Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Alternate relationships for Lyra and Bon Bon

Latecomer

So as the series closed, a popular, long-running fandom ship was finally canonised. And I hope they'll be very happy with each other.

But when those characters were first seen and heard, even glimpsed together, their relationship was not uet defined. Even after Slice of Life, there was room for interpretaion. 

So the above has two meanings - if not a couple, who are they to each other? And if not a couple, who else might make good matches for them? Have you seen ani fics which paired them in different waus?

If they weren't a couple then they'd just be best friends. The absolute best of friends who stare longingly into each others eyes in a completely platonic manner and snuggle up nice and close when it's cold because what's better than getting all snuggly with your best buddy? Maybe that's really why they got married, no romance here, just they're such unbelievably good friends who else could they marry? Nobody can compete with their best friend after all.

Not gonna lie, I like the LyraBon ship but the idea that they aren't a couple and just got married out of pure friendship is both kind of hilarious and also totally adorable in it's own way. So I'm not sure I'd ship them with anypony else if they weren't a canon couple, I think instead I'd just double down on Friendshipping them real hard.

• Brohoof 2

• 1 year later...

I simply believe that they were created to represent the greatest gift that can ever be given and an untouchable value like friendship. I am not against the ship, but I am none other than one of the ships, and as a great notator of the details and since nothing has been officialized by the authors for me it is free interpretation. In fact, in my opinion, the exchange of rings was a symbol of the friendship that bound them, as for us it is a heart-shaped necklace shared with your best friend. And marriage is a symbol of their union and of "marrying" the cause of the strong bond that a true friendship can create, it does not necessarily have to become something more, because many times true friends are better to whom you can tell everything else. of things like that. Then it is clear that the supporters of the ship perceive it like this and it is not even a bad thing, for heaven's sake. But Hasbro being very careful about these things, hidden almost as many other times there are these innocuous and pure symbols inside the cartoon. It is also right that it is not formalized because everyone can have their opinion on something and we must respect each other and as this masterpiece of my little pony teaches us not to divide us by rankings but to respect each other ľ another ľ not to give space to discord and wickedness xhe seeks to spread the enemy. So simply this. #I LOVE MLP❤❤❤

And furthermore, I've found these important things to make the things clear ant let the own interpretation.

I'm from Italy so the second photo translated means: Symbol of an eternity friendship to give as a gift, with a jewel.

Screenshot_20210729-041533_Google.jpg

20210729_041330.jpg

On 2020-03-23 at 3:39 PM, Denim&Venöm said:

So like, if they weren't cannon? 

I'd actually do this:

post-18785-0-98237000-1419492706.png

On 2020-03-23 at 6:13 PM, ShadOBabe said:

Hmm... Bon Bon/Donut Joe? *secret agent music starts*

I support both of these ships because everypony ends up happy in the end. :D

• Brohoof 1

So as you saw in the files, the rings means an eternity relationship between persons, and obviously also friendship, a continuity of some relationship forever, like a friendship relationship, in fact we saw even that in the future they're still together and their friendship is stronger and never die, even if they're married with somebody, for example, their friendship is still alive.

And that's is the symbolism that we could see in MLP FIM.

Nothing is done without reason and logic, and MLP everything even if we do not see it transmit us good values and it's one of the reasons that I LOVE IT.

And I decide to bring a covenant with my little pony with an immaginary ring that this love for MLP will never die.

#PONY FOREVER💞🦄