Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Personality Types

Mr. Shoe

I'm ISTJ, which according to the pony chart is Big Macintosh. I wanted ESTJ for obvious reasons but I don't have a fraction of Applejack's gregariousness. :P

ISTJ

Introvert(56%)  Sensing(12%)  Thinking(12%)  Judging(22%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
  • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Thinking over Feeling (12%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (22%)

• 4 weeks later...

I got:

INFJ
Introvert(100%)  iNtuitive(62%)  Feeling(25%)  Judging(22%) Which is like the rarest type for males I think, which means I'm extra cool B) .
I really do like the MBTI, and find it very useful. If anyone is interested in it further I'd highly reccomend the book "Gifts Differing Understanding Personality Type" by Isabel Briggs Myers, as it explains the system and types by the people that made it in not too dificult to understand terms. Also, is by far one of the best books on personality types out there ( not the biggest fan of Dr. Keirsey)
Though according to the chart I'm like Zecora... I honestly don't see any reason why, as I'm not apt to rhyme, even a bit of the time, hey I just found a dime! :muffins:
  • Brohoof 1

I'm still trying to figure out why there are so many INTJ bronies.  I suppose that it makes sense that extraverted and feeling types aren't as common since they care more about what society thinks of them.  Intuitive people seem a little more open to things like this than sensing people would.  However, I would imagine that there would be more P types among the bronies since they are more spontaneous and playful.  INTJs are one of the most serious, down-to-business types, and I am still having trouble understanding why so many bronies are INTJs, even though I am one of them.

This thing frickin LIES.

I would rate myself an INTJ, with statistics of Introverted (~80%), iNtuitive (~68-72%), Thinking (~49%), Judging (~60%); it only makes sense that I listen to music that says things like "Gott brennt die Welt" ("God burns the world" - Eisbrecher's 1000 Flammen).

This test rates me an INTP, with statistics of Introverted (67%), iNtuitive (62%), Thinking (38%), Perceiving (33%). This, quite frankly, is bulls###.

I'm still trying to figure out why there are so many INTJ bronies.  I suppose that it makes sense that extraverted and feeling types aren't as common since they care more about what society thinks of them.  Intuitive people seem a little more open to things like this than sensing people would.  However, I would imagine that there would be more P types among the bronies since they are more spontaneous and playful.  INTJs are one of the most serious, down-to-business types, and I am still having trouble understanding why so many bronies are INTJs, even though I am one of them.

I do find that interesting myself, although I suppose it's more due to the fact INTJ's are quite rare. Although the results of this are rather skewed, since I'd be willing to bet anyone with a type beginning in IN would be the most likely group to pay more attention to this type of post, since the N function is focused on symbols and unconscious motivations.

But I other than what I first said, to me it makes quite a bit of sense. In most things involving the MBTI, the types of INTJ and INFJ (my type bty ) are grouped together because the only big difference between the two is a different auxiliary process. They both operate primarily on the N function and use a judging process. So while the INFJ might be more of a "people please-er", and the INTJ might be more "serious" sounding; that's only a difference of how they deal with the external world, but both operate almost the same in terms of the Internal world ( C.S. Lewis is identified as a INTJ ,which I would agree with, but is famous for writing a famous series of childrens books set in a fairy tale setting ).

To make an analogy: the INFJ and INTJ are run by the same CEO, but the INFJ's PR person has better Interpersonal skills and the INTJ's PR person is better at no-nonsense problem solving.

• Brohoof 2

Here's the curious thing:  I read somewhere that many people who would call themselves INTJs (or perhaps answer the questions in a way that does so) actually are better classified as an INTP.  (I'm one, by the way.)

INTPs are actually characterized by having Introverted Thinking as a dominant function, while INTJs have Introverted Intuition as a dominant function.  This means that although INTPs appear to the world (through their auxiliary Extraverted Intuition) to be spontaneous and playful, their dominant function, which is only experienced subjectively, is very orderly and precise.  Thus, INTPs might think of themselves as quite organized, although that rarely applies to the outer world, which is more the realm of those with Extraverted Thinking as a dominant or auxiliary function, like INTJs.  In other words, INTPs would not be keen to call themselves spontaneous because in their minds, they are quite orderly and even methodical in how they approach things.  They just aren't keen to show it.

(To clarify, extraverts are the types to really actively interact with the outer world and thus their dominant function is an extraverted one.  Introverts, on the other hand, prefer to direct their energy inward, but have at least some extraverted tendencies through the qualities of their auxiliary function.)

If we could actually observe every claimed INTJ on this site and see how they actually approach doing things (that is, with a "economical" sense of time where everything must be scheduled as opposed to a more laid-back view of time) we might be able to weed out the "poser" INTJs quite easily.

• Brohoof 2

ENFJ or ENTJ
Extravert(11%)  iNtuitive(75%)  Feeling/Thinking(50%)  Judging(11%)
  • You have slight preference of Extraversion over Introversion (11%)
  • You have distinctive preference of Intuition over Sensing (75%)
  • You have equal preference of Feeling and Thinking (50%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

....so I'm like Rarity and Trixie....

