Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

$1000 goal reached (part 3: The Igloo Fix-up)

Trot Shuffle

post-36804-0-31245600-1479996431_thumb.png.d4b1b003e51bf5a02641526c6d2d420f.png

$1000 goal unlocked! :flutterhat: (part 3)
The Igloo Fix-up

Backstory

Spoiler

(for additional context please see this and that)

@Auroraderp: "Help, help!"

@Astralshy: "Hello, yes? What's the problem?"

@Dynamo Pad: "Yeah, what's going on?"

@Auroraderp: "Iglooshy is stuck inside this pokeball! We need to do something!"

@Dynamo Pad: "Oh no, that's terrible! Is everything okay in there?"

@Trot Shuffle: "It's cold... and dark... and I don't know where my igloo is!"

@Astralshy: "Don't you worry, I will free our igloo friend."

@Dynamo Pad: "That would be wonderful!"

@Astralshy: "This won't take long, stay put you lovelies!"

@Auroraderp: "We'll stay here, don't worry!"

@Auroraderp: "I can't wait to see that igloo again."

@Dynamo Pad: "Wait, didn't Trot say something about the igloo being missing?"

@Auroraderp: "Hmm... what if we make a new igloo, like a surprise?"

@Dynamo Pad: "That's a great idea! I know just the kirin who can help too!"

@Treeglow Flicker : "I did NOT throw that pokeball!"

@Dynamo Pad: "Huh? I was going to ask if you could help us design an igloo since you're great at designing?"

@Treeglow Flicker : "Oh, thank you. Umm, yes. I can do that."

@Auroraderp: "Yay! This will be a lot of fun!"

@Dynamo Pad: "Great! We'll make this the best igloo ever!"

Okay everyone, here's the rundown!

As you can see, Iglooshy's igloo is gone, so while the friendly neighborhood Orb deals with... uh, whatever is going on there... a new igloo has been built and we need your help to decorate it!

Spoiler

Trots_Igloo.png?ex=65be87ce&is=65ac12ce&hm=0623244be3dce56455a11818b46a158319226d8c05390b070b3b8021d292e6d0&

Thank you @Treeglow Flicker  for the igloo template! :hug_day:

5 people at a time will be picked randomly to help decorate the igloo by suggesting one item they can think of, starting with donors.
We'll be going up to 25 total items (that means 25 people!)

The people who are tagged will be the order that they should go.
If the people tagged goes as follows:
Person 1, Person 2, Person 5, Person 3, Person 4

Then the order will be: Person 1 -> Person 2 -> Person 5 -> Person 3 -> Person 4

So, if you are picked, then please wait for your turn!

To help make this process smoother, please tag the next person in line so they know for sure that it's their turn. ;)

Items can be drawn or edited in. It doesn't have to be detailed!

Items can be added on anyone else's items, but please make sure to not cover other items too much!
Example of what IS allowed: Person 1 adds a table; Person 2 adds a scented candle on the table.
Example of what is NOT allowed: Person 1 adds a table; Person 2 adds a big storage box in front of the table, making it very difficult to see the table.

Any provided items don't have to make any sense being inside of an igloo! :muffins:

That means it can be anything from silly items to functional furniture, or functional items to silly furniture!

Yep! Anything goes as long as:
- it follows site rules
- it isn't too complex or big. We need to leave space for other items too!

After you are picked and have shared your addition (reply to this thread!), please let us know about any member to replace your spot on our spinny wheel! We want to include anyone who didn't or wasn't able to donate to MCM this time!

Who should you pick?
- somewhat active members
- they are okay with participating
- no repeats! They can't already be picked or a replacement for someone else

Example: Person 1 gets picked, posts their addition and says they want Person 6 to replace their spot since they were not able to donate but are active on the forums. When we pick the next batch of participants, they now have a chance to participate!

Let's have some fun and surprise the Iglooshy with a fantastic igloo replacement!

Here are the first to be picked, starting off with our full list of donors:
@Luna the Great of all the Russias, @Curious Ge0rge, @Rainbow Cloud, @North Star, and @Chaos-404-Not-Found!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.305ce65fe14e257b0c07dc8f867182e0.png

What will you put inside the igloo? :ooh:

Remember to go one at a time!

