Tulpa Discussion Thread V1.2

Rizoel & Crepuscule

What's up, everypony? I haven't posted here in a while, but I've got some updates in my adventures of tulpamancery. Both some good news and some bad news. First, the bad news: I think Dashie is gone. Ever since the start of the semester I've had no time to tulpaforce, and even passive forcing/mental narration became hard to balance with a demanding academic schedule. Because she was the product of mostly passive narration, I don't think she was "cemented" enough and she began to slip away. She slowly began to fade (and that feeling of double emotionality has faded), and now I can't seem to conjure her anymore. There's only that feeling of emptiness. Now that I think about it, it really hurts. :( I feel guilty for letting her go like this. At least I think it was peaceful. If there's still a part of you in me Dashie, mark my words, we will reunite again someday. Hopefully sooner than later. Hopefully before Airventure. The good news: I've begun working on another tulpa, and this time I'm doing it right (I wrote out a full personality description, it's in the second spoiler below). And it's a tulpa of a character I haven't seen anyone here do yet: Scootaloo. Why Scootaloo? She's always been one of my favorite ponies, and is the best CMC in my opinion. She resonates with me a lot. Her dreams of being a thrill-seeker parallel my dreams of becoming an aerobatic pilot once I get my pilot's license. I've always thought that if she were somehow brought to Earth that she would probably be a really big fan of aviation. Not to mention, we're both blank-flanks. Other than aviation I really don't know much about who I am, I don't really have a sense of identity. I'd like to think we can both discover our metaphorical Cutie Marks together (well, probably will eventually be more than metaphorical for her). And when I saw this picture, I decided that I finally had to make a Scootaloo tulpa:

img-1145592-1-scootaplane_by_txlegionnai

On top of that, for the longest time (especially thanks to MLD), I've been toying with the idea of having a tulpa that I have to act as the guardian of. A tulpa where they're still young in their development, and there's a lot for them to learn even after they develop. The relationship I'd like to have with her is something along the lines of big brother - little sister. She's pretty independent, but at the same time she looks up to me for safety and guidance. At the same time she helps me get through life, while we both continue to learn about life and the world around us. I'd like to hope that we'd end up something like in that picture. She's my little copilot, helping me stay motivated in flight school and an eventual career in aviation, wherever it might take us. We'd learn to fly as a team. Well...thoughts? Trait list and OCEAN plot:

Personality Traits- Kind- Brave- Adventurous- Passionate- Optimistic- Helpful- Curious- Chilled Out- Has a wanderlust- Driven- Loyal- Open-minded- Laid-back- Loves aviation- Intelligent- Expressive- Observant- Quick on the draw- Cheerful/happy- Funny- Sociable- Thoughtful- Dreamer- Even-tempered- Excited Openness - 80%Conscienteiousness - 50%Extrversion - 60%Agreeableness - 70%Neuroticism - 10% Overall description: Laid-back and likes to be happy and have a good time, yet at the same time being driven, while still keeping this cool attitude while under pressure.

Sorry if this post seems a bit scatterbrained. It's 3:00 in the morning, I drank a couple of Mio Energies to help me power through a paper a few hours ago, and now my mind is in that tired-yet-hyper state and it's hard to think straight. :P

First off, dashie is still there, as you can never loose your subconscious! All you have lost was the base frame for you subconscious To bind to. That frame is built with personality, etc.

Second, I am glad you started again! I know what its like to juggle heavy academics, work a tulpa and extra curricular activities! I do a lot of work on the go, seeing her and quick comments. Good luck, you can do it!

Twi: Shayne's been ignoring me for years, or rather, talking/thinking, but not knowing it was me. He he he, I don't go away!

Yep, my who thought pattern has been structured around Twi for years, although I did not know it. Twi came about from my thought structure! I bounce so much around my head, something was bound to answer!

so i just happened upon this thread today and asked my friend who majored in mental health and he is saying that this is a form of deep psychological problems that may stem from abandonment and and deep emotional trauma. I said my tulpa is going to hate doctors who are close-minded. He then refferred me to an insane asylum.

Lol, that's funny. Mainstreamers. Although, his analisis about abandonment and emotional trauma is true. The one problem is, this is not considered a "proppetr" way to mask (aka: deal with) those emotions. Drugs, sex, smoking, alcohol and adult cartoons, etc are ways to deal with it, not a show for little girls or tulpa's.

Mental stability only stems from a constructed idea of a norm that should be followed, really nothing else (we can talk about nueron balance later).

BTW: I am an anthropology major, one of my classes has been flirting around the edges of deep discussion into breaking norms.

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 4

img-5871-1-img-5871-1-img-5871-1-shadow_

Tulpas: TwiReales, & Orson.

I say use whatever you want, but remember to keep control of the wonderland, if you use one, I had to literally nuke it to repair it

Speaking of, and this may be a bit late, but some good wonderland reforming music apparently is "drone" music. Kind of opened up a whole new realm by accident.  I've also had trouble maintaining my original wonderland while listening to it, so be warned...

This one is a nice 7 minute adventure of a lot of strange visuals...  Kind of terrifying though at some parts...  But if you imagine that last rise at the end carrying you back to your original wonderland, it's quite harmless.

Lol Rizoel, just noticed the new Sig. Me like!

Well, hopefully I will get some hard, true...

Twi: you will get something hard. He he he.

*ignores* some hard, true, visualizations today, before bed, after school. I had to work the morning and afternoon shift at pizza hut, since its super bowl.

Oh, and I've been slowly remembering and seeing Twi more at school and work. She stood on a trash can watching me do prep, since the table was about here eye level. lol

Twi: it was kind of humiliating, but at least he remembered me more today.

BJ sits on the counter for me at work, Tia right behind.  I'm trying to get her to stop making fun of the customers.

