Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Pony Life flyer.

CastletonSnob

Hasbro put out a flyer about Pony Life, explaining what they're aiming for with the brand.

1583099272042.jpg

The thing that bothers me is, "Slice of life stories that modern kids can relate to". That gives me the feeling that Hasbro will go full, "How do you do, fellow kids?" with the show.

1 hour ago, VG_Addict said:

Hasbro put out a flyer about Pony Life, explaining what they're aiming for with the brand.

1583099272042.jpg

The thing that bothers me is, "Slice of life stories that modern kids can relate to". That gives me the feeling that Hasbro will go full, "How do you do, fellow kids?" with the show.

That’s just marketing speak tailored to parents of young kids. That flyer isn’t intended to speak to content quality. Almost all animated programming (good and bad) is built with modern relatability in mind. 

44 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Isn't that how we ended up with disco ponies in pop socks in a previous generation?

Also Gravity Falls, Loud House, Star, etc

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Jeric said:

Also Gravity Falls, Loud House, Star, etc

True, and those didn't suck. But they weren't Hasbro properties, and Hasbro's track record isn't good. I could mention "jem and the holograms" too...

Nothing about the flyer really concerned me or told me anything I didn't already know. Everything we've seen leading up to now has essentially been flat-out telling us this show is going to be a comedy spin-off trying to reel in a younger crowd. 

33 minutes ago, Bas said:

Uhm, as weird as this sounds, does anypony here know if these stop-motion Pony Life videos are the real PL stuff or just some form of mini series?

The flyer mentions a short form YouTube series. I think it means the stop-motion shorts.

6 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

That gives me the feeling that Hasbro will go full, "How do you do, fellow kids?" with the show.

Implying the series hasn't become that already

Honestly nothing in that flier doesn't really say any more than what we already know, and if the stop-motion shorts are anything to go by, I don't think it'll do too bad

Rarity looks really really weird in that pic tho

4 hours ago, CypherHoof said:

True, and those didn't suck. But they weren't Hasbro properties, and Hasbro's track record isn't good. I could mention "jem and the holograms" too...

They have a recent positive track record with Pony. A show reinvented for a then modern audience. I mean it’s been 12 years since Faust started that, but that is the general broad approach she made. It’s possible that we’ll get something along the lines of My Little Pony Friends, which by some measures was acceptable to mediocre. 

I’m just saying that people place way too much emphasis on promotional and marketing pitches than should be given. Way too much. You have to try and ignore that stuff to try and prevent forming an emotional reaction, not for general cynicism avoidance ... but because it also opens you up to the psychological hold when something appeals to you sight unseen. Marketing mind control wizards are of the devil. 

4 minutes ago, Megas said:

Rarity looks really really weird in that pic tho

She looks PG-13 rated. Might be for the adult fan base :P

• Brohoof 1

I'm not a fan of any of it. The YouTube shorts severely lack Hasbro tier quality for a franchise they want to maintain or rebuild. It's really hard for me to understand what the 'direction' of all this is.

I just listened to the audio commentaries on the Season 1 DVD release. The VA's and the producers and even our men Wootton and Ingram participated and let me tell you - those 'grown men and women' really love the show and are very proud of the artistic content that it had. I didn't detect any sort of fake stiff upper lipped 'I better force myself to be happy and positive about this' attitude - they were all very much into watching the episodes and explaining how/why they did things.

'We all love the ponies' - Hasbro producer (adult male)

This I believe, is what we want. A work of art that gleams with dedication and skill.

Why make a 'kids show' that they will grow out of when you can maintain a franchise these kids will grow up with and love for decades? (that means they'll keep buying stuff)

I'm frustrated. The ending of the show and now this strange carrot being dragged around by Hasbro. It's just...frustrating.