Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Times You've Witnessed Theft?

SharpWit

Was walking home from a parking lot not even 10 minutes ago when I heard an alarm sound and 3 girls run out of an Ulta beauty store screaming and flailing their bag laiden arms before driving off in a hurry.

I thought to myself that it's the first time I've really even seen anyone just blatantly shoplift though it was somewhat frequent at a party city I used to work at and I saw someone get caught at a dollar tree.

What're your experiences with theft?

1 minute ago, SharpWit said:

and 3 girls run out of an Ulta beauty store screaming and flailing their bag laiden arms before driving off in a hurry.

Why is this part so hilarious 🤣 

• Brohoof 1

Saw a bunch of shady guys once run into the exit door of a Micheal's and run back in a few minutes with a weird looking bag

I assumed they were just robbed

• Brohoof 1

A couple of cousins of mine have stolen stuff from a convenience store in town in the past. Really pissed me off. Definitely made sure to let the owners know. It is so senseless to steal something from a place like that, especially when the store is actually family owned. "Getting back at the corporation", an excuse I've heard before, that doesn't really work if a giant corporation is hardly involved. :yeahno: It really is better to just not do it.

I was on the bus once, and this guy tried to ride farther than what he told the driver. He wanted to go miles farther. In New Jersey, the buses go by "Zones". I remember what the driver told him. He needed four more zones to get where he wanted to go. He refused to pay the extra, and finally got off the bus when the driver threatened to call the police. The driver suddenly said "Watch him!" The guy ran to the side of a house, and then came back riding a bike! He went to a random house and STOLE A BICYCLE! The driver called the police and gave a description of the guy, the address from where he stole the bike, and the direction/rode he took.

I hope they got him!

• Brohoof 1

Me and some of my friends in elementary school once stole a few candies from a local store:sealed:

Also my grandma was robbed a few times. In university her roommates stole some little things a few times, her expensive bag was stolen, her winter shoes and I think her coat. When she was working at school one student used to steal coins from her wallet during breaks, though she figured out it was him and had a talk. Also her coworker once stole her pay (everything was in cash back then), but I can't remember if she managed to get it back. And I remembered another one, when she was applying for the university she and some of her friends were living in a rented flat with the owner (old lady). Lady's son used to visit her a lot and eventually my grandma noticed that after his every visit their (grandma and friends) coat pockets were "cleaned". She told the lady that her son was stealing money and she kicked them out

Edited by Vefka

Me socking a cassette from a store when I was... 8 or 9 :P . Can't believe I got away with it then. Should've just asked mom to buy it for me :thinking: ? I don't think she would've been opposed as they weren't pricy.

I've seen asset protection at our store being bouncers and stopping this one chick from trying to leave with stolen stuff :wacko: .

• Brohoof 1

18 hours ago, ExplosionMare said:

I don’t think I’ve witnessed any robberies, but once I accidentally stole a small item from a store cause I didn’t realize it hadn’t been paid for yet. Don’t worry, I went back and paid for it ;) 

OMG! I did that with the DVD box set for the anime "Martian Successor Nadesico" I was at the mall with friends, and decided to buy it. I got to talking, and walked right out with it. Nobody noticed, not even me! When I got to the food court and realized it was still in my hand, I RAN BACK and paid for it!

(That was so embarrassing!)

LOL!

I was helping my cousin at her extra job at a hotel, which she does at night. There was a guy sneaking around the parking lot looking in car windows. There had been car break-ins there before and we called the cops. The guy was gone when the cops showed up but they found a pipe which I assumed he was going to use on the cars out there. The cops arrested him later that week at another business close-by. The other employees at the hotel told us the guy had a record and there had been car thefts there before, where someone lost a car diagnostic device and some change from an ashtray. 

• Brohoof 1

Never witness any theft but....sigh I guess it's time I tell you the truth....

I did the stupidest thing I ever regretted in my entire life :yeahno:

When I was like around 8 or 9 (this was in around 2012-13), I stole a Frosty The Snowman book from Walmart. Keep in mind that's before I even knew about PDFs and the Internet so I thought books are the only way and I'm pretty sure before that, I didn't know stealing is bad. 

My family knew this and got some scolding from them. And I didn't even return it.

To this day, I'm still not happy about this situation and I facepalm to it every day and I beat up myself over it for years:dry::yeahno:

Sometimes I don't get why my stupid little 9 year old brain would do this. :yeahno:

One of my friends at the time stole something from a sport merchandise store while I had my back turned to him.  He got caught and I almost got in trouble along with him till he said that I didn't participate with him. 

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, AppleButt said:

One of my friends at the time stole something from a sport merchandise store while I had my back turned to him.  He got caught and I almost got in trouble along with him till he said that I didn't participate with him. 

It sounds like it happened in the 2000s

• Brohoof 1

I was at BronyCon in 2015, and there was this drunk person who stole a gender neutral bathroom sign (it was one of the ones that was just a piece of paper I think), and the sign for the cosplay lounge. He was showing it them off to his friends, but he then got arrested by the police.

• Brohoof 1