Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What's the fastest speed you've ever driven at?

Octavia Heartstrings

For those of you who either drive or have driven, what's the fastest speed you've ever gone?

I once accelerated to 81 MPH by accident while passing some slower cars on the highway. Fortunately I noticed it and slowed down to a more reasonable speed. :D

The fastest I ever drove was around 150 km/h. But that was on a Autobahn part where there was no speed limit, the Autobahn was free and I was in rush. I honestly don't like fast driving. Even when there is no speed limit, I usually drive maximum 130 km/h.

Somewhere over 100 M.P.H.

I figured it was a better idea to pass the belly dumper that was losing rocks that varied in size from golf balls to basket balls instead of following him for another 3 miles, which then he turned the same way I was so it would have been another 20 miles. Only thing was everyone behind him had the same idea and he was apparently getting offended at people flying by him so he was going about 90 when I tried to pass him. 

05 Chevy pickup, all I seen was the speedometer go past the 3 o'clock position, which 3 o'clock sits at about 107. I remember slowing down to what felt like a "reasonable" speed, just to see that it said 95...on the upside the GM 327 roars nicely and gives you plenty of power at 6000 RPM.

It was under 120 though, they run out of power at that speed(uncle was a cop and chose a Explorer over a GM pickup because the Explorer would sorta keep up with a Crown Vic, and the GM would give up at a about 110-120)

• Brohoof 1

I'm not so sure. Normally I try to stay at the recommended speed of 130 km/h (81 mph) but while taking over it's more of course but I don't like to race and stay at he recommended or given speed restriction.

• Brohoof 1

I've hit 90mph once. In a Prius lol. The limit was 80mph. Farther down the road the limit is 85mph (I think it got reduced to 80 eventually).

Of course I can't not say the fastest speed where I was in control of my propulsion is 170 knots ground speed (about 195mph), in a Piper aircraft :pout: . Without the wind it was probably around 140 knots (so about 160 mph).

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, WWolf said:

I've hit 90mph once. In a Prius lol. The limit was 80mph. Farther down the road the limit is 85mph (I think it got reduced to 80 eventually).

Of course I can't not say the fastest speed where I was in control of my propulsion is 170 knots ground speed (about 195mph), in a Piper aircraft :pout: . Without the wind it was probably around 140 knots (so about 160 mph).

Don't be modest you definitely did more than 170 knots!:laugh:

• Brohoof 2

(edited)
3 minutes ago, Kujamih said:

Don't be modest you definitely did more than 170 knots!:laugh:

Hahahah lol, like I'd be afraid of breaking a speed limit in a small piston-engine airplane :pout: . The one passenger and my instructor took a photo of the ground speed on the GPS and I was like "that's not that fast!", although in hindsight yeah that was the fastest I've gone under my control (albeit the wind was really pushing us).

I wonder what @Dawnchaser 🌄's top speed is :mlp_huh: .... 650?

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 2

113 mph on the freeway once. It was late and there was no other traffic around. It was in my Camaro which is limited by the computer to 113 because I had the base tires. It did NOT feel like I was going that speed and the car would have NO problem going faster with higher speed rated tires. I just wanted to see how the car acted at the governor limit. I generally don't go faster than 80 on the freeway because I DON'T want tickets and it's not safe since your reaction distance is longer at higher speeds.

100mph. I did this a while back when I was younger and more impulsive. I was driving a rental car at the time and really enjoying the fact that I didn't have to go easy on it. I was on the outskirts of L.A. heading back from Las Vegas and it was so fun blowing it out on that vast stretch of open freeway. I like to speed as a general rule, but my own little car (a Smart Fortwo) only goes up to 90. They can go 100mph straight from the factory but they have to be hobbled down to 90 before they can be imported to the US. Still, I go 70-80 on a fairly regular basis. 

I hit 120mph on an interstate bypass a couple years ago. Let me tell ya, the suspension on a Nissan Altima gets squirrely above 110!  :mlp_blink:
Just felt like punching the throttle that day. It was real early in the morning and all 8 lanes were clear

• Brohoof 1

I have been driving for nearly a decade and I have never driven over 90 mph.

• 1 month later...

I think 80 MPH is the fastest I've driven, and that was on a highway. I don't think I've ever exceeded more than 85 MPH, and it's not good for anyone's car anyways since the faster your drive, the faster you wear your car down.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...