Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Waking From Anesthesia: Funniest Reactions You've Had/Seen/Witnessed

Courageous Thunder Dash

Alright, almost everyone has had the experience of going under anesthesia for some sort of procedure. Going under is one thing...but waking from it, can be a whole new ballgame, which can produce of the wackiest and funniest reactions. 

What are some of your funniest "waking from anesthesia" experiences?

For me, it was just after a minor procedure. The very first thing that I asked the nurses was "Am I still in Equestria?" I was glad mom wasn't in the room, but, when she came, I told the nurses... "I was flyin' with Rainbow Dash". Mom was like "Oh no..." 

Now it's your turn! 

I guess I haven't been put under but a friend of mine wouldn't stop talking about anything she looked at, as in "never taking a breath" talking, even to the point of where the doctor gave up asking how she was.

Otherwise what you describe is somewhat why I do not want to be put under...I don't think I could live that down.

• Brohoof 1

10 hours ago, TheGleaner said:

I guess I haven't been put under but a friend of mine wouldn't stop talking about anything she looked at, as in "never taking a breath" talking, even to the point of where the doctor gave up asking how she was.

Otherwise what you describe is somewhat why I do not want to be put under...I don't think I could live that down.

The effects seem like they last a while, but eventually, they'll wear off. Going under is scary, but time flies so fast when your under, and when you wake, everything is over. Your brain is just trying to get itself back into normal, but I admit, it is pretty funny to see the reactions. 

Funny enough the worst experience with anesthesia was when I finally got my last two wisdom teeth removed. I've woken up from anesthesia and knew exactly what was going on every time except that one where I apparently tried to immediately get up and on my feet but fell straight down. At least that's what I'm told because I had no memory of it at all, the only thing I remember was going under and then I woke up at home.

30 minutes ago, Sunset Rose said:

Funny enough the worst experience with anesthesia was when I finally got my last two wisdom teeth removed. I've woken up from anesthesia and knew exactly what was going on every time except that one where I apparently tried to immediately get up and on my feet but fell straight down. At least that's what I'm told because I had no memory of it at all, the only thing I remember was going under and then I woke up at home.

Ouch...that's gotta hurt. 

Only went under once for a colonoscopy. No body remembered what happened, not only me. Only thing I recalled was being woken up and asked what I wanted from Taco Bell. Gave my stock answer of Quesadillas. Would've thought it was all a dream if I didn't eat the food the next morning. 

While I didn't totally go under, I was on Nitrus when I got my Wisdom Teeth pulled. And I saw my two OCs by my side looking down at me. One of them said "Yeah, you should really be listening to the dentist right about now." After that, I really wanted to go to Barns & Noble. My mom said no as I was changing out the blood soaked gauze in my mouth mid car ride.

1 hour ago, Denim&Venöm said:

Only went under once for a colonoscopy. No body remembered what happened, not only me. Only thing I recalled was being woken up and asked what I wanted from Taco Bell. Gave my stock answer of Quesadillas. Would've thought it was all a dream if I didn't eat the food the next morning. 

While I didn't totally go under, I was on Nitrus when I got my Wisdom Teeth pulled. And I saw my two OCs by my side looking down at me. One of them said "Yeah, you should really be listening to the dentist right about now." After that, I really wanted to go to Barns & Noble. My mom said no as I was changing out the blood soaked gauze in my mouth mid car ride.

Funny thing is, I don't remember a single thing after going under for my wisdom tooth surgery, except that I dreamed I was a Raichu dancing in a large field of flowers...I woke up at my cousin's house in his bed. 

• Brohoof 1

13 hours ago, Courageous Thunder Dash said:

The effects seem like they last a while, but eventually, they'll wear off. Going under is scary, but time flies so fast when your under, and when you wake, everything is over. Your brain is just trying to get itself back into normal, but I admit, it is pretty funny to see the reactions. 

I meant whatever I did or said coming out of it would become a "family legend" or whatever for every gathering or get together...forever. 

"Hey remember the time (TheGleaner) thought he was a pony at the hospital?"

I did remember another story of someone coming out of amnesia, it was my cousin after he got his wisdom teeth removed.  He reportedly took the container of mio(that water flavoring syrup that was really popular about 10 years ago) and chugged it, then did the same for another before they moved his mother's bag away from him.

Apparently no one told him until I offered some to him about a year after that, upon which he basically got sick and it came back to him. 

I haven’t had any reactions that were particularly funny or wacky. But the brain does remain ‘off’ for a while sometimes. I woke up in my hospital bed wearing pajamas which the nurses told me I helped them to put on. I have no memory of this or anything else following surgery up to that point, so I hope I didn’t say or do anything too weird. But the nurses did mention they have seen and heard pretty much everything at one point or another. Once I was given Sodium Pentothal (known as being a truth serum as well as an anesthetic) before going under  and thinking to myself that I could lie sooooo easily, regardless of this so-called ‘truth drug’ they gave me, and told the staff that my hair was blue…just to show them.

• 1 year later...
(edited)

Evidently I do pretty well under anesthetics. I’ve had four surgeries as far as I’m aware.

Number one was when I was like three or four. I don’t remember anything so I have no clue how I acted.

Number two and three was when I was in elementary or middle. I had to get some teeth work done both times. I was put on some laughing gas the first time and when I fully came back (I don’t recall if I slept or not, I probably did though) I was just fine. The second one I was put on actual anesthetics and was fine.

Last one was just a couple of years ago. Had to get a concerning mole removed off my chest, nothing major or anything. The surgery lasted for about half hour or so. I remember waking up beside my grandmother and smiling at her before going back to sleep for another 15 minutes. Then I awoke again and I was normal again.

granted it wasn’t a long surgery and I’m tiny as heck so I probably didn’t get enough nor was I under long enough to get silly.

my sister on the other hand, gets a bit goofy. I only recall her having to get surgery once to get extra teeth removed when she was in 2nd grade.

when she woke up she would not stop saying “I love you” to literally everyone. luckily it was over before she got back home lol.

Edited by Kitty_Cat
  • Brohoof 1