Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the Meaning behind your Username?

SharpWit

Question's in the title! Our self made identifiers are often unique and tend to peak my curiosity. I'll start with mine.

I was desperately trying to come up with some OC characters for a story that never really got off of the ground, and while I could make designs I was happy with, names at the time were beyond me. Halloween of that year, I was dressed as a prohibition era gangster, and while me and my friends were out trick or treating, someone said I looked sharp. I got rather full of myself with the compliment, and thought that'd be a decent start to a name, now if only I could incorporate something that rolls with it to make it whole, and my genius self went with adding wit. :mlp_icwudt:

It sounded good, felt fitting for myself and the show, and did nothing to dowse my ego so I was all for it. How about the rest of this grand community? What is the meaning behind your username?

I was thinking of an username when I decided to join back in 2015, but couldn’t think of one. Then, it struck me this one as I’d rewatch the Bowser’s Kingdom fan animation shortly before, as a nod to my favorite character in it :kirin:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 1

Originally, I made Will Guide based off the fact that it's similar to my go-to screen name of Wii Guy since I own a Nintendo Wii from 2006 to 2017. 

However, a brilliant connection was made when I thought of making a Changeling OC who shares the body and name of my main Unicorn OC. In my mind, my Changeling OC was the reason Cadence and Twilight managed to get out of those caves during the Changeling invasion of the Canterlot Wedding. My Changeling OC had no name but decided to disobey the Queen's orders to keep the real bride-to-be trapped after Twilight was reunited with Cadence. He had a change of heart and that would change the course of the lives involved forever

He secretly traveled ahead of the lost ponies and used a little magic to light their way out. He thought to himself "I will guide them out of here" over and over. And that single thought on his mind led to him coming up with a new name he wanted Thorax to call him by once they were to run away together. And the rest would soon be history

• Brohoof 1

I always have a hard time being original when thinking up names. I usually just name myself after some character. "Fluttershutter" is just what a Pinkie clone called Fluttershy in "Too Many Pinkie Pies". 

Edited by Fluttershutter
  • Brohoof 1

I don't necessarily have a meaning for my name but i decided to make mine sound unique, so I just

made it as it seemed to fit well and personally I felt it had a nice ring to it :fluttershy:

Edited by StarrySkyDash
  • Brohoof 4

I don't have any rhyme or reason for choosing Dreambiscuit beyond wanting something that sounded dreamy, soft and squishy all at the same time. I used to be on EqF and used a name with similar overtones and thought this was a suitable upgrade. 

• Brohoof 4

Just now, Dreambiscuit said:

I don't have any rhyme or reason for choosing Dreambiscuit beyond wanting something that sounded dreamy, soft and squishy all at the same time. I used to be on EqF and used a name with similar overtones and thought this was a suitable upgrade. 

It’s a dream, like you. :D

• Brohoof 1

I am not great with names, but the nice thing about I'll characters is that their name relates to them in some way. I am into robotics and computer science so I have my character into the same stuff. I wasn't sure about his personality so I wanted to be mysterious at first so wanted enigma, that was taken as it is pretty common. I settle for Eniac because of the first programmable computer the ENIAC

• Brohoof 1

Well, it started all with a nickname for a german Brony forum where I registred on a sunday at 2 AM. I needed a name and it should something with metal into it. And so I came to the idea to make out of Iron Maiden the name IronMetal. IronM17 was later created when I joined DeviantArt. Besides the fact, that I find IronMetal not the best choice aftewards, the name was also already taken on DeviantArt by another user. So I cutted the Metal in my name to M and put my favorite number 17 on it. And so, ironM17 was born. And because of the fact that I made a name into the MLP vector scene under IronM17, I chose to took that name here too.

• Brohoof 1

I was looking for a name for my changeling OC and at first I thought to use a body part name like all changelings have but I couldn't find any that was not that obvious and I didn't like how it was turning out, so I thought I could make a concept name instead related to what they can do. Ittoni means visible "visible" in nahuatl. But the complete name is Ahmo Ittoni, which means "invisible". I chose it because it's related to their ability to transform and hide/disappear easily and is something that they are really good at, and during Chrisallys's reign all changelings were kinda invisible and non relevant as individuals. Also it kinda relates to me since I've always felt that I'm invisible in a way but since the name was a bit long I shortened it to just Ittoni which is the complete opposite and it's... uplifting. It shows how everything changed after Thorax became king.

Smoke Mirror, the name of my changeling's ponisona, is related in the same way to things that are not actually what they appear, it's made up, an illusion, and ultimately not a pony per se. It also ties to Aztecs (because why not) and to Tezcatlipoca, where his name means "black smoking mirror", the god of the night, the shadows, the unknown and knowledge. As a pony they can adquire a special talent unique to them that allows them to use void travel, kinda like what pinkie does which is like teleportation to wherever she wants inexplicably but through the void dimension, and they can disappear into the shadows, also they can stay in the nothing of the void to meditate and have peace and quiet either by traveling through a shadow or by just... closing their eyes and meditate (a bit more uneventful but it works).

Edited by Ittoni
  • Brohoof 1

It’s a username that I believe I began using on forums all of the way back in high school. It’s really as simple as it seems. I’ve always been an envious person, in particular toward other women who are more beautiful than me and also toward people who are more musically talented. I’m not as dramatic about it as years ago, but both do still apply to me, alongside other forms of envy.

• Brohoof 1

My first PC. I had used computers before, but they were either at dad's work or a laptop that dad brought home. This was the first home PC.

Pentium 100MHz, 8MB RAM, 850MB HDD, 6x CD-ROM drive, Windows 95.

I remember Windows 95 being brand new at the time, pretty much everyone else used Windows 3.11.

• Brohoof 1

Mine's a combination of my two given names.

I really can't make up good names, and "anjo" was also a real-life nickname used by friends and family at the time for me when I first registered myself on... Minecraft, if I remember correctly(?), so I just chose that as my username, and went by that decision ever since.

• Brohoof 1

My username comes from the final area in the game Pokemon Snap, I'm a pokemon fan and my favourite pokemon is Mew so I decided to choose a name that was connected with Mew and though Rainbow Cloud sounded cool.

The name's kind of just stuck with me since then :D 

• Brohoof 1