I've taken this test many times before and this is always what I have gotten,...I am equally ENFJ and ENTJ....I am not sure what that means compared to others.

guys, just remember that this is only measure what is in the test itself, which is really only a small portion of what is really in a human personality.

Plus, there are dozens of other personality typing systems out there, and there is absolutely no way of proving one over the other. 

that is why psychology is a "social science"

I took a test like this last year and an more extroverted personality. This time when I took it I got

ISTJ

56% Introvert 

1% sensing

12% thinking

11% judging

I do feel like I'm introverted with extroverted tendencies more since I can be social it's just I need downtime alone.

Here's the curious thing:  I read somewhere that many people who would call themselves INTJs (or perhaps answer the questions in a way that does so) actually are better classified as an INTP.  (I'm one, by the way.)

INTPs are actually characterized by having Introverted Thinking as a dominant function, while INTJs have Introverted Intuition as a dominant function.  This means that although INTPs appear to the world (through their auxiliary Extraverted Intuition) to be spontaneous and playful, their dominant function, which is only experienced subjectively, is very orderly and precise.  Thus, INTPs might think of themselves as quite organized, although that rarely applies to the outer world, which is more the realm of those with Extraverted Thinking as a dominant or auxiliary function, like INTJs.  In other words, INTPs would not be keen to call themselves spontaneous because in their minds, they are quite orderly and even methodical in how they approach things.  They just aren't keen to show it.

(To clarify, extraverts are the types to really actively interact with the outer world and thus their dominant function is an extraverted one.  Introverts, on the other hand, prefer to direct their energy inward, but have at least some extraverted tendencies through the qualities of their auxiliary function.)

If we could actually observe every claimed INTJ on this site and see how they actually approach doing things (that is, with a "economical" sense of time where everything must be scheduled as opposed to a more laid-back view of time) we might be able to weed out the "poser" INTJs quite easily.

I think this probably holds true for a lot of self-reported INTJs on this forum.  Many INTJs are probably too serious for bronyism, whereas INTPs are more open.  Also, I have brought up the theory that bronies are likely lazier than other people before, which would better describe INTPs than INTJs (there are lazy INTJs and hard-working INTPs, too).  I won't go into detail about that because the last time it did, it became extremely controversial.  Nonetheless, I am almost confident that I'm an INTJ.

Took the test again when I saw this thread. I recall that I've taken this test a few times before, and that I was usually ENF with flip-flops between P and J. Right now it was ENFP.

• Brohoof 1

Just as a further clarification, because this confused the heck out of me until I actually read the book by the creators of the MBTI and even then it was still a couple months before it finally dawned on me; simply put ( as best I can) in the case of an Extrovert the Perceiving designation could mean the more "laissez faire" of the too by default, and the Judging designation would indicate someone who prefers to have things very organized. However, in the case of an Introvert it's in reverse, since the J or P designation determines the auxiliary process for the Introvert ( instead of the determining the Primary function for the Extrovert ). Case in point this chart:  Myerspony.jpg?1306994816

This chart is dead on in indicating hyper organized Twilight as an INTP and the very subtly mischievous and playful Celestia as an INTJ (just watch her brief tongue in cheek moments in the episode "A bird in the hoof"). Also take note that Luna is designated as an Introvert ending with a P, just think of her social difficulties in "Luna Eclipsed" because of her "serious" mannerisms.

Edited by Virgil_Harris

I've known my type for a few years now. INTJ. Took this version of the test for fun to see the percentages. (Yes, INTJs take tests for fun! :lol:)

Introverted 100% Intuitive 62% Thinking 62% Judging 67%

"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!"

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I've gotten ISFP so many times, even though I don't think it fits me, but oh well. Still thinks an MBTI test can't always define your personality 100 % and still can decide for yourself, but that's just my experience and opinion.

• Brohoof 1

ISTJ

Introvert(11%)  Sensing(25%)  Thinking(88%)  Judging(11%)

• You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
  • You have moderate preference of Sensing over Intuition (25%)
  • You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
  • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)

Yeah. i'm one helluva person.

I took this test once...

All I can remember from my results is "Extrovert 1%"

So almost smack in the middle there :P

EDIT: Took it again and got an almost completely different set of results:

INTP (possibly INFP)

Moderate preference of introversion over extroversion (I'd actually say marginal or no preference)

Distinct preference of intuition over sensing

Marginal or no preference of thinking over feeling

Moderate preference of perceiving over judging

I've no idea if that's good or not...

Edited by Hibiscus Bloom
  • Brohoof 1

I'm an INTJ. Perhaps I'm just biased, but I think Twilight is an INTJ, too. I'm not really sure about the P distinction with her, because she's always organized, and she freaks out when her plan doesn't work as intended.

• Brohoof 2

There is no bad results for this test, so it's good! ^_^

Found this also:

img-2573177-1-468269__safe_twilight%20sp

I've seen that one too.  I think it's pretty close, but giving Derpy a classification may be a little too much for a pony that barely appears.  I'd also like to point out the cutie marks used for the CMC and Spike.  They aren't half bad.

• Brohoof 1