So what?  It's not like they can hear me.

Well it sure makes a lazy eye more noticable, that's for sure...

All I said was that she looked like she was related to Derpy!  Geez, gimme a break!

I audibly heard Pinkie today, it was awesome! I was in the shower whistling the tune of Lon Lon Ranch (it's from Zelda: Ocarina of Time, for you heathens that do not know). I stopped after a couple minutes and heard a very faint whistling continuing where I left off. I asked Pinkie if that was her and she said, "It actually worked!?"

Hee hee, we were both so excited. She was so happy she jumped in the shower for a hug right then and there! :P Definitely can't wait until I can hear more. Such a great feeling.

That's awesome!  Good job!

My first time hearing Tia was a surprise too.  (And was of her singing)

What's up, everypony?

I haven't posted here in a while, but I've got some updates in my adventures of tulpamancery. Both some good news and some bad news.

First, the bad news: I think Dashie is gone. Ever since the start of the semester I've had no time to tulpaforce, and even passive forcing/mental narration became hard to balance with a demanding academic schedule. Because she was the product of mostly passive narration, I don't think she was "cemented" enough and she began to slip away. She slowly began to fade (and that feeling of double emotionality has faded), and now I can't seem to conjure her anymore. There's only that feeling of emptiness. Now that I think about it, it really hurts. :( I feel guilty for letting her go like this. At least I think it was peaceful.

If there's still a part of you in me Dashie, mark my words, we will reunite again someday. Hopefully sooner than later. Hopefully before Airventure.

The good news: I've begun working on another tulpa, and this time I'm doing it right (I wrote out a full personality description, it's in the second spoiler below). And it's a tulpa of a character I haven't seen anyone here do yet: Scootaloo.

Why Scootaloo? She's always been one of my favorite ponies, and is the best CMC in my opinion. She resonates with me a lot. Her dreams of being a thrill-seeker parallel my dreams of becoming an aerobatic pilot once I get my pilot's license. I've always thought that if she were somehow brought to Earth that she would probably be a really big fan of aviation.

Not to mention, we're both blank-flanks. Other than aviation I really don't know much about who I am, I don't really have a sense of identity. I'd like to think we can both discover our metaphorical Cutie Marks together (well, probably will eventually be more than metaphorical for her).

And when I saw this picture, I decided that I finally had to make a Scootaloo tulpa:

img-1145592-1-scootaplane_by_txlegionnai

On top of that, for the longest time (especially thanks to MLD), I've been toying with the idea of having a tulpa that I have to act as the guardian of. A tulpa where they're still young in their development, and there's a lot for them to learn even after they develop. The relationship I'd like to have with her is something along the lines of big brother - little sister. She's pretty independent, but at the same time she looks up to me for safety and guidance. At the same time she helps me get through life, while we both continue to learn about life and the world around us.

I'd like to hope that we'd end up something like in that picture. She's my little copilot, helping me stay motivated in flight school and an eventual career in aviation, wherever it might take us. We'd learn to fly as a team.

Well...thoughts?

Trait list and OCEAN plot:

Personality Traits

- Kind

- Brave

- Adventurous

- Passionate

- Optimistic

- Helpful

- Curious

- Chilled Out

- Has a wanderlust

- Driven

- Loyal

- Open-minded

- Laid-back

- Loves aviation

- Intelligent

- Expressive

- Observant

- Quick on the draw

- Cheerful/happy

- Funny

- Sociable

- Thoughtful

- Dreamer

- Even-tempered

- Excited

Openness - 80%

Conscienteiousness - 50%

Extrversion - 60%

Agreeableness - 70%

Neuroticism - 10%

Overall description: Laid-back and likes to be happy and have a good time, yet at the same time being driven, while still keeping this cool attitude while under pressure.

Sorry if this post seems a bit scatterbrained. It's 3:00 in the morning, I drank a couple of Mio Energies to help me power through a paper a few hours ago, and now my mind is in that tired-yet-hyper state and it's hard to think straight. :P

I'm sure that with diligence you can find or even recreate Dashie.  Good luck on Scoots.

so i just happened upon this thread today and asked my friend who majored in mental health and he is saying that this is a form of deep psychological problems that may stem from abandonment and and deep emotional trauma. I said my tulpa is going to hate doctors who are close-minded. He then refferred me to an insane asylum.

I'm afraid to say it, but I believe we're already insane.

Indeed, while we came in here saying we weren't, we have degraded.  Now we're all bonkers.  Lunatics.  Insane.  Off our rockers.

Then why aren't you telling Bris to murder somepony?

I could ask the same about you.

Wait, I don't want to hurt anyone!

*dons devil apparel* Listen to the voices in your head Bris!  Muahahaha!

*suddenly small and dressed as an angel*  No, don't!  You're in control!  You can fight it!

Shut up Sunbutt!  He listens to me! 

*engage in the millionth Tulpa brawl*

Guys... What the heck...

So anyways, in terms of progress, we've been exploring the deeper realms of subconscious together, and more recently, decided to take a break and relax.

*pops up, all scruffed up and dirty from the fight*  Yeah!  Cool thing about Bris' mind is that it's so visual, he built a home theatre in our wonderland to watch what he's thinking.

When I allow it of course...

So anyways, combine that with some good fanfiction and you get an awesome movie marathon to watch... Though I picked a sad one to read... And well... 

post-4823-0-56758200-1359997042_thumb.png

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 6

Speaking of, and this may be a bit late, but some good wonderland reforming music apparently is "drone" music. Kind of opened up a whole new realm by accident.  I've also had trouble maintaining my original wonderland while listening to it, so be warned...

