Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

searching [OOC] The Æther Project

Illiad Easle

@Blitz Boom

Don't react to what @Kujamih did in their post. Last did not hear or see any of it.

@-Solstice-

In case you post again before I do, Spiral is still blinded, and did not hear what Light said.

@Kujamih @Blitz Boom @-Solstice-

Until further notice, none of your characters are aware of the actions of the others. The only explanation I'll give at this point is Kitsune Magic.

I'll relay in my next post what, if anything, you were each able to detect from the others. None of you have extra-sensory abilities right?

• Brohoof 1

42 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

But then again changeling shards? It over wrote it? 

On 2022-07-30 at 12:08 AM, Illiad Easle said:

Yes, I'm asserting that Kitsune magic even supersedes the magic of the throne, it is far deeper and more ancient.

I stated from the beginning that this magic isn't affected by the changeling shards (Chrysalis's throne) And that assumes that Light is even still capable of physically interacting with the world standing this close to the kitsune.

It also assumes that you know where the kitsune is, which you might not.

It may well be that nothing you've experienced since entering the palace, when the lights went out, has even been real...

We may need to discuss more in depth here what exactly Light is and is capable of, since he seems to have a new ability every time a problem arises. So, what exactly is Light? Since it's obvious he is not a pony, despite acting like one.

• Brohoof 1

Anything light related is what I'm going with him...

He is a pseudo Draconicous is what I'm going at... He is about to become draconicous, so for example discord is all about chaos... Then hence light is all about light.... But when he was a pony he volunteered to become an experiment where a bunch of cutie marks was given to him and implanted with changeling shards.

This is the reason why he has an X for a cutie mark .. he has 10 powerful cutie marks upon him. The reason for the changeling shards is so that he doesn't explode or turn into a draconicous since he didn't deserve the power to become an alicorn....

The experiment was a success and was able to kill Disarray, the pinkie pie draconicous. But to kill a draconicous you need to kill it's source.... Hence he has to destroy pinkie pies happiness... He destroyed his own dimension.

Which leave our dimension hoping friend to the fail safe organization. Where he hopes dimension and saving them from bad story writers, if need be. Or he ends up destroying the universe all together... Depending on the version of Light we have....

So you seeing a clone of light is just light illusion etc.

Light blasting a light,

Light controlling the shards in his body. 

Making things light and heavy... That sort of thing....

I guess light sabers ain't out of the question? But I'm not gonna make him overpowered since a rule is applied to him that he cannot be the greatest and could not surpass them...

Also he would support as much as he can...

Anyway he would side only to the one who is winning.... So if he sees that the quickest way to fix this dimension is by Discord's route then he'd side with discord.... If the kitsune is a better deal he would end up joining her instead... 

If he sees the path of the future was for discord to rule in the end, then he sees nothing wrong with it and would probably destroy the project instead if it was inevitable. But for now he doesn't know which one would go on top. So he hangs around with the project. Anyway discord hasn't presented himself yet, so he can't tell if he'd side with him... Although the project is in a mess... 

Edited by Kujamih

@Kujamih

That helps immensely, that does explain why he seems to always take the path of least resistance, constantly changing sides, and has a bit of a violent personality.

He'd get along well with Fury maybe, as Fury has a similar backstory in that he was a pony and became a draconequis.

As to the Project, Discord is doomed to fail and secretly is allowing the Project to continue. He sends minions out and causes trouble to keep them improving, to ensure that when they land, if they survive, they will be ready to rebuild civilization better than it was before. These trials are meant to eventually break down the barriers that previously existed, that held civilization stagnant for so long. All the world leaders were removed to ensure that they could no longer hold back progress.

Anyway, point of order, I don't accept the notion that marks bestow power, I don't recall an instance in the show where such was true, and in fact have instances where when the wrong mark was applied the pony suffered as a result. This isn't because the mark bestowed the power, but rather that it represents the self-actualization necessary for them to excel at that task. So, magically altering a mark adjusts their mental perception of self to the point where they can no longer excel at what their old mark showed, because they've lost the confidence that mark bestowed.

In the season 3 finale where all the marks got shifted, none of them were any good at what their new marks showed. If marks bestowed power they would have been perfectly fine at it.

In Light's case, perhaps in his original dimension that is how it worked, and so he was crammed full of power which started his transformation, so while he's in this dimension while the marks do not provide additional power, the power from before is still trapped within. Shifting his mark only provides a confidence boost for the shown task.

All that said, Kitsune magic is even older, maybe the Kitsune are what created the first draconequui? Such that a natural born draconequis is the offspring of a kitsune and a pony? Just a thought. Were Light transformed he'd have a stronger position, but restrained as he is by the crystals he's only somewhat more powerful, in regards to the kitsune, to a normal pony.

Thank you for clarifying, I'll keep it in mind going forward.

Season 3 finale they weren't good at it but they can do it... Rarity can move clouds.... Which is weird.... It was suppose to be speed but rarity doesn't do haste so... I don't know really... 

Rainbow dash can speak to animals... But won't listen. I think she mentioned it while singing... Fluttershy can do party tricks..... 🤔....  Pinky pie can kick (buck style)... Which her forte is punches (front hoof style)... Apple jack.... Something hahahaha anyway... Season 3 ain't the best example for this since a spell was used for the gems of Harmony NOT their actual cutie mark.... Which still linked.... Why? Didn't they got their cutie mark already and not because of the gems? 

