Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the Meaning behind your Username?

SharpWit

• 1 month later...

Toasted Scone specifically is the name of my pony OC, but almost all of my usernames have something to do with scones. I used to get called "super Britishy" all the time, so I started the joke with the scones...and I never really let go of it:please:

• Brohoof 3

Treeglow Flicker can potentially mean forest fire or those lights you find on a Hearth's Warming tree. It just seemed to suit a witch kirin that had the potential to set things on fire through magical mishaps while giving off an innocent vibe. :kirin:

• Brohoof 5

Dizzy Gazelle was chosen by me because:

1) I've been dealing with vertigo and unsteadiness for a while now, with no relief yet in sight, and

2) gazelle are graceful, beautiful, and are very capable on those legs of theirs, all things which I envy and long for.

Beyond that, other names are variations of Dizzy, like my current one, Dizzylis, which is merely a portmanteau of Dizzy and Chryslis. Chrysalis is my fav MLP character. Love my Chryssy. 

Edited by Dizzylis
  • Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Splashee said:

My username is a nick name for a mistake of dropping an onion into a beef stew from a too high distance.

:yay: And here I thought you spent a good time coming up with the name

I forgot if I posted here before or not. Anyways, the Explosion part of my name is a creative “explosion of ideas” thing I made for myself and the Mare part is so I could have a pony brand name to draw attention to my pony YouTube channel.

• Brohoof 4

I used to be WinginWolf (I guess that means I fly or something :wacko: ). I've traditionally used Wolf with something else that starts with a 'W' (WackoWolf,.... yeah :wacko: ). I just like the symmetry of it so I stuck with a WWolf. It's a nice signature to me :P 

• Brohoof 2

It came from a... hard time, honestly. A now gone friend of mine helped me figure out how to slip jester into a seemingly unisex name.

Thus, JESse TERrence was born from there.

I keep it because it reminds me of drossel, my friend. He dropped the fandom and he had heart issues. Back then in 2015, he spent months hospitalized due his heart problems. We lost contact later on as he drifted away from the fandom and as he got a new gf. He didn't have time to hang out with ol' brony me nor with mad (another one of our friends) as our smaller forum community died out.

The jester motif came from that abandoned forum and my role as admin there. We could say I was the comedian who would be insolent and joke on serious topics to make statements or point out whatever issue we were adressing during meetings. I became the "court jester" as I was also the left hand of Drossel(meyer), the owner of the forum. So I went on by Jester Brightside for a while until... eh... I had to keep a low profile and thus changed my screen names and even abandoned my old accounts on several sites when somepony backstabbed me big time.

Tl;dr version:

It derives from an user name I had back in the day during brighter days.

• Brohoof 1

Mine gonna sound super nerdy but.... 

I was really into Star Wars episode 3 the video game at the time I started going into chat rooms so I always named myself Star Wars episode 3 or something and someone said my name was too long so they are like can I just call you star and I’m like sure... people started calling me different things but starlight was the one I liked the most so I went with it and that is how I got my username.

• Brohoof 1

I was gonna go with my YouTube name CMKat, but at the time I was a new brony who didn’t want to be traced to my YouTube channel, so this CatCat was made, and now I just roll with it

• Brohoof 1

The orgin of my name is a bit uncomfirmed. But I am very sure that it was based on Paul Layton (The New Seekers) somehow. 

I was just starting out going online anonymously and used the name Lulaypp for minor, not really interacting with others things (Neopets, Deviant Art, Youtube, etc). Though funnily I didn't use this name for my FFN? And I think it kind of sticked and I started to like it. Especially after people here starts calling me Lula or Lulay. So I decided to just keep it.

Sometimes I have variations, LulaLintar/Lulaypp Halilintar, LulAsh/LulaAsh, and several others, but I like keeping the Lula bit of my name to prevent any potential confusion (as I used to, and sometimes still do, get confuse everytime someone drastically changes their username and I can only recognise them through their forum signature, avatar or name history. Or if I know them enough personality).

• Brohoof 1

It was a name given to me by my closest friend, at least the Myn part was. It's the last part of my first name, she decided to give that part of my name attention when thinking about giving me a nickname and it just kind of stuck. I like to say Mynnie, since it sounds like mini, and the Monster part I like to think of me being a little monster at times. I've faced monsters of my own creation, the monster within myself, and the monsters around me. Plus I like how it sounds!

• Brohoof 1

My username used to be “some guy in a blazer”, one part because I sold suits and blazers at the time, and one part because I’m not all that important.

I changed it to the current one one day as part of an inside joke. Me and a buddy were playing a zombie game and he had to feed his character, so he goes “I just have to open up this can of tuna.”

Me being me, my mind immediately thinks of Healthy Stone Cold Steve Austin. “You wanna see me open up this can of tuna?”

Yeah Steve! I wanna see you open up that pristine can of tuna!

• Brohoof 4

• 1 year later...