Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Mrs. Cake cheated on Mr. Cake

My little pwny

It's easy to see! How do two earth ponies have one unicorn and one pegasus pony twins?? Mrs. Cake had to have cheated on Mr. Cake with an alicorn! Assuming genetics work the same way in FiM, then it's impossible!

Take a look at this Punnett Square:

Posted Image

Let's say the lower case "y" is the earth pony gene, and the upper case "Y" is the alicorn gene. Mrs. Cake is on top and the adulterer alicorn is on the left. Based on the theory of genetics, The upper case "Y" alicorn gene is dominate gives offspring either a horn or wings. Double lower yy means its just a earth pony. This is the only explaination of how Mrs. Cake could have those children!

• Brohoof 8

(edited)

>Implying that Pony-species gene only contains one pair of Alleles

For all we know, if there's three possible outcome from a genetic, there's a possibility that there's at least two or more pair of alleles that describe the trait. Your example could only provide two possible outcome.

Edited by Weyland
  • Brohoof 2

Nah, she didn't cheat. She adopted Pumpkin and Pound Cake. She put together a very elaborate act with the hospital staff to trick Mr. Cake into thinking she was giving birth. I mean, we didn't see her pregnant in either Season 1 or 2 right? Adopted. Case closed. *pushes glasses up face*

• Brohoof 10

Nah, she didn't cheat. She adopted Pumpkin and Pound Cake. She put together a very elaborate act with the hospital staff to trick Mr. Cake into thinking she was giving birth. I mean, we didn't see her pregnant in either Season 1 or 2 right? Adopted. Case closed. *pushes glasses up face*

wow.....this seems legit.i agree with doctor.

WRONG.

ALL WRONG.

The episode CLEARLY states that both unicorns and pegasi are in the Cake family history. OBVIOUSLY, the genes are from the past... recessive. My older siblings are right-handed, as am I, but my younger brother is left-handed... a recessive gene. Therefore, we should take MLP's writer's words and say that the babies do belong to both Mr. and Mrs. Cake and weren't adopted.

• Brohoof 16

Well they wouldn't do that in the show just so you know. I know we all like to make points and question things, but the point is they wouldn't do that in the show.

• Brohoof 1

Alicorns are not pegasus-unicorn, they're earth pony-pegasus-unicorn. People don't recognize Earth Ponies enough.

I have a theory that ponies are not any of the 3 when conceived (basically magic-less Earth Ponies), but they get their race when they get magic, and the dominant magic wins. If we're going to get into genetics, then the amount of genes needed for horns and especially the wings would render them different species incapable of crossbreeding, or at very least incapable of having fertile offspring.

Either that, or they have triple (or hextuple) helix DNA that has different rules than our double helix DNA.

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

To be honest that was some pretty bad genetics knowledge right there.

Now i'm not an expert, but to begin with, there are 3 pony races (Besides alicorns), so it's not just that basic dominant and rescesive stuff.

I actually saw this explained somewhere and know its quite possible for two Earth Ponies to have both a Unicorn and Pegasus

EDIT: There, it's quite clearPosted Image

Edited by Eenohay

WRONG.

ALL WRONG.

The episode CLEARLY states that both unicorns and pegasi are in the Cake family history. OBVIOUSLY, the genes are from the past... recessive. My older siblings are right-handed, as am I, but my younger brother is left-handed... a recessive gene. Therefore, we should take MLP's writer's words and say that the babies do belong to both Mr. and Mrs. Cake and weren't adopted.

It still seems more likely that Mrs. Cake cheated with a male alicorn than recessive L2 genes resulted in a unicorn AND a pegasus TWINS. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut this is a kids show so I'll have to agree with you because the show said so.

Umm... There are no male alicorns, that we know of. And who said MLP had accurate genetics?

Theres a royal guard alicorn in one of the last episodes.

Theres a royal guard alicorn in one of the last episodes.

Actually, it's had been confirmed as an animation error weeks ago

It still seems more likely that Mrs. Cake cheated with a male alicorn than recessive L2 genes resulted in a unicorn AND a pegasus TWINS. Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut this is a kids show so I'll have to agree with you because the show said so.

Error 404: Male Alicorn did not found

• Brohoof 1

Actually, it's had been confirmed as an animation error weeks ago

Error 404: Male Alicorn did not found

Oh, hehehe, well, there obviously has to be male alicorns, just not shown in the show.

Oh, hehehe, well, there obviously has to be male alicorns, just not shown in the show.

I don't think its canon, either way. No confirmation or denial if there are male alicorns.