@Kujamih

11 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Cutie pox... Check and mate

Magical malady, the additional marks were not natural, doesn't count.

Also, who's to say that Applebloom didn't already know how to do those things, just lacked the confidence to do them well? The CMC have studied many different things over time, they very well could have tried all the things that Applebloom was then compelled to do by the cursed marks.

Also notice that she was unable to not do what the mark showed, further indication of a curse.

"Day breaker" episode...Where Luna and Celestia switched cutie marks.

Again, there's nothing in that episode to suggest that the mark is what gave them the power, there's no reason to think that Celestia was previously incapable of entering dreams, unless the summary misleads me. And again, the confidence to perform a task is often all one needs when an alicorn.

Tirek where every alicorn gave their magic to twilight... I believe their cutie marks.... Vanished? 

They were fully drained of their magic, as such they were no longer self-actualized, so their marks disappeared. Them losing their marks did not remove their power, but rather the loss of their power removed their marks.

Season 3 finale they weren't good at it but they can do it

Exactly my point, if the mark imbued power they wouldn't have trouble doing it, but because all they had was the confidence according to their own understanding of it they were unsuccessful, especially when their abilities didn't match up with the confidence bestowed. 

Yup.. but there are more episodes that point out that cutie marks are the source of their power. Hence why Light exists... He wants the consistency of things in order....

Hence 

He will become Order.

In Chaos there is Order,

And Order in Chaos.

sketch-1643002306526.thumb.jpg.fa1449ca7597f06ef5f02555016615fa.jpg

@Kujamih

Be that as it may, I'm simply stating how they work in this universe, sort of a "The power was inside you all along" thing.

In this universe, Light is not powered by his marks, they simply give him the confidence to use the power already within him. Effectively no different than before, Light probably wouldn't even notice the difference because it is semantic in all but the most edge of cases.

Actually in a way he might have already noticed... Since he can only use his cutie marks ability, His original ability. Usually light can cast fireballs and copy others magic, use forcefield and teleportation... Luckily I subconsciously made him preserved and only used light as his theme for magic... 

Then we shall go with that as this dimensions rule then... It will be noted thank you. 

@Illiad Easle

Edited to make it fit your request, of a separate thing. And the tone is a bit aggressive in the post, because Last is angry. xD This isn't really a fair fight for her, as this is a long range magic fight, and now she can't see a thing. ON the bright side, she's willing to talk, and hear the kitsune out, cause frankly, what else can she do right now?

(edit)

Also, reading over things with you and @Kujamih regarding kitsune: Old, powerful race, but I am not sure a draconequui would be made from them mingling with ponies. Draconequui are just sort of... There. Concepts of the natural order of opposites, given flesh. One could likely make one by force, by concentrating one such thing into a highly magical mixture, but it would have to then become one of those concepts, in one form or another. Would also be why things had to be maintained, by ones seeking to maintain a balance. Skewering it too much to an orderly, streamlined world, would cause a higher chance of more draconequui, as the natural order couldn't allow the weight to swing in too far a direction, without catastrophic results. The same can then be said for if things got too cruel, or chaotic, and a being of for instance, pure order could then have a higher risk of being. Which is a massive issue too, as the only way to have complete order, is to remove the concept of self. A free mind, cannot by definition, be orderly.

Anyway, just my rambling two cents.

Also, bonus fact: In this universe, Light is a powerful entity. In mine, he seems to have lost pretty much all his powers, and have become mate to a shark-pony. He gets a lot of weird stories to his name. :P

(One more small edit)

If Light is set to become order, then Light would essentially be one of the greatest threat to creation there ever were, in whatever story he goes further, Kujamih. Chaos is wild, unpredictable, and dangerous, but it is also the basis of freedom. Order is as mentioned, nice when it is limited, but the more orderly things must be, the more others must be controlled. And in the end, the only way to reach that, is to either end all life, or to destroy free will, and the concept of self. He'd essentially have to make everyone into corpses, or empty husks, going through everything in a vile mockery of life. :)

Edited by Blitz Boom

About draconicous @Blitz Boom

Discord ones said he was a bi-corn before.... Not sure if it figuratively or not... But then again because Light is fixated on returning order to the world that all of his other dimension self wishes it aswell that they became one being, one entity.... In a way  a draconicous? 

@Kujamih

:devious:

You're really not going to like the idea I just had.

Don't bother editing your post, I've already taken a screenshot.

If it's any consolation, you only moved an event forward that was planned for later, it will make the next section a bit more difficult though.

14 hours ago, Kujamih said:

Well we posted at the same time but you ended up posting first so the sequence kinda messed up and not right... So I thought I change it... But if I don't the story won't be right and not connect to yours though?

What?

I have no clue what you're trying to say here, I don't see any instance where we posted at the same time? Nor do I see a broken sequence anywhere...

1 hour ago, Illiad Easle said:

What?

I have no clue what you're trying to say here, I don't see any instance where we posted at the same time? Nor do I see a broken sequence anywhere...

I thought that you null and void my actions after blinding everyone... So I tried to change it.... But then you posted... Before I could post my own....So I have to adjust and do the snow scene where I kill everyone. Instead of playing along and getting blind.