Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the Meaning behind your Username?

SharpWit

(edited)

Originally I had a different name here, one that I use on several other sites. When I started to think about filling out my profile I remembered the image I used for my Ticket to Ride account. I put it up and decided to take on a new pony-centric handle. After thinking it over and nothing striking me, I suddenly thought... Casey Pones, obviously!

It's a pun on John Luther "Casey" Jones, the real life American railroad engineer who on April 30, 1900 died preventing an otherwise far worse train crash. Since then he's been associated with the look of an American train driver.

I first got into steam trains watching Thomas the Tank Engine, but I fell in love with 1800s American trains thanks to one of my very favourite childhood films, Buster Keaton's The General. Please do not take my love of this film as a sign I support the Confederacy or it's values.

Why did I pick this picture? Same reason I used it for my Ticket to Ride profile. It represents two of my loves, American steam trains and My Little Pony.

Edited by Casey Pones
  • Brohoof 1

My name is based on my OC, Starlight Serenade. I had many ideas of her being an Alicorn traveling through the cosmos helping all creatures alike with her powers and abilities when they gaze upon Starlight, they can find solace and understanding.

"In the quiet of night, when the world hushes its clamor, we find solace in the starlight. Each shimmering speck in the night sky above holds a promise—a whispered secret of eternity. And as we stand here, bathed in their gentle glow, we realize that love, too, is like those distant stars: timeless, infinite, and forever guiding us toward something beautiful."

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, StarlightSerenade said:

My name is based on my OC, Starlight Serenade. I had many ideas of her being an Alicorn traveling through the cosmos helping all creatures alike with her powers and abilities when they gaze upon Starlight, they can find solace and understanding.

"In the quiet of night, when the world hushes its clamor, we find solace in the starlight. Each shimmering speck in the night sky above holds a promise—a whispered secret of eternity. And as we stand here, bathed in their gentle glow, we realize that love, too, is like those distant stars: timeless, infinite, and forever guiding us toward something beautiful."

Perhaps may be worth putting a space between the two names.

image.png.14be0a5a29282840e60fc4d1247439d3.png

Is just barely too long to be kept in one line.

2 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Perhaps may be worth putting a space between the two names.

image.png.14be0a5a29282840e60fc4d1247439d3.png

Is just barely too long to be kept in one line.

I thought it already was before, weird.

image.png.8466264442168e5234b58fa44b0c342a.png