• Brohoof 5
  • Excited 7
  • Party! 1
  • Hugs 1

(edited)

Am making this post to make the point that I have not forgotten nor otherwise neglecting this thread. I am currently in the process of drawing my addition to the igloo. Apologies for not making the addition more promptly, but I do expect I will be finished fairly soon.

One thing I am not too sure about is how the proportions of items should be in relation to the overall size of the image. May post multiple versions so that whichever seems most reasonable can be used.

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1
  • Hugs 1

48 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

Am making this post to make the point that I have not forgotten nor otherwise neglecting this thread. I am currently in the process of drawing my addition to the igloo. Apologies for not making the addition more promptly, but I do expect I will be finished fairly soon.

That's okay! I didn't put any time or date limit, so please don't feel too much pressure! ;)

49 minutes ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

One thing I am not too sure about is how the proportions of items should be in relation to the overall size of the image. May post multiple versions so that whichever seems most reasonable can be used.

That's a great idea! This would help as a loose guide for everyone else, too!

I want to quickly expand upon something while I'm still here: It's okay to partially go over someone else's item if it's necessary, just as long as their item is still visible!

You can also add onto someone else's item if needed! Just make sure you don't change it too much and remember to add one item of your own if you want to do this.

Think about this like it's a collage! :eager:

I am nearly finished my addition: only a few minor things left to draw.

21 hours ago, Trot Shuffle said:

That's a great idea! This would help as a loose guide for everyone else, too!

Actually, perhaps for reference, would you (or Treeglow Flicker, or anyone else involved) be able to post an image of a pony from the show or perhaps the height of an average person into the igloo just for the sake of getting an idea of how large the igloo is intended to be?

• Brohoof 2

(edited)

@Curious Ge0rge

I finally finished my entry. I still do not know what the intended scale of the igloo is supposed to be, so I included four different versions, so whichever seems most appropriate can be used. I can further re-edit it to re-scale it if none of the following seem quite appropriate in size. 

100% scale.

Spoiler

Igloo0.thumb.png.d5b10e831f918712165317f2f9aff569.png

75% scale.

Spoiler

Igloo1.thumb.png.4b3d9f97e56a360399b77044f6f56f2b.png

50% scale.

Spoiler

Igloo2.thumb.png.bfc4b2c37831c5c2bcce872193f53655.png

25% scale.

Spoiler

Igloo3.thumb.png.0fdeddce5b8fef6d28e7fbb4ca2ff8f2.png

Edited by Luna the Great of all the Russias
  • Brohoof 1
  • smile 2
  • Excited 1
  • Party! 1

12 hours ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

@Curious Ge0rge

I finally finished my entry. I still do not know what the intended scale of the igloo is supposed to be, so I included four different versions, so whichever seems most appropriate can be used. I can further re-edit it to re-scale it if none of the following seem quite appropriate in size. 

100% scale.

Hide contents

Igloo0.thumb.png.d5b10e831f918712165317f2f9aff569.png

75% scale.

Reveal hidden contents

50% scale.

Reveal hidden contents

25% scale.

Reveal hidden contents

According to you, @Curious Ge0rge, is my alt account. Therefore, my decree here is for the 100% scale. :orly: Thank you for totally tagging me in this.

• Brohoof 1
  • Shocked 1

On 2024-01-25 at 8:02 PM, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

@Luna the Great of all the Russias, so sorry about the late response! :blush:

Here, somewhere between 50% to 75% scale should be max size, though it would be better around 50% or so.

Also, are there any active forum members that you'd like for me to swap your spot for the next batch? You can send me a private message with the name if you want to keep it a surprise :coco:

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, North Star said:

presidential igloo :) nice addition

large.png

Hahah right? 

On 1/27/2024 at 12:19 AM, Trot Shuffle said:

@Luna the Great of all the Russias, so sorry about the late response! :blush:

Here, somewhere between 50% to 75% scale should be max size, though it would be better around 50% or so.

