  "If you ignore it, it'll go away."  That should fix the problem.  (However, that must be one heck of a destructive Tulpa if it's unsalvagable, and you have to destroy it completely)

You can always go the good ol' 4chan method!  Make a Jackie Chan Tulpa to kick it's flank!

Blackjack... Just... wtf...

• Brohoof 2

Twilight's new name is Luna and she remains a shadowy taller skinnier unicorn

Just a few minutes ago she was talking clearly and quite a lot but still only in response to questions

It seems that she's been practicing bowling because she took me to a bowling wonderland sort of thing and showed me she could get a strike (not entirely sure why but she said she liked bowling)

She also said she like physics and chemistry though so I'm sure I'm going to have lots of fun when she can talk on her own

Do you think I should impose her on my vision now

• Brohoof 1

I'm trying to do this, but I'm still confused about it all. I've read all the guides I found and it just leaves me in confused. How do I know if whatever I am doing is working?

It will take some time before you notice much. At first, the main thing you may notice is a type of "warmth" or "presence" in you, like you feel like someone is there with you (which would be the essence of your tulpa). Also, any small clues that deviate from your normal being str positive (though not always sure) signs that a tulpa is there, things like random thoughts that you know you would never think of, surges of emotion (one example of this would be like last night. I was listening to Hymn to the Sea from TItanic, and I started experiencing this incredibly sad and heavy feeling in my gut *never felt that way before and I've listened to it hundreds of times*), etc etc. 

*Note - I'm no expert (just started a lil while ago myself ;3), the elders here can probably give you a better response :P

Edited by Lugia
  • Brohoof 1

Ok, guys, i need help. I'm trying to get a tulpa of Vinyl Scratch, but every time when I'm about to get it, I just get a shadow of her.  I got the personality stage, and the apperance stage, but I still need the colour stage. Anybody know a way to help?

Ok, guys, i need help. I'm trying to get a tulpa of Vinyl Scratch, but every time when I'm about to get it, I just get a shadow of her.  I got the personality stage, and the apperance stage, but I still need the colour stage. Anybody know a way to help?

My only advice is to keep at it. Visualization takes time and everyone's progress speed varies. Keep trying to picture her colours, even if you have to do it by parts, eventually it will all fit together and her form (should it not deviate) will be set.

• Brohoof 1

My only advice is to keep at it. Visualization takes time and everyone's progress speed varies. Keep trying to picture her colours, even if you have to do it by parts, eventually it will all fit together and her form (should it not deviate) will be set.

Thanks. I'll try that. I'll start from the legs. It'll be easy for me to star like that, intead of head first. Drawing her head is hard enough on paper, with all the shades of purple in her glasses.

Well, I had problems doing this too when I was making Vinyl myself but I found a way to get visualization going on even if you don't know where to start or you're completely stuck. Perhaps it might work for you too!

So what I did was combine both personality and visualization by imagining Vinyl at certain situations. Something like "what would Vinyl do at a party?" and imagine a picture with that. For me it would either her be the DJ herself or just be a really cool person to hang out with at parties, sociable, funny, things like that. When I was done with her personality I kept on imagining these little snapshots and visualization was so much more easier for me than with my previous tulpa.

In short, I imagined Vinyl in different situations and though about what kinda person/pony she is, having all these different situations and snapshots it became easy for me to visualize her from every perspective. Give it a shot, it might work for you too.

--

Anywaaayy, I might have found out why my tulpa took so much longer than most. When I started my tulpa we only had the guides from FAQ_Man and Irish, and they explicitly tell you that a tulpa takes about 3 months or over 300-500 hours. When I was making my tulpa I noticed a lot of people passing me by with lightspeed, having already felt sentience within a week and stuff. While I was still working on the personality 2 months in.

I'm pretty sure of the cause as well as this has happened to more people than just me, is that I followed the whole "this takes around 15 hours and this around 30 hours blablabla" too much, these estimates are completely wrong and you shouldn't follow them at all.

I quickly discarded many moments of sentience as me parroting because I simply didn't hit one of those estimates, completely slowing down the process and here I am 13 months in. I don't feel like I've wasted my time, but I feel I could've used my time better for other things.