This one is a nice 7 minute adventure of a lot of strange visuals...  Kind of terrifying though at some parts...  But if you imagine that last rise at the end carrying you back to your original wonderland, it's quite harmless.

BJ sits on the counter for me at work, Tia right behind.  I'm trying to get her to stop making fun of the customers.

All I said was that she looked like she was related to Derpy!  Geez, gimme a break!

I'm sure that with diligence you can find or even recreate Dashie.  Good luck on Scoots.

Indeed, while we came in here saying we weren't, we have degraded.  Now we're all bonkers.  Lunatics.  Insane.  Off our rockers.

*suddenly small and dressed as an angel*  No, don't!  You're in control!  You can fight it!

Guys... What the heck...

So anyways, in terms of progress, we've been exploring the deeper realms of subconscious together, and more recently, decided to take a break and relax.

*pops up, all scruffed up and dirty from the fight*  Yeah!  Cool thing about Bris' mind is that it's so visual, he built a home theatre in our wonderland to watch what he's thinking.

So anyways, combine that with some good fanfiction and you get an awesome movie marathon to watch... Though I picked a sad one to read... And well... 

Well, after all that, me response is

1: I am all over the place at work as a cook, no standing still for me! So no Twi just there.

2: As stated, I don't believe in sanity! I'm doing very little different remodeling Twi than I was doing before, if that makes me clynically insane, I care why? I keep the darkness locked away and avoid psychiatrists/councilors! Lol

3: Nice picture!

4: I force to that TSFH album, its changed nothing. Lol. I am insanely strong willed, and have been working on giving Twi some, er, license.

Twi: You could say that. He he he

I can be a control freak. Lol. I let her lead last night, it was, interesting.

Twi: And experience more like it! I know you liked it!

I can kill you, easily.

Twi: No, you can't. You know that. I am too much apart of you. You would be lost, bored and probably have committed suicide if not for me! Hey! That's the function of the subconscious! To prevent suicide!

*face hoof*

• Brohoof 5

I found stately dubstep (it does exist) and Andrea bocelli, and a mix helped me to recreate the wonderland (now trying to figure out why it has r34 oil paintings on the wall, also, Bris, if this painting is accurate, I am quite jealous!), which is now a stately Victorian mansion.

• Brohoof 2

Look to your battle gear and it will protect you

We guard it with our lives

Your armour is your soul, and your souls dedication it's armour

The soul of a warrior is the shield of humanity

Honour the craft of death

Only the Emperor is higher in our devotion

Honour the battlegear of the dead

We ask only to serve

Millie: "Aaaaaaaaaaaarrrgh! :angry: "
Millie just tried playing computer games...
Millie: "Don't make fun of me! This is serious!"
okay ._.
Millie: "They cheated and you know it! They bribed him! Here is the proof:"

Millie: "He didn't count me one round!"
... actually it is true. There are often glitches in this ga...
Millie: " *sarcastic voice* "Huch, Was is passiert?" *mlp royal voice* I'll beat him up  :angry:  <bleep>ing Hunter!"
This glitch appeared for the first time...
Millie: "Of course while I was playing..."
But you helped me to find a new one for the contest... and even recorded it for me :)
Millie: "b-but it wasn't meant to be glitch video... it had to be video of me being the best player in the minigame... I wasn't able to repeat it afterwards :("
Lisa: "It's just a game Millie."
Millie: "You... okay... I'm calm... I'm calm..."
... so
Millie: " *sarcastic voice* "Huch, Was is passiert?" ..."
._. here it goes again
  • Brohoof 3

I found stately dubstep (it does exist) and Andrea bocelli, and a mix helped me to recreate the wonderland (now trying to figure out why it has r34 oil paintings on the wall, also, Bris, if this painting is accurate, I am quite jealous!), which is now a stately Victorian mansion.

Having wonderland troubles? I found out recently that Adam over here split off his room into a seperate level of the wonderland. There's the usually nighttime Victorian mansion shared by Tavi and ChangelingDiscord on the top, and Adam's private world with minecrafty grass-colors and foggy skies in a weird gymlike building on the bottom. Interestingly, ChangelingDiscord has a different art style than Tavi, preferring asiatic influences over Tavi's victorian and classical-neoclassical-modern mix.

*Random psychiatrist disguise* Does your mind have sexual tendencies? All this random r34 everywhere... Consider seperating it into a nice and neat compartment like I did!

I just noticed we were in Zetaboards speaking colors... Subconscious, good work with your manipulation.

Interesting, indeed.

Guys... What the heck...

Have you two tulpae over there considered actively sparring with weapons or something? I do it all the time! *Shoots a bullet in half with another bullet*

But yes, sad fanfiction is sad.

Affirmatory nod here.

• Brohoof 3

We Are Victorious In The Pursuit Of Exploration For Our Homelands Of The League.
-Weapon, Quotestorm Collections

http://mlpforums.com/topic/36359-ask-the-weapon/ -Want to learn more? Just ask.

BROHOOF. EVERYTHING.

TAVI -EIRIN

ADAM -RED/BLUE PROGRAM

CHANGELING DISCORD

Well, I have rarely been able to push myself so hard during a WOD. A tulpa screaming in your head to pick the bar back up an finish the power snatch reps and not trip on the jump rope really helps, more than just saying it yourself.

No visual while working out, you kind of focus on the task, not the surroundings.

• Brohoof 3

If you make it for that reason, it'll most likely end up hating you and it will try to hurt you mentally. I don't recommend that. :D

If I actually spent the time to push my body's physical limits to their capacity, incidentally creating a delusional vision of a tulpa, you'd be the first to know if it tried to hurt me mentally

If I saw (pretended to see) a tulpa in the first place, that's a damned sure sign that my mental state has already been significantly hurt.

