Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Art Dump Thread -- New and Improved

Cash In

So I've gotten back into art since I recently managed to score myself a drawing tablet. I'm feeling slightly more confident in my ability, so of course I'll try to share some of my work. I wanted to start out simple, so I drew up Fluttershy. It's a bit rough around the edges, but I'm fairly happy with it, especially seeing as this is my first full piece using the tablet.

neww.thumb.PNG.3823e31524b58611198e2b3cbc255436.PNG

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 9

On 12/2/2019 at 7:15 AM, Cash In said:

So I've gotten back into art since I recently managed to score myself a drawing tablet. I'm feeling slightly more confident in my ability, so of course I'll try to share some of my work. I wanted to start out simple, so I drew up Fluttershy. It's a bit rough around the edges, but I'm fairly happy with it, especially seeing as this is my first full piece using the tablet.

art.thumb.PNG.b5db43e3e9635a446b29625e161fdd83.PNG

Yeah, it's nothing spectacular, but it's a start. I do plan on keeping this new thread updated, as I have my own...plans. :sealed:

Ok, let me give you some little advice so you can improve as you keep practicing.

Have you noticed you have the 4 legs on the foreground? That there is a little perspective problem that at first sight can go unnoticed, but upon closer inspection comes to the eye. You could try to add a line on the 3rd leg (from left to right) to close the gap from where you started the 3rd leg and see how the perspective changes. It probably look less out of place and the leg would be seen at the background instead of the foreground of the pony.

• Brohoof 4

• 2 weeks later...

I appreciate all the comments. I'll try getting started on something new tomorrow, but I can't tell you when it will be finished.

@Jesse Terrence I went and made the change that you suggested. It should now appear in the first post.

• Brohoof 4

3 hours ago, Cash In said:

I appreciate all the comments. I'll try getting started on something new tomorrow, but I can't tell you when it will be finished.

@Jesse Terrence I went and made the change that you suggested. It should now appear in the first post.

Yeah, I saw! You even gave it a slightly darker tone. Good job!

It looks better now, doesn't it?

Next thing to work on would be the hoof she's folding. I can't really pin point where the issues on it are, but I think it's in part some perspective problems and maybe a bit of the anatomy (looks a bit too thin where it connects to the body)..

• Brohoof 3

• 4 weeks later...

Wonderful art! Even though your lines themselves are not as straight as mine your anatomy is FAR above my own as everything looks where it's supposed to be! WELL DONE keep it up! <3

• Brohoof 4

(edited)
4 hours ago, Blivy said:

Wonderful art! Even though your lines themselves are not as straight as mine your anatomy is FAR above my own as everything looks where it's supposed to be! WELL DONE keep it up! <3

I've never been that good with lines due to certain issues. Anyways, I appreciate the feedback!

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, Cash In said:

I've never been that good with lines due to certaiin issues. Anyways, I appreciate the feedback!

Sai should have a line straightening feature to auto smooth lines etc! :grin:

• Brohoof 3

4 hours ago, Cash In said:

Been a while since I posted on here. Anyways, I drew Applejack upon suggestion from a friend.

aj.thumb.PNG.40a5bdfb69646aaccf2c19d75ea79845.PNG

Hehe, I'm the friend! I'm the friend! :squee:

Anyways, she looks adorable, as always! Your art style is so cute.

• Brohoof 2

20 minutes ago, applesjck said:

Hehe, I'm the friend! I'm the friend! :squee:

Anyways, she looks adorable, as always! Your art style is so cute.

The mystery person has revealed themselves, ladies and gentlemen. :P

• Brohoof 3

• 2 months later...

Something different. I drew Lemon Zest from Equestria Girls.

zestyyy.PNG.05d3ea4bfa3bf70aebab1b6a1f214416.PNG

Also, I do appreciate the positive comments and feedback. So, thanks for that.

• Brohoof 4