movies/tv Disney+ Launches Tomorrow!

YoshiAngemon

So far, I managed to see Roger Rabbit, the film from 1947, "Fun and Fancy Free" featuring Bongo and Mickey & the Beanstalk, and Fantasia. 

So many choices, so I'll have plenty to keep me busy for a long time

• Brohoof 2

3 hours ago, Ayyngel Dust said:

Sounds like another cash grab, like all of these newer streaming services, to further cuck users of Netflix and Hulu.

Honestly, I think I may be the only one to point this out.

Everybody points it out but everybody still pays for this stuff.

Everything I want to see I have on disk and cartoons and most shows I can find online for free.

But I may get hulu for a while when The Orville finally starts airing.

Edited by Fluttershutter

I was able to watch a few good shows, like Doug, Legend of the Three Caballeros, and a few movies that I WANTED to buy on Disney Movie Club, like Davy Crockett: King of the Wild Frontier, The Sign of Zorro, and even a True-Life Adventure about the Living Desert. I even managed to introduce my niece to Darkwing Duck, which is trending now on Facebook and Twitter. Needless to say, I watched FOX Stuff like the Simpsons (Rick and Morty Couch Gag, A Star is Burns with Jay Sherman of "the Critic," and my dad's favorite episode "Homie the Clown"), which needs to have the aspect ratio preserved on the medium, as well as Rookie of the Year. Sure, there was first-day traffic jams, but that was to be expected.

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, YoshiAngemon said:

I watched FOX Stuff like the Simpsons (Rick and Morty Couch Gag, A Star is Burns with Jay Sherman of "the Critic," and my dad's favorite episode "Homie the Clown"), which needs to have the aspect ratio preserved on the medium, as well as Rookie of the Year. 

To be fair, it's not Disney's fault that the aspect ratio of earlier episodes are out of wack.

The service is using the same cropped copies FXX has been using since 2014. Time will tell when they'll be able to fix it

• Brohoof 1

Out of all 57 Disney Animated movies that are listed under the Disney Animated Canon from Snow White to Ralph Breaks the Internet, the only one apparently missing from the DisneyPlus listing is Make Mine Music from the 40s. Perhaps that will be added in the near future.

I also noticed that almost all films made under Disney Toon Studios such as the infamous DTV sequels, most of the Winnie the Pooh films, and the Tinker Belle film franchise is available as well. For better or worse I should one day share my thoughts on the infamous sequels.

I shouldn't overworked myself though

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Out of all 57 Disney Animated movies that are listed under the Disney Animated Canon from Snow White to Ralph Breaks the Internet, the only one apparently missing from the DisneyPlus listing is Make Mine Music from the 40s. Perhaps that will be added in the near future.

I also noticed that almost all films made under Disney Toon Studios such as the infamous DTV sequels, most of the Winnie the Pooh films, and the Tinker Belle film franchise is available as well. For better or worse I should one day share my thoughts on the infamous sequels.

I shouldn't overworked myself though

The Aladdin DTV are pretty stellar, if you ask me.

I'm dad about Make Mine Music. I'm psyched to see Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros :D

Today was the five part pilot of Duck Tales, 1987 (which is #30 something in the order...some of the series have been misnumbered for some reason).

• Brohoof 1

14 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Disney+ doesn't have The Wuzzles, Dave the Barbarian, Lloyd in Space, Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, The Weekenders, or Pepper Ann. 

Give them time, you can suggest these shows and more through their customer service, and give feedback. I suggested the House of Mouse and the two movies linked to it. Not quite what I was looking for, but I figured it was worth a shot.

13 hours ago, PiratePony said:

I'm dad about Make Mine Music. I'm psyched to see Saludos Amigos and Three Caballeros :D

Today was the five part pilot of Duck Tales, 1987 (which is #30 something in the order...some of the series have been misnumbered for some reason).

If you liked The Three Caballeros, then you'll wanna check out Legend of the Three Caballeros. Now that it's on Disney+, you won't need an international app to watch it. I need to continue watching that show. And you'll all be happy to know that in 2020, Disney+ is gonna be fixing the aspect ratio of the Pre-HD Simpsons episodes!

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, YoshiAngemon said:

Give them time, you can suggest these shows and more through their customer service, and give feedback. I suggested the House of Mouse and the two movies linked to it. Not quite what I was looking for, but I figured it was worth a shot.