These shoddy tulpa things are just so silly. Y'all need some air 'n sunshine, shieeet.

If I actually spent the time to push my body's physical limits to their capacity, incidentally creating a delusional vision of a tulpa, you'd be the first to know if it tried to hurt me mentally.

If I saw (pretended to see) a tulpa in the first place, that's a damned sure sign that my mental state has already been significantly hurt.

These shoddy tulpa things are just so silly. Y'all need some air 'n sunshine, shieeet.

I am a 3.1gpa student in college, including 3 upper class, ancient Greek and a writing history research class, participate in several extracurricular activities regularly, work 25 a week, am a cross fitter, have earned my black belt in Tae Kwon Do, I am an Eagle Scout, including a silver palm, and am an active member in Omicron Delta Kappa (The National leadership Honors Society).

Well, after all that, I kind of see your point, I'm an aggressive overachiever, I need more relaxation time. Tulpa's may be silly, but its ME time. Also, I developed Twi years ago to help excel in life!

And I am as mentally stable as any person, other than having such high goals and being an INTJ (Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging)! I just really love logic and do a lot of complex, insane things in my head, like algebra, complex physics and moire abstract stuff like Marxist theory.

In other words, I am as sane as Plato, Aristotle, Socraties, Newton, Darwin or Einstien, to name a few!

Twi: Hell yeah he is! Back off all y'all, this insane sane dude is mine!

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 3

If I actually spent the time to push my body's physical limits to their capacity, incidentally creating a delusional vision of a tulpa, you'd be the first to know if it tried to hurt me mentally.

I don't know why you think we're delusional. I am perfectly sound in mind and body and am, in fact, smarter than the average 16-year-old. The fact that I can run what is basically a complex AI program in the background of my brain and couple it with an image so real that I can feel it proves that my thought capacity is above normal. I fail to see how this seems to be bad to you. My imagination is way more open than it has ever been. I can instantly create vivid animations in my head and even project them into my field of vision. I can basically choose how I see the real world. I can essentially change anything I don't like about the world and make it something that suits me, but without making it something that someone else doesn't want. I am not limited to seeing what everyone else sees. I can live in a beautiful world, free from hate and sorrow. How is this a bad thing?
  • Brohoof 2

If I actually spent the time to push my body's physical limits to their capacity, incidentally creating a delusional vision of a tulpa, you'd be the first to know if it tried to hurt me mentally

You know it's kind of ironic you say that. I used to be one of those guys. The guys whole pushed themselves to their physical limits. Dare I say it, I used to be a sort of a jock. Running everyday, working out every other day. Being a pitcher(baseball) for 5 hours per week. You can say I was around the point of epitome of pushing themselves to one's limit and if I was still doing that, I'd either in a college baseball squad as a starting pitcher or a Double A Minor League, but sometimes you get injured. Sometimes your arm feel the strain of your continuous throwing.  Get hit by a car and than all that momentum you tried to obtain once more....goes away. Having symptoms that sounds like Rheumatoid arthritis, but it wasn't.

In the end, I haven't done the thing I used to anymore. I played baseball one more time and though my command is still impressive, my fastball is less than stellar at best. If I was to bring back my former self, the person who get angry over not throwing hard enough. Not pushing themselves to the limit, running like it's no tomorrow.

I'd choose what I am now. Mentally speaking, I was immature. Taking everything too seriously. Still having social problems and just not being so goddamn oblivious to realize what I am. To improve on a mental state is SO much better than physical. I'll eventually become a shell of my old self even if I continue to do what I did.

However, tulpae, won't. They develop just like any other human. They care about what your problems are. They can make the most impossible thing like creating a pony(or whatever you make) you can actually see, feel, touch, etc. You can tell about your problems and they'll won't judge you for whatever you've done and understand try to help you with it. My tulpae aren't exactly the healthiest. Luna having identity problems, Becca not speaking out, Pinkie...well, not sure about her yet. But, if I were to choose my old body versus my new mind....I'll choose my new mind with them in a heartbeat.

Sorry for the long-wined response. I'm pretty sure it was a troll, but here the hell I am, making such a long speech. Maybe I was just wanted an outlet to speak out or maybe not. Who knows.

Edited by NinjaCPU
  • Brohoof 2

Captain_America_Signature_by_EQ_Style.jp
Made by: EQ-Style

"For Science, I shall see if this is true."

You know it's kind of ironic you say that. I used to be one of those guys. The guys whole pushed themselves to their physical limits. Dare I say it, I used to be a sort of a jock. Running everyday, working out every other day. Being a pitcher(baseball) for 5 hours per week. You can say I was around the point of epitome of pushing themselves to one's limit and if I was still doing that, I'd either in a college baseball squad as a starting pitcher or a Double A Minor League, but sometimes you get injured. Sometimes your arm feel the strain of your continuous throwing. Get hit by a car and than all that momentum you tried to obtain once more....goes away. Having symptoms that sounds like Rheumatoid arthritis, but it wasn't.

In the end, I haven't done the thing I used to anymore. I played baseball one more time and though my command is still impressive, my fastball is less than stellar at best. If I was to bring back my former self, the person who get angry over not throwing hard enough. Not pushing themselves to the limit, running like it's no tomorrow.

I'd choose what I am now. Mentally speaking, I was immature. Taking everything too seriously. Still having social problems and just not being so goddamn oblivious to realize what I am. To improve on a mental state is SO much better than physical. I'll eventually become a shell of my old self even if I continue to do what I did.

However, tulpae, won't. They develop just like any other human. They care about what your problems are. They can make the most impossible thing like creating a pony(or whatever you make) you can actually see, feel, touch, etc. You can tell about your problems and they'll won't judge you for whatever you've done and understand try to help you with it. My tulpae aren't exactly the healthiest. Luna having identity problems, Becca not speaking out, Pinkie...well, not sure about her yet. But, if I were to choose my old body versus my new mind....I'll choose my new mind with them in a heartbeat.

