Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Biggest waste of time you've ever put a lot of work into?

That Guy with the CMB

Nothing is really a waste of time. Even if you can't complete something, and you put a lot of time into it, you still have the experience to do it again, and better, faster, and it might even be helping you in other situations as well.

• 1 year later...

Heh, lol my first thought was actually an airport project for flight sim 2004. Nobody had yet developed a decent O’Hare scenery to reflect all the latest runway changes and whatnot (most were very outdated), so I spent a good month (about an hour a day, most days) starting from scratch at the default scenery.

And then some dude about a year later bested me with a much better upgrade. Why didn’t you spare me all the trouble and built that thing a year before :P ?

• Brohoof 1

Hmm… I could say some friendships or relationships but honestly I’ve gotten something out of every long term friendship or relationship that’s ended. Either learning more about other people or just improving myself. So I wouldn’t consider that wasted.

I wrote a 100k+ word story that never got finished. That might’ve been a waste but it also helped me improve my writing skills immensely so idk if I’d say it was a waste either.

1k+ hours in War Thunder… yeah that’s probably a waste of time especially considering that only half of those hours were spent actually having fun :derp:

1 hour ago, Iforgotmybrain said:

Hmm… I could say some friendships or relationships but honestly I’ve gotten something out of every long term friendship or relationship that’s ended. Either learning more about other people or just improving myself. So I wouldn’t consider that wasted.

I wrote a 100k+ word story that never got finished. That might’ve been a waste but it also helped me improve my writing skills immensely so idk if I’d say it was a waste either.

1k+ hours in War Thunder… yeah that’s probably a waste of time especially considering that only half of those hours were spent actually having fun :derp:

Felt that last one pretty hard. I've spent multiple thousands of hours on a singleplayer game to compete with others playing the same game, and felt like a pretty big idiot when I realized I was playing it for hours every day just for a small high of ranking higher than people instead of having fun. 

• Hugs 1

Not a waste of time in the usual sense.  During the end of Spring, I have been making more strides in being physically active to get our of the pandemic laziness, then got a cold for 2 weeks.

Well keeping up much better this time.