Also, are there any active forum members that you'd like for me to swap your spot for the next batch? You can send me a private message with the name if you want to keep it a surprise :coco:

Only 50%%%% ??? *rowdy crowd slams utensils on the table as if awaiting for food* go big or go home!!! Raaa raaa raaa 

(lol just kidding. You event coordinators are doing great and I’m curious to see the final result) 

PASS THE BUTTER!

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • Leaves 1

• The topic was pinned

I will need special aid in putting my addition in the igloo as I have 0 skills in editing images, but knowing how much @Trot Shuffleloves butter...

They need a fridge filled with butter in there :fluttershy:

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1

On 2024-01-28 at 9:13 PM, North Star said:

presidential igloo :) nice addition

large.png

and yes, to clarify, the iglooshy needs a Fluttershy brushable and toy soldiers :3 I know my eskimo house would never be complete without one.

• Brohoof 1

12 hours ago, Trot Shuffle said:

Ah wait, @Silky The Smoll did you make the butter for @Sir Hugsalot? It'd have to be placed down somewhere in the last edit then :kindness: :fluttershy:

Oh! Right! Sure! I believe @Sir Hugsalotis a busy bee. So, I may post it here in his honor :v 

Spoiler

image.png

There we are! Also... sorry @Luna the Great of all the Russias.... there was no other table to put the butter into. :please:

With permission of @Sir Hugsalot if this is to your liking, then @Rainbow Cloud you are UP! :fluttershy:

This is fun!

• Brohoof 2
  • smile 1

2 minutes ago, Silky The Smoll said:

Oh! Right! Sure! I believe @Sir Hugsalotis a busy bee. So, I may post it here in his honor :v 

Hide contents

image.png

There we are! Also... sorry @Luna the Great of all the Russias.... there was no other table to put the butter into. :please:

With permission of @Sir Hugsalot if this is to your liking, then @Rainbow Cloud you are UP! :fluttershy:

This is fun!

that table needs to be like, 20% bigger

:P I keed, the igloo office needs a smoll desk if it is to have more furniture!

• Delighted Giggle 1
  • smile 1

On 2024-02-08 at 2:09 PM, Silky The Smoll said:

Reveal hidden contents

image.png

This is fun!

@Rainbow Cloud

The resolution of the image provided which includes the butter is rather small at 700x494 instead of the original 8185x5787. I assume it is ideal to maintain the original resolution, so I re-inserted the butter as close to the same position as the image provided above.

image.thumb.png.09c96e9ab0107ff59728081f0611d22c.png

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 2

1 hour ago, Luna the Great of all the Russias said:

@Rainbow Cloud

The resolution of the image provided which includes the butter is rather small at 700x494 instead of the original 8185x5787. I assume it is ideal to maintain the original resolution, so I re-inserted the butter as close to the same position as the image provided above.

image.thumb.png.09c96e9ab0107ff59728081f0611d22c.png

Thanks, I hadn't realised and had been using the low resolution image :) 

I've completed the item but the resolution's too low because of working from the small image, currently working on a high resolution version but probably won't be ready till the end of tomorrow.

• Hugs 1

Step by step, Heart to heart, Left right left, We're on the ground, Like Toy Soldiers. Bit by bit, Playing our part, We never win, But the battle wages on, For Toy Soldiers.

25zVpRS.png

tried my best to put the lil guys in, using my MS Paint skills :P

• Brohoof 2

I was told that EpicEnergy is taking a little break for a while so he won't be able to fulfill his part, which means we'll be moving to batch 2 :coco:

My last spinny wheel broke (who would've thought that spinning a spinny wheel so much would break it???) BUT! I have a replacement!

This time it will be 6 people for batch 2 to make up for batch 1 :fluttershy:

New and improved Spinny Wheel 2 has picked these fine folk in this order: @Sophie, @Iforgotmybrain, @Brony Number 42, @Skylight Scintillate, @Shiny Silvermoon, and @Cash In!

Let's get to decorating! :yay:

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

5 minutes ago, Sophie said:

I will add a box of twilights finest soap collection! :izzy-shine:

Polish_20240216_043023398.png

YOU SHOULD POST A LINKTO THE CLUB THAT THAT SOAP BOX REFERENCES!! :laugh:

@Iforgotmybrain you’re up next! :coco:

Pleas tag the next user in line when you’re done <3 thank you!

• Excited 1