Sorry for the long-wined response. I'm pretty sure it was a troll, but here the hell I am, making such a long speech. Maybe I was just wanted an outlet to speak out or maybe not. Who knows.

I agree with you. I have knee and back pain at 16. That will probably get worse before ( and if ) it gets better. My mental state, however, is excellent. I am more free in my mind than I will ever, EVER be in my body. I can be whatever I want to in my mind, whereas I can only do certain things in my body. If I want to be a pilot in the Navy, I may need surgery. If I want to, I can get the same feelings of flight using my mind. That includes airsickness and vertigo. I can do something other than be a pilot and be happy because of this. It also means that I have no limits or restrictions because with the help of my mind, I can endure anything. I can even turn off my sense of pain if the pain is great enough. I can remove the feeling of hunger in my stomach so that I can survive without food for a long time if necessary. I am even able to change my emotions completely. I have almost eliminated my ability to feel anger, instead changing it to happiness and contentment. I would pick mind over body any day.
  • Brohoof 2

So what you are saying is that you are unwilling to accept the idea of a Tulpa and that anyone who believes it is not in the right mental state? Hate to say it, but you are being incredibly immature and disrespectful to the people who dedicate their time to post in this thread. If you have some legitimate concerns why not ask them in a respectable manner? I may not be much of an expert on this whole Tulpa thing, but at least I don't dismiss the entire thing as crazy whilst also insulting the people who are open minded enough to give it a try. Trial before judgement would be suggested here.

In regards to my Tulpa, progress hasn't been too significant. I do notice responses from Danielle from time to time and I have moments where I feel someone watching over me,but I still have my doubts that most of these responses are truly coming from a sentient part of my subconscious. Is there a way to tell if these responses are unique? Maybe the skeptic in me is preventing Danielle from becoming fully sentient? Guess I will just have to continue with experimenting to see if these responses will lead me somewhere.

Edited by IHazTommyWiseau
  • Brohoof 3

I am a 3.1gpa student in college, including 3 upper class, ancient Greek and a writing history research class, participate in several extracurricular activities regularly, work 25 a week, am a cross fitter, have earned my black belt in Tae Kwon Do, I am an Eagle Scout, including a silver palm, and am an active member in Omicron Delta Kappa (The National leadership Honors Society).

Well, after all that, I kind of see your point, I'm an aggressive overachiever, I need more relaxation time. Tulpa's may be silly, but its ME time. Also, I developed Twi years ago to help excel in life!

And I am as mentally stable as any person, other than having such high goals and being an INTJ (Introvert, iNtuitive, Thinking, Judging)! I just really love logic and do a lot of complex, insane things in my head, like algebra, complex physics and moire abstract stuff like Marxist theory.

In other words, I am as sane as Plato, Aristotle, Socraties, Newton, Darwin or Einstien, to name a few!

Twi: Hell yeah he is! Back off all y'all, this insane sane dude is mine!

I'm a 4.1 GPA sophomore in high-school taking AP History, AP Biology, Honors Engli- wait, this isn't a contest. It's, apparently, a roast on a user who is not too concerned about the mental state of others in a thread on the forums. Unless I'm wrong, tangibly observing a pastel pony loitering about your room means your mind went slightly fubar. These discussions are so capped it's hard to take anything seriously here.

I don't know why you think we're delusional. I am perfectly sound in mind and body and am, in fact, smarter than the average 16-year-old. The fact that I can run what is basically a complex AI program in the background of my brain and couple it with an image so real that I can feel it proves that my thought capacity is above normal. I fail to see how this seems to be bad to you. My imagination is way more open than it has ever been. I can instantly create vivid animations in my head and even project them into my field of vision. I can basically choose how I see the real world. I can essentially change anything I don't like about the world and make it something that suits me, but without making it something that someone else doesn't want. I am not limited to seeing what everyone else sees. I can live in a beautiful world, free from hate and sorrow. How is this a bad thing?

I don't think you're delusional. I just think the idea of having an imaginary friend when you're going to be graduating in a few years is outrageous. Seriously, there's more to life than sitting in front of a screen, trying to delude yourself into thinking you can see a crayola-colored equine prancing about in your doorway. There is no Big Brother aspect in this -- no one is telling you 2+2=5. You shouldn't have to train yourself to poke around with something that doesn't exist -- that's shit you do when you're seven and bored as hell.

You know it's kind of ironic you say that. I used to be one of those guys. The guys whole pushed themselves to their physical limits. Dare I say it, I used to be a sort of a jock. Running everyday, working out every other day. Being a pitcher(baseball) for 5 hours per week. You can say I was around the point of epitome of pushing themselves to one's limit and if I was still doing that, I'd either in a college baseball squad as a starting pitcher or a Double A Minor League, but sometimes you get injured. Sometimes your arm feel the strain of your continuous throwing.  Get hit by a car and than all that momentum you tried to obtain once more....goes away. Having symptoms that sounds like Rheumatoid arthritis, but it wasn't.

It? Bro, have some respect -- I'm a human being, not an object.

This guy is more active than me, and he just has one foot. If you can't play baseball anymore, you don't have to zombify yourself in front of a monitor all day, exposing yourself to general silliness and conforming just so you can be on a "higher-level" of silliness. It's all just silly, diggy-doggah. I'm not pissed or rude or anything -- I'm just throwing facts. Witchitpah! 

You can bounce back from just a bout anything -- you just gotta have the will.

