Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

planning RP ideas, anyone interested?

Props Valroa

Some RP ideas have crossed my mind recently. I'll list my ideas first and then my requirements for the rp. This can either be a 1x1 or a group rp. If I am I am not interested in roleplaying with you, please don't take it personally. These ideas are ones I have done in years past and would like to re-hash or renew them under an all new roleplaying experience. You will be playing canon characters, and OCs. 

1. I wake up in a cloned body of Twilight Sparkle in Equestria, more or less a self insert with the other person/people playing various canon characters of OCs. The normal Twilight would be around, and you would likely be playing her at some point.

2. Queen Chrysalis returning to Equestria, this is assuming the whole events of season 8 and season 9 never happened and Chrysalis returns on her own with a new changeling army. I would be playing Chrysalis.

3. A roleplay involving Spirits from another world (we would come up with them together), that would possess certain ponies who have a personality similar to them. When they are possessed the 'host' will be unable to stop them and could only commentate on it. This RP will involve an alternate setting in Equestria where the events of the show themselves didn't happen. Nightmare Moon was never banished, the mane 6 never got together and remain obscure with the exception of Twilight. In order to defend off of the various threats of Equestria, Celestia and Luna have embraced their 'nightmare' form. Solaria (Celestia), and Lunara (Princess Luna) are the names of the 2 sisters. Lunara looks like Nightmare Moon, while Solaria looks like Daybreaker. I would play a mix of Canon characters and OCs, while the person I am playing with would do the same. 

4. Twilight Sparkle in an alternative universe had become a villain after the mane 6 were never brought together, she would have betrayed Celestia under the influence of Nightmare Moon. I would be playing Twilight Sparkle. 

5. Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria. She does not steal Twilight's crown, and rather than becoming a villain in the human world, she stays in Equestria under secrecy and amasses her own power with the aim of taking over the world. I would be playing Sunset Shimmer.

6. King Sombra returns to Equestria, this is an alternate universe taking place during his second return. His second return being that his horn was able to regenerate his body a few years after his 'defeat'. And he returns far more intelligent and calculating, having realized his mistakes with the plans. I would be playing King Sombra.

Those are my 5 ideas. Questions, comments, ideas, etc are welcome. With these, alternative lore, characters, and events in universe is also welcome. I hope to push the limits of my writing and those involved so we can all learn and become better at roleplaying.

Now as for my rules and requirements for roleplaying with me:

- No gore, torture, or overly violent, or character death scenes.
- No one line replies, at least 3-5 sentences.
- No overly powerful characters, or OCs (I can be negotiable on that).
- No humans, furry, or anthro characters (furry characters I specifically never involve roleplays as).
- Try to describe your characters emotions, thoughts, motivations, etc as best as you can. 
- I will accept and deny characters or canon characters (although we can discuss).

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ExplosionMare said:

The 4th idea sounds good! :fluttershy:

If you wanna do that one would you wanna rp as Nightmare Moon? Or since we talked about the first one previously, we could do that one. 

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, Califorum said:

If you wanna do that one would you wanna rp as Nightmare Moon? Or since we talked about the first one previously, we could do that one. 

Ooh, I’d love to be Nightmare Moon!

• Brohoof 1

Ooh, I’d love to be Nightmare Moon!

Perhaps in this RP it is like, Twilight was never able to find her friends or rather, Nightmare Moon is able to manipulate Twilight against them. 

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Califorum said:

Perhaps in this RP it is like, Twilight was never able to find her friends or rather, Nightmare Moon is able to manipulate Twilight against them. 

Will this be the same Nightmare Moon or should she have a more “alternate” appearance? I’m just asking in regards to making a character profile.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Will this be the same Nightmare Moon or should she have a more “alternate” appearance? I’m just asking in regards to making a character profile.

Whatever you wish it to be!

11 hours ago, Califorum said:

Whatever you wish it to be!

Tonight or tomorrow I’ll start working on my character profile. I’ll post it here once it gets approved. Before I do that, though, is there some type of summary you could provide? I assume Nightmare Moon is going to be a bit different from her normal self and I want to give her a title like I did with Starlight’s “Princess of Equality”.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, ExplosionMare said:

Tonight or tomorrow I’ll start working on my character profile. I’ll post it here once it gets approved. Before I do that, though, is there some type of summary you could provide? I assume Nightmare Moon is going to be a bit different from her normal self and I want to give her a title like I did with Starlight’s “Princess of Equality”.

I feel like this Nightmare Moon is not so brutish with her plans. She is more intelligent, working behind the scenes and after the 4 stars free her escape...nothing happens for a while and she eventually finds Twilight and manipulates her. Twilight in this world, I'll put more of myself into her character since Twilight and me are very similar. Maybe some other things have happened in the past that did not happen in the canon world. Celestia did not tell Twilight everything.

