Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Which direction do you like to draw ponies?

LucasB

I know it's a pretty random question but I just realized I'm actually better at drawing ponies facing right rather than left. I'm not sure if anyone else have a preference?

• Brohoof 2

Facing left. It is just something I do for all drawings, not just ponies.

I recommend having characters facing right if you do video game art for 2D, since facing left would mean the character is moving in the negative direction, thus having a direction set as default (by my standards). In order to change a direction, someone must first press the controller's direction, which causes the player to move, in this case negative as moving towards the left (facing left), so the default should be, facing right, ready to move right (positive). :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

I prefer to draw ponies facing the front, there's less you can do with dynamic poses but I find their faces cuter when they're looking at the camera

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Odyssey said:

I prefer to draw ponies facing the front, there's less you can do with dynamic poses but I find their faces cuter when they're looking at the camera

I was just going to say something like that, only it is also easier to draw the nose, as well as make the face more human looking. :coco:

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...