So what you are saying is that you are unwilling to accept the idea of a Tulpa and that anyone who believes it is not in the right mental state? Hate to say it, but you are being incredibly immature and disrespectful to the people who dedicate their time to post in this thread. If you have some legitimate concerns why not ask them in a respectable manner? I may not be much of an expert on this whole Tulpa thing, but at least I don't dismiss the entire thing as crazy whilst also insulting the people who are open minded enough to give it a try. Trial before judgement would be suggested here.

In regards to my Tulpa, progress hasn't been too significant. I do notice responses from Danielle from time to time and I have moments where I feel someone watching over me,but I still have my doubts that most of these responses are truly coming from a sentient part of my subconscious. Is there a way to tell if these responses are unique? Maybe the skeptic in me is preventing Danielle from becoming fully sentient? Guess I will just have to continue with experimenting to see if these responses will lead me somewhere.

It's not that big of a deal, but sure. I never said I was unwilling to accept the idea of a Tulpa -- it's cranked and spun in my opinion, but hey, *some other round-about snooty comments from me were just typed. Read them -- they're like tulpae, just look harder than usual.*

Tulpa are just... Aha. Yohoho.

No one should really give two craps about what I'm typing -- if it truly offends you that much, then that's all the more reason to go do something productive (other than develop an invisible compadre.) I used to think about stuff like this when I was in fifth grade. Classic "problem child" case. Then I realized I was just putting shit in my life that wasn't there. I decided I didn't need it, and now I'm a happier, more down-to-earth chiller-echo-foxtrot-davis-mavis-goose-blowin' figgy Brujaha.

I guess what I'm really trying to say is:

Nobody gives a rat's ass. Carry on.

It's not like any of you would listen to advice from a stranger anyways. Raize the herd.

I'm a 4.1 GPA sophomore in high-school taking AP History, AP Biology, Honors Engli- wait, this isn't a contest. It's, apparently, a roast on a user who is not too concerned about the mental state of others in a thread on the forums. Unless I'm wrong, tangibly observing a pastel pony loitering about your room means your mind went slightly fubar. These discussions are so capped it's hard to take anything seriously here.

I don't think you're delusional. I just think the idea of having an imaginary friend when you're going to be graduating in a few years is outrageous. Seriously, there's more to life than sitting in front of a screen, trying to delude yourself into thinking you can see a crayola-colored equine prancing about in your doorway. There is no Big Brother aspect in this -- no one is telling you 2+2=5. You shouldn't have to train yourself to poke around with something that doesn't exist -- that's shit you do when you're seven and bored as hell.

This guy is more active than me, and he just has one foot. If you can't play baseball anymore, you don't have to zombify yourself in front of a monitor all day, exposing yourself to general silliness and conforming just so you can be on a "higher-level" of silliness. It's all just silly, diggy-doggah. I'm not pissed or rude or anything -- I'm just throwing facts. Witchitpah! 

It's not that big of a deal, but sure. I never said I was unwilling to accept the idea of a Tulpa -- it's cranked and spun in my opinion, but hey, *some other round-about snooty comments from me were just typed. Read them -- they're like tulpae, just look harder than usual.*

No one should really give two craps about what I'm typing -- if it truly offends you that much, then that's all the more reason to go do something productive (other than develop an invisible compadre.) I used to think about stuff like this when I was in fifth grade. Classic "problem child" case. Then I realized I was just putting shit in my life that wasn't there. I decided I didn't need it, and now I'm a happier, more down-to-earth chiller-echo-foxtrot-davis-mavis-goose-blowin' figgy Brujaha.

It's not like any of you would listen to advice from a stranger anyways. Raize the herd.

Well, you obviously are closed minded. I am only doing a little bit more than before. I've built myself over theirs, unknowingly working twith my subconscious. That is not insane, its stepping your mental game up.

Meditating is really healthy, really good. Since you have no personal experience with this or a doctorate in psych, you have no validity. Try I pit yourself. Its an old technique, and connecting with your subconscious is something done all across time and cultures. This just steps it up with a controlled visual imposed on the real world, at later stages.

• Brohoof 5

I'm a 4.1 GPA sophomore in high-school taking AP History, AP Biology, Honors Engli- wait, this isn't a contest. It's, apparently, a roast on a user who is not too concerned about the mental state of others in a thread on the forums. Unless I'm wrong, tangibly observing a pastel pony loitering about your room means your mind went slightly fubar. These discussions are so capped it's hard to take anything seriously here.

Well, you misunderstand. This is not only therapeutic for people, it also gives them advanced capability because they've given their subconscious a way to communicate with them. Everything they've ever done is stored in the memory somewhere, but the conscious mind has trouble bringing it up. If you make a super-intelligent tulpa, then it will probably use all the knowledge you currently have, and will improve your learning capabilities. I don't sit in front of a screen all day, I just take an hour of break time and relax. While I'm relaxing I think of my tulpa. It's not hard to do or addicting, it's actually good for you. My mind is not fubar, and I am perfectly sound in mind and body. I don't need you to tell me that I'm not. If you don't agree with me, then please don't insult me. I haven't insulted you, so why call me a lunatic? I'm simply trying to say that this is not a bad thing and that you simply need to look at it from a different point of view. You don't even have to make one, just stop insulting the people on this thread please. None of us have done anything wrong to you, or shown any behavior that suggests anything is wrong with us.
  • Brohoof 4

(edited)

Well if you said you don't care about us, why did you write four paragraphs explaining why you don't like the idea of something you don't understand, while also stating that instead of attempting to discover new frontiers of how the human mind works, we should just obey to the social norm's boring and uninteresting lifestyle of going to the same job to pay the same bills to keep consuming the same crappy media that advocates sex, drug and violence, all in the name of 'normality', and to avoid the embarrassment of being different and more open-minded than most sheeple.

