Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the Meaning behind your Username?

SharpWit

Well That's a good question, but easy to answer for me.

Kirby (or Kaabii in Japanese) - The Cute and adorable pink puff ball. I've been a huge fan of this Nintendo Character. I always use this name to come with another name of my favorite character or whatever I come up with in some games.

Fluttershy - The cute and adorable pony that I like (or love) the most. Self-Explanatory Really.

Usually in some cases when my name doesn't fit, I just shorten it to "KirbyShy" to make the same name as I have.

• Brohoof 1

Kazuma Kiryu’s nickname given to him by Majima from the Yakuza games 

Spoiler

And the show has been driving me insane for the last few months 

• Brohoof 1

I was playing with my mom’s dog and asked if she was causing trouble/problems and it came out as one word. My brother started laughing and said No, that’s you. The name stuck, and I’ve been using it online for a hot minute.

• Brohoof 1

On 11/8/2019 at 12:09 PM, anjo said:

Mine's a combination of my two given names.

I really can't make up good names, and "anjo" was also a real-life nickname used by friends and family at the time for me when I first registered myself on... Minecraft, if I remember correctly(?), so I just chose that as my username, and went by that decision ever since.

I just wanted to double check how your name was pronounced, is it "Ahn-joe" or "Ahn-yo"?  For some odd reason, when I see your name I pronounce it "Ahn-yo"... :mlp_wat:  Just something I wanted to clear up with you?

Anyways, I picked Thuja because it fits with my nature theme I have in my aesthetic.  Thuja is part of a scientific name for certain genus of coniferous trees.  I specifically chose it to be short for Thuja Occidentalis, which is a white cedar that is mostly used in ceremonies in my culture.  My name used to be different when I first signed up on here, if anyone remembers that but I changed it when the tree life got to me lol. 

• Brohoof 1

Kamii has been my online nickname for a long time now. I believe I came up with it when I was creating a Youtube account and I was obsessed with Okami at the moment. I decided to keep the "kami" part of it and added the extra 'i' because it was cute (?)

• Brohoof 1

44 minutes ago, Thuja said:

I just wanted to double check how your name was pronounced, is it "Ahn-joe" or "Ahn-yo"?  For some odd reason, when I see your name I pronounce it "Ahn-yo"... :mlp_wat:  Just something I wanted to clear up with you?

Your gut feeling didn't fool you! ;)

A little addition nonetheless: Technically, the "a" vowel isn't stretched in pronunciation, but that's because I - and subsequently my real name -  are both German, and German pronunciation wouldn't stretch the "a" in my real name. But I wouldn't care about such small errors that originate from things that aren't general knowledge.

To stay on-topic, I have to add that I sometimes also used to put my date of birth after the "anjo", resulting in "anjo0803", which I still use for plenty of other online stuff.

I once made a stew, really good one with carrots, beef, onions....... Well I dropped an onion while I was trying to cut it and the splash was grand..... My new nick name was "onion splash". But it was so much more fun to pronounce it as Splashee, plus, the word "onion" is trademarked by Steven Universe anyways.

• Brohoof 1

15 hours ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

Isn’t it obvious? I love Katsuki Bakugou ♥️

842AB3A5-C964-43F4-B185-37BCC46B0DF3.jpeg

What's so special about him? He's just looking like an Ichigo Kurosaki with red eyes anyways.

*Runs for his life* ;;;;;;:sealed:

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

I was a MASSIVE fan of Shadow the Hedgehog as a teen and pre-teen. I straight-up was in love with that little furry edgelord. And one day, I was making my first account on GaiaOnline (nostalgic, right?) and wanted a screen name that referred to him. But all the names with "Shadow" in them were taken!

So my mom suggested I use "ShadO" instead.

It's been 16 years, and I still use it! :squee:

NOTE: This refers to my real screen name "ShadOBabe". I just have my Christmas name on, atm.

Edited by JingLBabe
  • Brohoof 2

A friend of mine several years ago gave me the name "Sir Jackleberry" as a sort of joke thing, but I liked it enough that I decided to keep it.

Over time I started to come up with my own names, until finally I settled on "MargatroidCA", named after my favourite Touhou character Alice Margatroid, with CA added on for Canada.

Then after I 'returned' to this forum I decided to mix the two, so I could keep some elements of my new, current username, while also keeping it recognisable for people who knew me by my original name. :>

• Brohoof 1

My real name is Emerald Heart, or Emerald<3 .

It started off just as "Emerald" because that was the name of my OC I made in 2013, and I addes the original <3 at the end made it look cute.

Then I got to thinking about how cute "Emerald Heart" sounded and completely changed the design of my OC in I wanna say... four years ago? I don't remember.

Well anyway, now her full name is Emerald Heart and she has gone from drab to fab.

"Frosted Heart" is just my Xmas username <3

• Brohoof 1