19 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Here’s the Nightmare Moon I’m using:

https://mlpforums.com/character/53-nightmare-moon/

I quite like it! I believe that what would happen is that a few days pass after Nightmare Moon is freed, and she was gathering her power and strength after being freed and then there was some sort of battle between her and Celestia, and without the Elements of harmony being together, Celestia was defeated. Celestia being banished to the sun would be fairly interesting. Her time on the sun, would gradually corrupt her and turn her into a very tortured, angry soul known as Nightmare Star or Solar Flare, perhaps.

Day Breaker Mare in the Sun - My Little Pony - T-Shirt ...

Eternal night over the land might not exactly be possible so I can see Nightmare Moon raising the sun over the area to keep plants around and growing, but the amount of night time would be far more than day. Maybe there is only 3 hours of day, and 21 hours of night. She could probably have her Nightmare Guards and such (who betrayed Celestia to join her among others) go around doing various spells on plants and such to ensure that the planet doesn't die. Nightmare Moon wants eternal night, but she also wants a living, healthy planet to rule over. 

And we can say that after the fight between Celestia and Nightmare Moon, after Nightmare Moon's victory Twilight had fled Ponyville and is now on the run, hoping to find a way to find the elements of harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon but, that likely won't happen that way.

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Califorum said:

I quite like it! I believe that what would happen is that a few days pass after Nightmare Moon is freed, and she was gathering her power and strength after being freed and then there was some sort of battle between her and Celestia, and without the Elements of harmony being together, Celestia was defeated. Celestia being banished to the sun would be fairly interesting. Her time on the sun, would gradually corrupt her and turn her into a very tortured, angry soul known as Nightmare Star or Solar Flare, perhaps.

Day Breaker Mare in the Sun - My Little Pony - T-Shirt ...

Eternal night over the land might not exactly be possible so I can see Nightmare Moon raising the sun over the area to keep plants around and growing, but the amount of night time would be far more than day. Maybe there is only 3 hours of day, and 21 hours of night. She could probably have her Nightmare Guards and such (who betrayed Celestia to join her among others) go around doing various spells on plants and such to ensure that the planet doesn't die. Nightmare Moon wants eternal night, but she also wants a living, healthy planet to rule over. 

And we can say that after the fight between Celestia and Nightmare Moon, after Nightmare Moon's victory Twilight had fled Ponyville and is now on the run, hoping to find a way to find the elements of harmony to defeat Nightmare Moon but, that likely won't happen that way.

Thanks!

All of those ideas sound good! Only, how would Celestia get banished into the Sun with how hot it is? I’m not saying it’s impossible, I’m just thinking some sort of logic should be in place. Also, I was thinking that the farmers and scientists could grow plants with artificial lighting or some kind of magic. That’s what I envisioned during The Cutie Remark during the Nightmare Moon AU.

• Brohoof 1

Thanks!

All of those ideas sound good! Only, how would Celestia get banished into the Sun with how hot it is? I’m not saying it’s impossible, I’m just thinking some sort of logic should be in place. Also, I was thinking that the farmers and scientists could grow plants with artificial lighting or some kind of magic. That’s what I envisioned during The Cutie Remark during the Nightmare Moon AU.

Farmers and scientists of Nightmare Moon making artificial glowing plants with magic and making seeds that could grow in the dark is interesting. As for the sun, I always imagined Celestia is able to not get hurt by extreme heat. Maybe the Sun in this universe is more like a solid glowing ball?

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Califorum said:

Farmers and scientists of Nightmare Moon making artificial glowing plants with magic and making seeds that could grow in the dark is interesting. As for the sun, I always imagined Celestia is able to not get hurt by extreme heat. Maybe the Sun in this universe is more like a solid glowing ball?

That makes a lot of sense. I just really wanna see her evolve into Daybreaker because of the Sun, too! :D 

• Brohoof 1

That makes a lot of sense. I just really wanna see her evolve into Daybreaker because of the Sun, too! :D 

Hehe, yes. Any other ideas, or starting points in mind?

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

Not currently, no

How about like, we start us off with when Nightmare Moon returns? I'll make a profile for Twilight Sparkle.

• Brohoof 1

3 hours ago, Twilight Sparkle said:

(OOC: I can see it, looks great!)

Why, if it isn’t the foal who told me everything about the Elements of Harmony. As much as I despise your level of magic, you did, in your own way, assist with allowing me to bring eternal night and banish my sister to the sun.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Nightmare Moon said:

(OOC: I can see it, looks great!)

Why, if it isn’t the foal who told me everything about the Elements of Harmony. As much as I despise your level of magic, you did, in your own way, assist with allowing me to bring eternal night and banish my sister to the sun.

I like it, but we should start an IC thread and I could start us off? I look forward to it.

• Brohoof 1