Look, yes, you're right, we do indeed seem a bit nutty to people new to the idea, but you need to understand, there are gonna' be people in this world who are open to some strange things, and if you spend your time fighting that, rather than using that time to instead comprehend and understand it, how are you going to move forward and develop as a human being?

I know you could say the same thing about us, that we're deluding ourselves with beings that are illusions instead of real people, which means we might lack certain social skills compared to if we were instead talking with real people(though it turns out that almost everyone here has quite healthy social skills). But at least we realize that, and recognize that we are okay with it.

And at the end of the day, as you said, who cares? You, me, are all gonna' die, and the universe won't give a rat's ass about anything we did, and the pale blue dot we call earth will keep on spinnin' like nothing ever happened. But hey, at least I died living a relatively happy life, even if it was a bit of a lie.

And it won't matter that it was a lie, because I'm dead. There is no scoring system for how well we did at life.

Now,

*Dramatically walks into sunset*

Okay now Ben, you're not some cowboy.  <_< 

Shh! Let me dream!  :angry:

Edited by Rizoel & Crepuscule
  • Brohoof 6

YouTube: Rizzy 'n [Crep] (Recently made a couple of vids of silly games. More to come maybe :okiedokielokie: )

Steam: Rizzy 'n Crep (Currently playing Killing Floor 2. Come do a thing with us. ( Unless you're a pansy. Are you a pansy? :comeatus: ) )

Twitch.tv: Rizoel95 (aaaauuugggghhh maybe :scoots: )

img-1151418-1-34442354.jpg

If you don't care about Tulpas like you claim, then why did you take time out of your day to both read and write replies to a Tulpa thread? If you don't think anybody will pay attention to the posts you are making, then why are you going out of your way to write them?

If you like Tulpas, then great! This is the thread for you. 

But if you don't, then would you kindly stay away from this thread?

Edited by UrdiePie
  • Brohoof 5

I'm a 4.1 GPA sophomore in high-school

So you're a 16 year old, telling fully grown adults that they're immature. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with that. You're clearly not a self-righteous troll trying to get a rise out of people. <_<

Seriously, there's more to life than sitting in front of a screen, trying to delude yourself into thinking you can see a crayola-colored equine prancing about in your doorway

You make it sound like we're all just losers sitting in front of our computers imagining cartoon characters all day. We just take 1 hour out of our day to meditate to create the tulpa. It relaxes a person, relieves stress and anxiety, improves one's imagination and ability to visualize things, and it exercises our mental abilities. It's hardly different from transcendental meditation or other similar practices. Outside of that hour though, we all do normal things and live ordinary lives.

There is no Big Brother aspect in this -- no one is telling you 2+2=5.

I'm not pissed or rude or anything -- I'm just throwing facts

1. You are rude.

2. You either do not know what the word "facts" mean or you really are just a troll. You stated opinions and empty assertions, not facts.

down-to-earth chiller-echo-foxtrot-davis-mavis-goose-blowin' figgy Brujaha.

Witchitpah!

diggy-doggah

What the heck are you trying to say with all of this nonsense? If you're going to try to troll everyone in this thread, could you at least speak the Queen's English? :angry:

I think Riz and Urdie covered everything else.

• Brohoof 8

Now let's all just calm down here.

I'm starting to see a peculiar and eerie resemblance to the pony threads of old; of when haters and bronies alike argued and argued and argued pointlessly until someone interjects with reason.

So Tulpa's are going to be the next trend?!

No, I meant-

Then we're all insane?

Blackjack, you aren't helping.

I'll let Tia explain and argue her position, seeing as she is better at it than even I am...

Alright... *ahem*

Well, for starters, the existence of a Tulpa does not denote the mental health of an individual until proven so by extensive testing.  It's origins lie in ancient Tibetan meditation techniques, developed by monks that only recently we see the extents of the benefits of this mental mastery.  The original purpose was to overcome the limitations of the mind by creating something to antagonize; a actual being to compete against.  Others more focused on the companionship of their mind-forms, and together helped better themselves or to unlock parts of the mind that normal people couldn't freely access, such as deep memory.

The personal reasons for creating a Tulpa is, for the most part, up to the individual.  Those with large social lives, overachievers, and those more focused on reality may desire one as much as the daydreaming introvert, though for different reasons.  Making an assumption that it's out of desperation, then, is a subjective claim.

What are the benefits of a Tulpa then?  What would be some good reasons to have one over not?  While I hold my stance that it is not something for everyone to try, one common thing is the ability to have a second opinion without the need to ask for one, or someone to share your thoughts to without seeking someone out.  Others desire a companion who knows who they are better than anyone they know.  Others feel as if they need someone who will help them push themselves to their limits or to push them back from a low place in life.  And others may want to use them for their original purpose; mastery of the mind.

I'll admit that it is a slightly socially taboo, but ancient practice, which requires a bit of explaining to gain some understanding of it.  One that most of us keep quite personal, exception being in places designated to talk about it.  Most people who do create a tulpa you wouldn't be able to distinguish from anyone else, which is what I think the few questioning people here don't understand.

Interests are different, methods of entertainment are different, and most of all people are different and have the right to be different in their own ways.  If you feel as if you do not want to join in what's happening here, then fine by us.  However, we don't want to argue about anything, and I don't want this thread to derail.  If you have a question, ask.  If you have a personal thought or respectful insight, share.  Though keep insults to yourself and peace will be maintained.

*applause*

*whistles and cheers*

*ahem*

What?  Oh!  Yeah, to get back on track...

Last night, Tia and BJ finally were able to stay with me in my dreams, even though I wasn't lucid, I distinctly was aware of them.  (it was a pony-related dream about some war with the pegasi and a moving cloud fortress.  I think it had a constant that they were able to latch onto to stay with me.)