If you liked The Three Caballeros, then you'll wanna check out Legend of the Three Caballeros. Now that it's on Disney+, you won't need an international app to watch it. I need to continue watching that show. And you'll all be happy to know that in 2020, Disney+ is gonna be fixing the aspect ratio of the Pre-HD Simpsons episodes!

I saw it was there last night and I'm THRILLED!!

• Brohoof 1

On 11/16/2019 at 9:24 PM, PiratePony said:

A lot like the third "King of Thieves" (mostly because Robin Williams came back) but not so much the second "Return of Jafar" due to less quality animation, "Homer Simpson Genie," and a plot that kind of meandered around between characters before the climax however most of the things about the second boil down to it's essentially the pilot to the Aladdin animated series since it establishes Iago as a main character and introduces the reoccurring antagonist Abis Mal........except Disney+ doesn't even have the series!

Couldn't believe it they had the Little Mermaid series, the Hercules series, the Lilo and Stitch series, even the Emperor's New School series but no love for the Aladdin or Tarzan series' a huge draw for me back during the Toon Disney days. hoping to see those get put on eventually only for nostalgia purposes.

19 hours ago, KH7672 said:

A lot like the third "King of Thieves" (mostly because Robin Williams came back) but not so much the second "Return of Jafar" due to less quality animation, "Homer Simpson Genie," and a plot that kind of meandered around between characters before the climax however most of the things about the second boil down to it's essentially the pilot to the Aladdin animated series since it establishes Iago as a main character and introduces the reoccurring antagonist Abis Mal........except Disney+ doesn't even have the series!

Couldn't believe it they had the Little Mermaid series, the Hercules series, the Lilo and Stitch series, even the Emperor's New School series but no love for the Aladdin or Tarzan series' a huge draw for me back during the Toon Disney days. hoping to see those get put on eventually only for nostalgia purposes.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I even requested Aladdin: The Series when giving feedback. I even requested Star Wars: Droids and The Pagemaster when I requested it.

• Brohoof 1

this is great! i mean, disney movies are the best, especially the old ones, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales. Great! But, I find it very unfair, that it's not launched in most countries. USA, Netherlands, Canada were able to get the first bite.  But what about Poland, Belgium, Portugal? Spain as far as I know will get Disney+ only in 2020

• Brohoof 1

On 11/12/2019 at 3:38 PM, Jetset Troblems said:

I got a 3 year deal for having the Disney credit card, which was cool. Unfortunately I’m in Spain, and Disney Plus is not. I can’t watch it until I get home at the end of the month. T_T

im from estonia, the launch is not announced at all, so i feel your pain. how to watch it , try reading this. the only option for now is to watch it with a vpn. surfshark, express, nord are good. or you can wait till 2020 march 31. At least, hooray, that Spain will have it, right?

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, Shimmer Muffin said:

im from estonia, the launch is not announced at all, so i feel your pain. how to watch it , try reading this. the only option for now is to watch it with a vpn. surfshark, express, nord are good. or you can wait till 2020 march 31. At least, hooray, that Spain will have it, right?

The connection I’m on isn’t fast enough to support a VPN.  And Nord isn’t good.

• Brohoof 1

4 hours ago, TheAnimationFanatic said:

The Weekenders is going to be added soon!

So's Cory in the House, a spin-off of That's So Raven centering on her brother Cory Baxter. It's the source of many dank memes. I'd rather have the House of Mouse, with their running gag of O'Malley and the Alley Cats constantly getting cancelled.

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Shimmer Muffin said:

yeah, i've read about this situation. but this article changed my mind - a nordvpn breach between fact and fiction

Either way it took way too long for Nord to disclose the issue to the public. I get that leaks happen, and especially when third party servers are in play, and I also agree that the language in the are technica article was inflammatory, but as a VPN, the improvements on the last article should have been in place in the first place if safety were truly their first priority. If it took them 18 months to figure out the leak, that’s a whole different set of issues. 

All that said, I’m happy to continue debating this with you, but in a different thread, since this one is about Disney+

• Brohoof 1

• 1 month later...

Well, it seems Splash, Disney's first PG film released under their Touchstone banner, has been added to Disney+ today in time for Valentine's Day!

I only saw it once before on a VHS rental back in 2009 when I still had VCR Player. Now, my chance to see it again has come.

• Brohoof 1