Favourite G5 character so far?

75ponii

Favourite G5 character so far?  

159 users have voted

1. 1. Favourite G5 character so far?

• Sunny Starscout (earth pony mare)
    • Izzy Moonbow (unicorn mare)
    • Pipp (pegasus mare)
    • Hitch Trailblazer (earth pony stallion)
    • Zipp Storm (pegasus mare)

This thread's poll should really be updated to include Misty, ha ha. :PIPPIPHURRAY: I'm also shocked I've not commented on this thread in two years. Hitch is still my favorite main character, but Misty has been my second favorite main character for quite some time now. I also like Pipp much more now than I did when I last posted here. Every character from the main cast of G5 though is so lovable. :coolandhip:

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1
  • Thanks 1

Opaline! And I believe it will continue to be Opaline til the very end of G5! I miss her so much, my queen, please, return and bring some terror to this generation's world! paradise is boring! :griiin:

1127SemTtulo_20240706004212.thumb.jpg.7b557a9d5ec62a211930d64670bfc2e2.jpg

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 2

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I really love Izzy but Sunny is my favourite. She was mocked and had no support. Yet, she fought for what was important for her. She didn't succumb the peer pressure, was always nice and open-minded ^_^

Edited by Finding_Marty
  • Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

mlp-mlp-item-628x5402.webp New friends (you)

2 hours ago, Finding_Marty said:

I really love Izzy but Sunny is my favourite. She was mocked and had no support. Yet, she fought for what was important for her. She didn't succumb the peer pressure, was always nice and open-minded ^_^

Mind the shameless self-promotion, I think you'll like this. :izzy-shine:

https://www.deviantart.com/mistybrightshadow/art/Understanding-Sunny-Starscout-MLP-Essay-1007900134

Now that we have Cocoa from Wild Manes, I don't want to ever hear about Sunny being a bland lead protagonist ever again. Sunny actually has character motivation, a backstory, and goes through pruning. Cocoa is just the main character because she sells drinks and recaps plots that don't need to use a flashback narrative style. 

...And while I was writing this, I literally just realized why Cocoa selling drinks makes her the main character. Because Sunny sells smoothies. Were they even trying? :jazz-hooves-please:

• Delighted Giggle 1

On 2024-07-21 at 7:31 AM, Misty Shadow said:

Mind the shameless self-promotion, I think you'll like this. :izzy-shine:

I like Sunny very much, and in my opinion she is remarkable because she always remained independent, always sought the truth, and always acted with her conscience. She has never been domesticated by the culture, she does not become blind by chasing the truth, she always faces the world with her conscience. :PIPPIPHURRAY:

• Brohoof 1
  • Excited 1

My favorite gen 5 characters are only Zipp and Opaline.

My favorite gen 5 characters are only Zipp and Opaline.

• Brohoof 1
  • Delighted Giggle 1

• 3 weeks later...

My personal favorite is non of the main characters. It is Jazz Hooves because I like her design (especially her TYT since she have visible ears there) and she is such a good hearted, helpful but also sometimes slightly clumsy (in a funny way) character. 

• Delighted Giggle 1

dbjjowc-3fb0df4b-b54c-4c81-89fe-994630d4  

I love the voice of Jazz Hooves :)

47 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

My personal favorite is non of the main characters. It is Jazz Hooves because I like her design (especially her TYT since she have visible ears there) and she is such a good hearted, helpful but also sometimes slightly clumsy (in a funny way) character. 

I love the voice of Jazz Hooves :)

• Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...

For me it also kind of changes. Hitch definitely won my heart when I first started watching (I don't know why but I started with MYM and then watched the movie) but now it's either Zipp or Izzy.

• Brohoof 2
  • Delighted Giggle 1

For me It's still Opaline for sure, I don't only think her character was very good, but I also thought that the way she was developed was one of the best decisions ever made in MLP, not only in G5, but in the entire franchise, developing the villain for several episodes (or as I like to say, for an entire saga) is much better than developing it for just 2 episodes in my opinion, I know G1 already did that but I think here it was handled better, I don't think I would've enjoyed G5 without her :Rara:

• Brohoof 1
  • Hugs 1

"Stand quiet like the Sky, and Move faster than Lightning"

Follower of the ultimate power, spirit, divine dreams and wishes of the Heavenly Angels of Stars (Starys), Husband of Mary Stary, Angel of Power and Spirit.

Dragon Ball fan since 2009, Hyped for Dragon Ball 40th Anniversary 2024, Daima, New Manga Saga & Sparking ZERO! :eager: / Making Arts for Free! :o

1112SemTtulo_20240820084933.jpg.3a7eb511f8fa06ea9a0cf4e6ad3f6849.jpg

For me, it's Misty Brightdawn,
Because my childhood experiences are very similar to hers. She's like another me.
I understand very well the psychology behind all her behaviour. and She always inspires me.

• Brohoof 2
  • Hugs 1