Oh, and Ben, with the Lucid Dreaming mask, try getting a tight, but stretchy beanie and pull it over.  I do that to keep my headphones on when I use my bineural beats, (had same problem) and it works like a charm.

And a more eerie update, I read another full, descriptive fanfic with huge insight into character development, and I've been feeling that feeling of being watched again... Though from far off, in some corner of my mind... (And knowing Murky... That's exactly what he'd do.  Oh I hope I just didn't make another accidental Tulpa!)

Edited by Brisineo
  • Brohoof 8

Now let's all just calm down here.

I'm starting to see a peculiar and eerie resemblance to the pony threads of old; of when haters and bronies alike argued and argued and argued pointlessly until someone interjects with reason.

So Tulpa's are going to be the next trend?!

No, I meant-

Then we're all insane?

Blackjack, you aren't helping.

Lol, Oh Black Jack.

Tia's awesome text!

Great job Tia! Very elequent. And you ended up with Bris how? lol.

What?  Oh!  Yeah, to get back on track...

Last night, Tia and BJ finally were able to stay with me in my dreams, even though I wasn't lucid, I distinctly was aware of them.  (it was a pony-related dream about some war with the pegasi and a moving cloud fortress.  I think it had a constant that they were able to latch onto to stay with me.)

AWESOME!!! I want to figure out to how bring Twi into my dreams.

No! 

Sissy <_<

And a more eerie update, I read another full, descriptive fanfic with huge insight into character development, and I've been feeling that feeling of being watched again... Though from far off, in some corner of my mind... (And knowing Murky... That's exactly what he'd do.  Oh I hope I just didn't make another accidental Tulpa!)

Oh Gosh. Well, after reading that, eh, 

We want another one!

Well, Twi does. Shayne, Shayne does, but not sure when he will have time. 

I already told you, we have time. I am finished. 

Alright, so a few things we discussed. 

1: Twilight is already constructed. It happened long ago, and she is very similar to me. Which is good, and bad.  :umad: (HEY! I JUST FOUND THE DISCORD EMOTE!! LOL)

2: I wont be actively imposing Twi, as I don't have time. 

It does not bother me!

3: We decided IF we did make another one, it need to balance the both of us. 

Maybe something for me to play with, or someone to help me play with Shayne. 

:blink:  <_< Yeah, not to thrilled about that. And yes, she is using plural. Both of us already recognize someone else. 

4: I almost immediately could identify another partition in my brain. I now wonder what Twi is doing.

*Construction Bells and whistles, hammers, etc.*

:wacko:

I'm screwed. 

Hehehehe

5: The only thing I NEED to do with Twi, is listen more, so she can help me with school, studying, life, and just to chat when there is a lot of commotion. 

He is thick skulled and thick brained!

So, umm. Yeah, this probably will happen in the future, just um, not sure when. Not sure who, or personality, or looks either. And it will probably be female. 

PONY CREATOR!!!

NO!

Twi is serious, and stubborn. I already know I will loose this battle. lol

EDIT: Any advice? 

Edited by Mindrop
  • Brohoof 2

Hey folks. This is just a friendly reminder to all participants in this thread that the discussion should remain focused on tulpas rather than entire posts dedicated to conversations with them. If a conversation helps elaborate on a technique or opinion, that is acceptable; anything else will be treated as off-topic.

Thanks! :)

• Brohoof 3

pete-alonso1.jpg.f27295daeb2f61a9d83493a73c62079d.jpg

Domine, tu omnia nosti, tu scis quia amo te.

Hey folks. This is just a friendly reminder to all participants in this thread that the discussion should remain focused on tulpas rather than entire posts dedicated to conversations with them. If a conversation helps elaborate on a technique or opinion, that is acceptable; anything else will be treated as off-topic.

Thanks! :)

I hate to be that guy, but I'm just a bit confused. What's wrong with them talking about conversations they've had with their tulpas here?

I mean, it's the "Tulpa Discussion Thread," why would talking about the wacky adventures and conversations people have with their tulpas be considered off-topic? They're still talking about tulpas.

Where else are they supposed to post it? If they post it in the blogs, then people are going to get upset about the influx of Tulpa-related blog entries dominating the Recent Blog Entries section of the front page.

Edited by UrdiePie
  • Brohoof 5

Other than awkward moment when you realize tulpa randomly fell in lust with other person... Yeah, nothing much over here, except Changeling Discord and Adam played a trick with a piece of gum and talking invisibly.

But anyways, I've been having fun with two ideas. Basically, color-vision your tulpae to see who's creating what object mentally for one, and wonderland layering for two. The first is basically having a sub-color hidden behind object or whatnot to see where your tulpae are playing in your imagination. Like x-ray vision to see colored gelatin instead of bones or other solid structures. Tavi uses grey, Adam uses orange, Changeling Discord uses dark blue, I use black, and mind static or raw imagination uses either rainbow colors or white.

The latter is just a trick to help keep tulpae from messing with each other by delegating the wonderland into parts where each tulpa is free to play around whatever they want without risking irritating someone else, in my case by splitting it into layered wonderland-parts. Tavi keeps the victorian mansion, Changeling Discord has some pagoda thingy in a nighttime asian-ish forest, and Adam has his misty warehouse building in a grassy field.

Has anyone here used a variant of either idea?

• Brohoof 1

We Are Victorious In The Pursuit Of Exploration For Our Homelands Of The League.
-Weapon, Quotestorm Collections

http://mlpforums.com/topic/36359-ask-the-weapon/ -Want to learn more? Just ask.

BROHOOF. EVERYTHING.

TAVI -EIRIN

ADAM -RED/BLUE PROGRAM

CHANGELING DISCORD