Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Twilight Sparkle (and all the other alicorns) technically Disney princesses?

LucasB

Since Hasbro is owned by Disney, wouldn't that make the 5 alicorns Disney princesses? It'd be funny if that was the case, so whenever there's an event where the theme involves Disney princesses such as drawing contests, cosplay, or decorations for something, you can literally make ponies and it will be within the requirements.

No, Hasbro isn’t owned by Disney. All Hasbro has is licensing to make toys based on Disney products like Disney Princess, Marvel, etc. 

• Brohoof 4

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, flurry said:

Ew no thanks x3 I hope they don't sell to disney they already have enough stuff

Doesn't stop me from having the Disney Characters sign next to the MLP characters in my Elements of Harmony book. I tried to get each Disney character I meet at Disneyland sign next to the character or location they remind me of the most. Like Mickey Mouse and Belle sign next to Twilight. Goofy and the Genie next to Pinkie Pie, Snow White next to Fluttershy etc.

The MLP characters and the Disney characters would make really great friends. Plus several Disney villains remind me of several of the MLP villians

No. sometimes Disney work with another company to sell toys. That doesn't mean Disney owns it.

I mean I know there's a trope that says "Disney Owns This Trope" to mean "A company owning the rights to something you wouldn't think could be owned" (This doesn't just apply to Disney) but there are some exceptions to the silly idea that Disney owns everything.