Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How I Would Fix The Ending of The End Part 1&2 (Spoiler Warning)

YoungJustice12334

PART ONE

Grogar (real Grogar) sends the 3 villains raid Equestria as normal, but keeps his own involvement a secret. Discord catches wind, tries to stop them, loses his magic and runs back to tell Twilight the 3 villains teamed up and are coming. Part one is essentially just a condensed version of both parts of the finale as it happened where The Windigos appear, everypony in Equestria gets captured, everyone gets freed, everypony in Equestria comes to Twilight's aid against the 3 villains, who get defeated by The Mane 6 and get turned to stone. The Heroes thinks they've won, until Grogar reveals himself to have been behind everything in the cliffhanger, which will Tie into Part 2.

Also, In The Summer Sun Setback Episode, It would be Grogar who actually sends his allies to drive a wedge between the unicorns, pegasi and earth ponies. That's the only change I would make.

PART TWO 

Grogar's plan and motives are revealed by the beginning of the episode: He send the 3 villains in before him as a sort of shield to protect him, and a small part of him knew Twilight and her friends would defeat them but also knew they'd get enough work done to let him follow through with his plan: to reawaken Nightmare Moon in Luna. It is revealed that he is the magical essence that came over her and transformed her into Nightmare Moon a thousand years ago (which both finally solves the still-standing mystery of why that ever happened, as well as ties Grogar to the roots of the story. Grogar's colored blue so it makes sense, pretty sure that's how that works, right? 

But Twilight won't allow Equestria to face that kind of peril again, and she banishes both herself and Grogar to the Moon. While there, she converses with Grogar, explaining that while he escaped this banishment before, she has chosen to imprison herself with him and is willing to stay there forever to make sure he can never threaten Equestria again. Back on the ground, everyone is mourning the sudden loss of their most beloved Princess; Celestia and Luna dealing with their own demons from the past with this one. Celestia remarks that Luna only ever got free in Season 1 because Celestia missed her sister too much to keep her banished forever, but that as long as Twilight continues to maintain it, the spell is designed to be completely unbreakable, but in her assessment she forgets the fact that there is still one kind of magic stronger than any other: The Magic of Friendship.

The love of every citizen of Equestria for Twilight and all of her friends end up being strong enough to break the spell, no matter how strong, and free Twilight from the Moon. When she realizes she's back in Equestria, she is filled with dread, knowing that without her to keep Grogar at bay, he will always be a threat to Equestria. Twilight's friends remind her that they can always deal with whatever comes their way, but only as long as they're all together. Everyone rejoices, big celebration, donut ending as normal. 

• Brohoof 1

I wonder what would be Grogar's reasons for reawakening Nightmare Moon within Luna and causing NMM to happen in the first place?
Like what did he planned to do with Nightmare Moon?  
Really I wished the writers could have explored much more with Luna's dark powers and darker split personality honestly.

20 hours ago, nightshroud96 said:

I wonder what would be Grogar's reasons for reawakening Nightmare Moon within Luna and causing NMM to happen in the first place?
Like what did he planned to do with Nightmare Moon?  
Really I wished the writers could have explored much more with Luna's dark powers and darker split personality honestly.

I honestly feel the same way you do Nightshroud, but what do you think of the way I wrote the ending of the end Two-Parter?

I don't like the idea of sidelining the Villain Trio, honestly.

That's kinda the ultimate problem with the finale no matter how you slice it: Someone has to be margianalized. Either Grogar is sacrificed for the Villain Trio, or the Villain Trio are sacrificed for Grogar. And since the season has put far more emphasis on developing the villain trio, and they're the ones the audience is already invested in, they're the ones who make the most sense to get all the focus in the end, I think. Cramming everything to do with them into part 1 does them really dirty.

And bringing Luna and Nightmare Moon up out of nowhere feels a bit forced to me. She didn't really have much of a presence throughout the season like, say, Discord did. It could work, but you'd need to build up to it.