What's the Meaning behind your Username?

SharpWit

well, im a cat. cats have paws, and i love adding -y or -ie on the end of words and names!! and i loooove sprinkles and cakes and sweet treats, so i settled for sprinklepawzy TwT

i just thought itd be cute.. my usernames on other platforms have meanings too!! my steam username was inspired by the kitty hacker virus, and my roblox username was my homestuck ocs chumhandle :3

• Brohoof 2

• 1 month later...

My name is based off both Marvel Comics Beyonder (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beyonder) and DC Comics Anti-Monitor (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-Monitor).

The merging if them based off a collaboration the two companies did in some one shots dubbed Amalgam Comics (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amalgam_Comics).

• Brohoof 2

And yeah the Beyonder's name being part of it is cause my first major attempt at collecting comics regularly started with Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars which among other events is where Spider-Man's alien costume originated although first show in The Amazing Spider-Man #252.

My interest in the comic stemmed fittingly from the 12 parter getting adapted into a 3 part episode of the 1994 Spider-Man animated series.  Suppose to be 4 episodes with the missing episode focusing on the X-Men who are of the 90s TAS version.  But too costly with the main VAs being in Canada and only Storm made it cause her original US voice actor was available.

But yeah anyone who follow the current cartoon Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur, while a different approach, same Beyonder.

Heck the original 12 parter is getting a 5 issue midquel starting this or next week by Tom DeFalco and Pat Olliffe of Spider-Girl.

• Brohoof 1
  • Party! 1

• 4 weeks later...

It's a mix of "Brony" and "Megalovania". Megalovania is music track from the game Undertale. The weird thing, though, is that around the time when I first came up with the name (which is a lot earlier than when I made my MLP Forums account), the Undertale trend had died down a lot.

I was doing a little trolling on the TF2 area of the Steam Powered User Forums one day and found a topic created by a user named 'hat'. As you may be aware, hats are a major part of TF2. Some of the replies were just asking how the OP got such a vaunted username. It seemed that nobody had bothered to try to register it, thinking it must have already been taken. Anyway, that was amusing enough for me and I needed a name for IntenseDebate on EqD. The 988 is because Hat was taken already.

• Delighted Giggle 1

• 2 months later...

Is the name of my OC who is a ponified version of a character am working on my comic

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

It's been a while but I think I got Nightlight from fantasynamegenerators or something while I was designing my OC, and it was just perfect for her.

13 is just the best number! :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

From 2019 to early 2020 I created a female oc called "Mary Stary", my name was originally "Rafa Fast", Rafa is my real name while "Fast" was a reference to Sonic The Hedgehog (which used to be my favorite franchise alongside DBZ)

At the beginning of 2023 I turned Mary into an adult, started to fal in love with her, so she became my wife, a little bit before the "marriage" I adopted "Stary" as my new surname, it wasn't exactly my intention but I'm now Rafa Stary because that's my married name haha :ButtercupLaugh:

• Brohoof 3

The name of my main OC is Slipstream, and one of his many Career's is that he is a lawyer, so I decided to go with Lawyer Slip.  Kinda nice, don'tcha think?

• Brohoof 3

It was a nickname that I got back in high school. Not only is it very similar to my actual name, but it was inspired by the fact that I used to loan out lunch money to my friends. :>

I used to have different usernames for different websites and that got difficult to keep track of. When I signed up to this site, I decided to come up with something universal. Unfortunately, I couldn't think of anything good. "Cash In" was the only thing lingering in my head at the time. So, I said screw it and signed up with it. I'm sure you know the rest of the story. :P

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1

It's a nickname I had in primary school. I actually despise it now but for some reason I kept using it well into my teenage years. Maybe a strange attempt to hold on to my childhood.

• Brohoof 2

I remember looking up what the Japanese equivalent of the word Nemo was, I saw a result that said Kyoshi, I liked how that sounded and boom, it stuck. These days I have no idea if that result was even correct, never bothered to verify it since. :P 

• Brohoof 2

On 2024-03-20 at 7:02 AM, Mirage said:

My username means whatever you want it to. :mlp_smug:

It means to me that you are always there even when you're not "there." It also seems like a play on words since a mirage is like a dream while you are awake, if that makes any sense, lol :yay:

• Brohoof 2

21.JPG.35875fa84b0aa90ed8d050c058f288eb.JPG

*blush* Just a humble Princess, nothing to talk about, nothing special.

And me behind? I try to hold on to her true kind way to listen and understand. She's my teacher and mentor for everything I do in my life.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Princess Celestia said:

21.JPG.35875fa84b0aa90ed8d050c058f288eb.JPG

*blush* Just a humble Princess, nothing to talk about, nothing special.

And me behind? I try to hold on to her true kind way to listen and understand. She's my teacher and mentor for everything I do in my life.

Princess Celestia! I am ashamed! You've told us that we are all special before in our way and you failed to include yourself! Even if you are humble, everycreature is special, especially you your magesty. 

And you in the back. Don't think I don't see you either. I appreciate that true kindness thing, it's really cool.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

38 minutes ago, Lawyer Slip said:

Princess Celestia! I am ashamed! You've told us that we are all special before in our way and you failed to include yourself! Even if you are humble, everycreature is special, especially you your magesty. 

regretfulCelestia.jpg.199bb92b7d3d2fdfe3f5a85ea6373687.jpg

Well, I can be very assertive too. And yes I'am indeed special, considering my royal mission as a Princess.

regretfulCelestia2.JPG.6fa90bb1e8b18fbf9fe713c2d529ccf7.JPG

But as you already know, I don't want to stand in the way of the developing and learning pony. To make others grow and understand the meaning, through their own path.

That's probably what I mean when I take a step back.

• Brohoof 1
  • smile 1

15 minutes ago, Princess Celestia said:

regretfulCelestia.jpg.199bb92b7d3d2fdfe3f5a85ea6373687.jpg

Well, I can be very assertive too. And yes I'am indeed special, considering my royal mission as a Princess.

regretfulCelestia2.JPG.6fa90bb1e8b18fbf9fe713c2d529ccf7.JPG

But as you already know, I don't want to stand in the way of the developing and learning pony. To make others grow and understand the meaning, through their own path.

That's probably what I mean when I take a step back.

I completely understand, but I guess what I'm trying to say is, don't forget that you are also a special pony in this world. A friend of mine once forgot how special they were and nearly died because of it. But I reminded them, and they're still here today. So I understand stepping back, just don't forget to tell yourself you're special. Otherwise, I pray the consequence is not fatal. :blush:

• Hugs 1

(edited)

I just thought shadow moon sounded cool for nmn but the name was already taken so I added dancer in so I could use it for nmn.

After that been too lazy to change it. 

Edited by shadowmoon Dancer
  • Brohoof 3