Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can Pony Life get any better?

TimberHumphrey2

look, i know there are people who like Pony Life so far, and that's totally fine. you do you. but i'm just sharing my opinion, and to me: the only thing i genuinely liked in this show was the scene with Rarity doing a Gollum impersonation in one of the latest episodes. everything else to me just feels so forced, cheap and half-assed, and everything that made FiM so great feels like it was just thrown out the window for the sake of CalArts animation and juvenile comedy. i'm hoping the show gets better down the road, but my hopes are extremely low right now, so i kinda doubt it.

Some people are quite disagreeing with you, either enjoying it already or are saying it gets even better.

You can have different content and shows for different audiences.

(edited)

For me they've all been in the range of "not bad" to "hilarious", and we've seen nearly half of them now so I'm not expecting some massive shift in tone or quality at this point. For someone who can't stand any of them so far, I'd definitely recommend just not watching any more of it and doing something else with your free time instead. Maybe try it again in the future when you're in a different mood (after all, I was first exposed to FiM about a decade before it clicked with me).

However, a lot of what I love about MLP:FiM only became apparent after watching several episodes, because it just takes that long to establish enough depth to the setting and that many characters in it to make you care deeply about all of them. So in that sense, I can definitely see Pony Life as a whole getting better in a "sum greater than the parts" way if the later episodes continue to be good.

Edited by Ixrec

It’s fine to ignore Pony Life because it’s a cheaper spinoff of FIM.... which they clearly aren’t pretending otherwise. I find it entertaining enough and in a way, hold the Mane 6 for a while longer before their inevitable departure :sunny:. They at least didn’t commit the greatest sin. Make the characters in-name only: each one of the ponies have their quirks exaggerated, but they still feel like themsel:catface:ves 

Pony Life is the highlight of Generation 4. It needs to pick up the quality fast, or we bronies will be remembered as fools for liking a show meant for little girls!