Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming Your opinion on ultra-violent games?

Vefka

Your opinion on ultra-violent games?  

31 users have voted

1. 1. Your opinion

• Don't care
    • Dislike

That depends. I loved Doom 2016 so much I played through the whole campaign in one sitting, but extreme violence in basically any other game makes me feel queasy. I think it comes down to what's in the game. In Doom it's just demons, so no big deal, but I don't necessarily like lots of gore when humans are the ones being killed.

• Brohoof 2

Hmmm, well honestly I don't have much of opinion when it comes to violent video games, I mean I don't personally play them because they're not really what I'm into (I'm more into city building games like Sim City or Cities Skylines and other similar games). If some people like to play violent video games then I guess that's their thing, I won't judge them or care either way if they do or don't, because we all have our own tastes in entertainment after all :fluttershy: 

• Brohoof 2

Love em.  I think games are a great way to face and explore some of the darkest and most twisted facets of humanity in a safe and harmless way.  I eat up all the violence and adult content that video games can throw at me, and it didn't turn me into a psychopathic killer irl.  In fact, real life suffering and violence makes me nauseated and terrified beyond words.  Who'da thunk it?

• Brohoof 1

On 9/25/2020 at 10:34 AM, Envy said:

So... I got brave and decided to just go ahead and try it. I went into the settings and turned off the blood immediately. I ended up playing it. The whole way through. I even Platinumed the game. The very first time I ever Platinumed a game. Yup, that's right. Odyssey was such a finely-tuned game, that even I wanted to play it and 100% it.

Good that someone likes this game. For me the series is dead after AC: Unity because they decided to "improve" unique and beautiful combat mechanics into just average combat

57 minutes ago, Vefka said:

Good that someone likes this game. For me the series is dead after AC: Unity because they decided to "improve" unique and beautiful combat mechanics into just average combat

I found the combat to be fun. The stealth tactics that former AC games were known for cause high-stress. Odyssey's combat is exaggerated (seriously, there's an ability you can learn that sends enemies flying), but not stressful, so it's a big plus for me.

I really like GTA Vice City because it is a wonderful 1980s saga with great songs!

But I do don't like GTA 5, and it's getto gangster thing, and rap. It is not my thing!

• Brohoof 1