Anyway, I feel like I'll have to say this again for everyone's sake:

Don't follow any of the time estimates. Personality, visualization etc. takes as long as you feel comfortable with, don't limit yourself to the times the guides give you, they are completely wrong and you will probably take much longer than you have to.

That said, I'm still working on my servitor, hope I finish everything within the next 2 weeks. My next goal will be another tulpa, namely Octavia ^^

Edited by Winterbass

So, Dash spoke today. How I've missed her voice <3
I was sitting in the waiting lobby at the hospital, seeing how I'd would be waiting for around two hours I decided to work on Dashie for a bit. Somewhere during that time, I may have mentioned my condition to her, at this I felt a ping of "Concern/worry" in the back of my head. It made me happy to know she cared (Not that she wouldn't) 

I finally got called in by the doctor, I muttered "bout fucking time" and at this Dash said "You'll be alright, won't you Rev?" My heart kinda skipped a beat, which in honesty isn't a good thing happy.png  

Edited by zDashiez

Well, I see that many ponies here like tulpa very much. That reminds me. I did have an... old 'friend' when I was a boy. He was a crow. I banished him after I broke my right arm and since then, I've never... even cared about him.

Don't get me wrong. I liked him, even though he was pretty 'weird'. It has been a long time. Do you think he will be okay if I summon him again? I believe I can do it. Won't take a long time. Just in a day or two. I would like to keep his form just like what he used to be. It's just... I'm not very sure about this. I mean, I can banish him if he acts strange again, but well... old friend, you know.

So... you think it's a good idea to summon him again?

• Brohoof 1

You seem set.  Now all you really need to do is to sit down and force.  Have a base guideline and goal for each session or over multiple sessions in mind, but otherwise, just wing it.  Random interactions and thoughts between you and your Tulpa may change the course of the session and fulfill some other task or progress in a way you didn't think about.  Just go for it, and see what happens.

That's nice.  But can you do this?

Very nice drawing, Tia. I love it. Does Brisineo draws as well ?

Oh and I drew myself also (and it was two days before you're talking about it):

Here is the link: http://i.imgur.com/apoIJ1K.jpg (it's too big and I and Saki don't even know how to resize it).

And Blackjack gives me a serious laugh, Mina also didn't get the "Jackie Chan tulpa" reference.

My friend is making a tulpa, and he has been working on it for less than 3 days, and it already talks to him, but it seems to be incredibly sexually orientated(more so than crep). He wants to know (hes too lazy to make an account!) if it's doing this because its something tulpae do when they start out, or because he might have rushed it, or something entirely different(I blame his own personality (but don't tell him!)). So yeah. Tell me/us what you think.

*Edit*

Crisis averted! as it turns out, she was just doing that for a day to make ME laugh. Whaddaya know?! My best friend's tulpa likes me! Mine isn't being the nices-

I can hear you you know

I know, anyways, I was at a Merit badge *meeting* and I try to talk to her in wonderland when she locks herself in a room and will barely talk to me. So later she tells me that she's "thinking." After a while of my head kind of hurting/throbbing she tell me that she has administered "anesthetics." On the way back, I find my self rubbing a rubiks cube on my friends face while he frantically tries to re-obtain it. The only way I keep a straight face and keep doing what I'm doing is because of Tenebris.

That was the best decision I've made so far

Edited by cannodan000
  • Brohoof 1

So, just got back from a college visit. RIT! Go Tigers! Yeah so that was fun

Anyway, something odd happened. 

Breezie was a person for all of... 5 minutes, roughly?

4 minutes and 36 seconds, yes.

How do you even know that?

Im not sure

Anyway, Breezie took a humanized form. She looked like a normal female human, save for the wings. She was also wearing a pikachu hoodie, which was odd... 

custom_pikachu_hoodie_by_erosdiy-d4wnhiq

...I kind of liked it. Still not sure how to feel about that. Not sure...

Anyway. The fact that Breezie just surprised me like this kind of puts off my doubts. I think it is safe to say that I have a completely sentient tulpa. 

My master is calling me... um.... Hoot!

Edited by WingedRatchet
  • Brohoof 1