Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

what exactly do magic laser beams actually do when they hit a living creature?

Ittoni

We have seen that magic lasers can blow things up like they were hit by a cannon ball or a bomb or something, and they can cut things in half. So when a pony gets hit by one they act all hurt but what does that actually entail? How does that even feel? 

Do they like internally burn or something? Is it like a punch to the face? Because they are quite resistant to punches if the can take a cannon ball to the face and recover quite quickly with no scratches or external signs of damage of any kind if that's the case. 

And yeah I know, it's a freaking cartoon and that is not to be though about because it just needs to convey the idea that they got hurt, I'm not completely retarded. I'm just bored.

• Brohoof 2

I believe it’s meant to act as a light force. The rainbows “put the light” inside of the characters filled with darkness. I assume the villains would feel a bit of a burning sensation along with momentary blindness. As for how creatures like Discord turn to stone, that I’m not sure of. I honestly don’t get how the Mane 6 or the princesses get to choose what happens to certain bad guys.

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I believe it’s meant to act as a light force. The rainbows “put the light” inside of the characters filled with darkness. I assume the villains would feel a bit of a burning sensation along with momentary blindness. As for how creatures like Discord turn to stone, that I’m not sure of. I honestly don’t get how the Mane 6 or the princesses get to choose what happens to certain bad guys.

That makes sense :huh:

• Brohoof 1

25 minutes ago, Scar said:

I think it hurts, it feels like getting burned. 

No, it doesn't. they're magic beams. So if they're actually hitting something that shouldn't get burned, it likely will just knock you back harmlessly

I guess it depends on how powerful the magic is.
Weak magic probably feels like being lightly stroked with a feather, so "punches" or picking up objects would be difficult cuz they could barely feel it. Normal magic is, well, normal. You're able to pick up objects without hesitation, you know basic spells, and you could throw a pretty decent punch. Powerful magic, however, is dangerous for the ponies and environment around you and yourself. Depending on what (defensive) spells a unicorn knows, their laser beams could feel like a swift kick, a taser, or even a bullet. How? There is one thing similar between all unicorn magic: it glows. One would assume that the brighter the magic, the warmer it is, but the brightness makes it tougher. Let's say you have a transparent square and you put another transparent square on top of it-- then another one and another one and another one. The color, brightness or contrast of the transparent boxes are enhanced. That's what happens with unicorn magic that it's stronger when it's crowded/stacked together. Look closely at the fight between Twilight and Starlight

To me it would seem that the magical lasers would first have a pretty big initial shock, and then there would be a burn where the laser hit.. From what we've seen, the initial shock would come with quite the push-back (like when Twilight is blasting the changelings in the "A Canterlot Wedding"). Then, the burn would come later (Like after Celestia is blasted by Crysalis; also in "A Canterlot Wedding). I don't think the lasers are lethal, but I do think they inflict a decent amount of pain. I would also think that the pain inflicted would depend on the strength of the blast. Along with pain, the lasers seems to leave their target in temporary shock. 

• Brohoof 2

I think it's like getting a electrical shot with the burning sensation so yeah I believe it will probably  killed them if a magic beam can blow things up or shoot their opponent back with heavy forces.  

It really depends on the spell/incantation behind the beam. If your intent is to burn, then it'll burn, and that applies to all manners of harm. Most of the time though, I imagine the beam would behave like the plasma bolts we see in starwars when making contact with storm trooper armor, which functions by displacing the energy across your body. There's a mark from the impact, but you're whole body is sort of bluntly hit instead of having a chunk incinerated. I'm not saying ponies amd other things have a natural resistance to plasma bolts, but the beams they cast behave in a similar manner to that example.

Them "particles" act differently when interacting with dead and living things. They can blast through stone but only seem to mildly inconvenience creatures. If only there would be an invisible factor that's making living things more resilient to magic blasts! Fans call it a lot of things. I call it rating. What can I say, I'm just big brained like that. Ain't no would-be fantasy hypothesis gonna lure me from the path of cold, hard, pulsating truth 3Y6uKBJ.png

Now, if one would ever dare to ponder such blasphemous things, one might conclude that the side effects of such exposure manifest themselves in various forms of dysesthesias. For instance, Tirek and Tatzelwurm might feel some form of prickling sensation you get when your arm falls asleep. What is the mechanism, you ask? Magical PEP gun? It kinda does seem like a PEP gun, doesn't it.

Well , i could see it being like Homelanders Laser from the boys, except the gore obviusly. I guess depends in the intensity of the user , if the user is using it against another living being, I guess he will use some kind of stun laser, like not strong enough to cut but just stun / harm you.

It depends on the universe you are referring to, each one has its own rules. If you are referring to FiM's universe, then I think that when a pony gets hit by a magical lazar they feel pain similar to that of getting hit by a bullet except that it does not enter the body or create any flesh wounds.