Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Break Up Break Down  

98 users have voted

1. 1. Like or Dislike?

• Sugar Belle: *stops once wagon wheel falls off, sniffles* "All the rotten luck!" (I HATE IT! >__<)
    • Discord: "Please! Can't you see that that holiday is a commercialized ruse pushed on you by the greeting card industry?" (I dislike it!)
    • Discord: "Well, you two have certainly bought into that romance nonsense hook, line, and sinker." Spike *deadpan*: "For a former friendless, immortal despot, you're pretty cynical." (…meh…)
    • Spike: "Aw, c'mon! You may act tough, but deep down, you're a softie. I mean, you don't have tea with Fluttershy every weekend because you like tea." (I like it!)
    • Sweetie Belle: "Ah, it's funny. I've been sitting here feeling sorry for myself for not having a special pony on Hearts and Hooves Day. But…remembering all the fun we had…I think I have two special ponies… My two best friends." AB & Scoots: "Awww!" *all three hug* (I LOVE IT! <3)

Note #1: This is one of the episodes leaked a few months ago. If you watched the episode already, keep all discussion under the spoiler tag until after it finishes officially airing. (Hit the eye icon to trigger it and type within it.) DO NOT LINK OR POST THE LEAKED MATERIAL!

Note #2: Over the last few months, some content originally leaked (e.g., the Student Six's names, episode titles, some summaries) have been officially revealed, and chances are more will, too. But as always, please keep all leaked content not officially revealed yet — and/or if you're unsure if you're revealing too much — under the "spoiler" tag.

Note #3: This episode was released early in Finland. Unlike the leaks back in December, this release is official. If you watched it, feel free to post here.

Title: The Break Up Break Down

Air Date (U.S./Disc. Family): May 19 at 11:30am

Writer: Nick Confalone

Summary: "It's Hearts and Hooves Day and Big Mac has romantic plans for Sugar Belle, but the day takes a turn when he overhears his special pony tell Mrs. Cakeshe's planning on breaking up with him!"

Episode will be linked after it airs.

Remember to join us at the CMC Clubhouse on Equestria.tv!

SendVid: https://sendvid.com/iwnu1leo

• Brohoof 4

Spoiler

I wonder how the people who ship Discord lovingly with another (particularly Flittershy) will react to Discord implying he doesn't believe in love. 

Still, I only saw it once so I could be mis-reading Discord's meaning. We'll see.

Spoiler

After this episode, I want one of two things to be guaranteed to happen to Big Mac:

He either moves out of Sweet Apple Acres to live with Sugar Belle in his final episode in Season 9 (like Maud Pie did from the rock farm in Rock Solid Friendship), OR this will be his final episode of the series and he will get no more episodes at all.

Remember, Big Mac usually never gets more than one episode in any season; in fact, he was only a background character in Season 1, and he also didn't have an episode for himself in Seasons 3 or 4.

Edited by PathfinderCS

Spoiler

The biggest  thing in this episode is actually what Spike says to Discord about Fluttershy rather than anything else revolving Big Mac

3 hours ago, SwitchGuy2018 said:
  Hide contents

I wonder how the people who ship Discord lovingly with another (particularly Flittershy) will react to Discord implying he doesn't believe in love. 

Still, I only saw it once so I could be mis-reading Discord's meaning. We'll see.

Spoiler

The meaning behind this scene was to imply that its obvious for Spike that Discord is in love with her even if he doesn't realise it yet.

Please remember to use spoilers for any sensitive info; thank you!

• Brohoof 2

7 hours ago, ShootingStar159 said:

So, not having seen this episode when it leaked, I still have to say that having SugarMac in the opening sequence, right there front and center kind of takes a lot of my suspense at the synopsis away.

If they weren't in the intro, would you really suspect that the show would consider breaking up any established couples? There are golden rules in cartoonsL

1. Once in love - they will be always in love

2. If someone points out attraction in the plotline, then in 100% they were right about their assumption

On 4/10/2018 at 7:35 PM, ShootingStar159 said:

So, not having seen this episode when it leaked, I still have to say that having SugarMac in the opening sequence, right there front and center kind of takes a lot of my suspense at the synopsis away.

This is one of those episodes where the journey is more important than the destination. All of the characters who appear have so many great scenes together and some very amusing side stories it really doesn't matter that the main premise is a bit well-worn in terms of TV tropes. I thought I was going to dislike this episode upon first reading the episode description for that very reason, but it totally surprised me by how funny and charming it is with its excellent use of continuity.

And two of the characters who appear in this episode are two I would never have guessed would be present (or even needed) from reading just the episode description alone. :D

• Brohoof 3

7 minutes ago, ggg-2 said:

I seriously want this ship to die already.

And moreover, I do not want any more Big Mac episodes after this one, since even Applejack isn't getting much episodes nowadays herself as I know it.

• Brohoof 1

As a supporter of SugarMac, I'm looking forward to this episode and am hoping for better development and chemistry than the last outing. I'm almost certain this episode will be the FiM equivalent of a Three's Company episode where a misunderstanding leads to overreactions and amusing shenanigans. They are progressing well toward the obvious engagement and wedding. Can't wait. 

Blessed be!

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...

I support BigBelle. Also I feel this is going to really be a big fan episode for fanart.

For two reasons

Spoiler

Spike(and possibly Bigmac) ship Fluttercord.

Spoiler

Spike for the first time in 8 years has a crush on somepony/creature other than Rarity....a skeleton mare....ohhh dear.

• Brohoof 2

This episode can't get here soon enough. For the third time in a week, last night I dreamed I was watching this episode, but in the dream it's never anything like how it actually is because my subconscious fills in with it's own ideas all the details I've forgotten. There's even this one segment where a pony goes on with a 10 minute monologue and it's totally frustrating to sit through. XD

What.....a.....copout. "Breakup" is in the bucking title, and yet, nope, they don't have the guts to go through with it and end this travesty once and for all. Wah, wah wah, "SugarMac". Give....me.....a.....break. Sugar Belle needs to go.

(edited)

Totally NOT hyped. Nick Confalone, the writer of this episode, always put Pinkie Pie in every previous episode he wrote, including Dungeons & Discords (which stars the same main characters in Break Up), but this time, UGH!!! He neglected her on purpose.

He should've at least given her a cameo since she lives in Sugarcube Corner after all. AND, he did give Maud Pie (and Mudbriar) a cameo, but not to Pinkie. >:(

Edited by FirePuppy
  • Brohoof 1

• This topic was featured and pinned

Wakey wakey; eggs and bakey! Almost time! :D

• Brohoof 2

I only have two posts to write about this episode today:

1.What I would have been doing in the episode if I was in it

2.The resolution 

So, I'll see you guys in a few minutes.