Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is Celestia infertile?

eventyraren

I have a theory That explains flurry hart. If a alicorn gives breath That child Will be an Alicorn. Other That flurry hart there is NO explonation fore That, But celestia has been round fore more than 1111 years, are you telling me she never given breath.
There is NO evidense of any child anywhere. Maby thats why she was looking fore a sucsesser like Twilight and Sunset, she can't have children.

The only problem with this theory is Blueblood, he is a distent nephew of celestia and a Unicorn not an alicorn. So maby Luna hade children before the nightmare moon incident. And my theory That Alicorn give birth to Alicorns is wrong.

That still dont explain why in 1111 years celestia never haid a child to give the throne to and have to look for a sucsesser elsewhere.

What do you all think?

• Brohoof 1

Plenty of woman never give birth by choice, and you have to get pregnant in the first place, so not difficult to avoid. She could very well have an oath of celibacy to both maintain her image as a demi-goddess and to avoid conflicts of inheritance and what not. Plus it might be depressing to take on and form relationships so serious and intimate that you'll outlive by several magnitudes.

Blueblood is probably in a similar but lesser boat than Cadence, where there is no blood relation but you obtain the title through being or having a family member that was adopted at some point, or perhaps there was once a section of Equestria that was once independent but ruled by a remnant of a/the Unicorn Tribe, and when they were eventually incorporated into the rest of the country, they maintained certain privileges. Similar to how there's varying levels of royalty and nobility within European countries today they historically are made up by many kingdoms and divisions.

Flurry Heart's birth is a great deal, and we don't know what it'll result in. The consequences can be long lasting, and they could be positive and/or negative. Our leaders have a duty to live cautiously in this regard.

She simply understands how contraceptive methods work and Cadance doesn't.

Seriously now, she simply hates babies. Actually seriously now, the writers for the show didn't care about that. I don't either, but I like the idea that Celestia is actually a big awkward virgin that understands romance and relationships about as much as she understands ruling a nation. didn't have children because she didn't want a big mess when she would eventually step down from the throne. As though that whole thing actually made any sense or the writers would understand anything about that.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Number62 said:

@Metemponychosis

Considering how... unimpressive Princess Celestia is, being her offspring would be shameful.

Please be nice. You don't have to buck flank to be an impressive pony.

If Celestia haven't sent back all those friendship letters from Season 1 to snap Twilight back to what's really important about Friendship, Discord would have had a permanent victory in Season 2 premiere.

It goes unnoticed by most, but Celestia actually DID indirectly saved the day one time. And that's better than nothing at all.

Also, just because Celestia doesn't have offspring, that doesn't gaurantee she's infertile. Maybe she simply doesn't want children of her own. It's her life and her decision.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:27 PM, Osoka_Topez said:

Can someone help me to understand what this person is really trying to say, because I'm having trouble here. Sorry

OP is wondering why Celestia doesn't seem to have any apparent and/or direct offsprings despite her age, and OP also has a headcanon that she had to look for a successor in Twilight (and Sunset previously) to find a successor to eventually abdicate her (and Luna's) throne to.

On 12/31/2019 at 11:41 PM, Will Guide said:

Please be nice. You don't have to buck flank to be an impressive pony.

If Celestia haven't sent back all those friendship letters from Season 1 to snap Twilight back to what's really important about Friendship, Discord would have had a permanent victory in Season 2 premiere.

It goes unnoticed by most, but Celestia actually DID indirectly saved the day one time. And that's better than nothing at all.

I don't need Princess Celestia to be a "buck flank," and she is still unimpressive to me even if I aside the fact that she isn't a "buck flank."

There is more I would like to add about Princess Celestia's being unimpressive, but I don't want to derail the thread.

And when did she indirectly save the day, exactly? I'm iffy about counting that as help unless her help made a direct contribution toward the resolution of a problem.

I think a lot depends on if you believe the "chessmaster" theory of Celestia (pretty much called out explicitly in the last season) that she gave Twi just enough support and guidance that she could tackle each crisis as it arose, because she was grooming her for leadership and eventually the throne.  Which is fair enough; although there are some (a lot of!) side stories too, the entire series is built around Twi's personal growth and increasing status; By contrast, look at the EqG Twi - who isn't being pushed this way, so is basically moondancer but without the self-pity.

On the other hoof, you could also make the case that the Tree is the one pushing not only Twi but the royal sisters too, especially once it starts ordering ponies around directly via the Cutie Map.

I don't think that's the case. I'm more inclined to believe that she didn't have any offsprings, due to personal choice. That's not too farfetched, considering that Celestia finding the appropriate partner would be devastating in some ways, as she would have outlived them.