Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How much longer should FiM go before MLP transitions into G5?

Zenoctilles

Hasbro appears to be intelligent enough to know what the MLP franchise is now worth due to the fan influence. It is thanks to bronies that they probably realize that there is money to be had, considering that the older demographic actually have money that they are willing to spend, so even those who don't care about the show or it's fans see that it is a strategic decision to keep the show running as long as possible, as it not only generates income, but it allows for production of new merchandise, and extreme amounts of advertisement for the company as a whole.

G4 I believe will run for at least 4 seasons, but may very likely go on to do more, considering the VAs, writers, and animators stay with the team for the whole deal. (As a vital member bailing could ruin and end the show as a whole) And of course, an MLP movie or two would be in high demand by then, so again it would be a very wise decision both for advertisement and income.

Eventually however, the show will unfortunately run it's course and end a glorious chapter in history that shall be well remembered for years. G5 will probably come a few years later, IF Hasbro feels confident enough to continue it. By then they will know all too well that a gigantic fanbase will be anxiously watching what they will do with it, and if they slip up, their money train is stopped cold. If they are smart, they would look for creative people similar to the ones running the show now, and even better, have the community help in their search. The connection between company and consumer is already strong with Hasbro, so something like that would not be surprising.

If not, however, and Hasbro drops everything, it is to be easily assumed that bronies will take things into their own hands and continue the fandom for as long as possible; with their own animators, musicians, artists, and the community as a whole collaborating with each other to keep up the fan works, and maybe even create their own "G5" spin off series that's completely run by us the fans, using new characters to avoid copyright, maybe even switch up the styles, but at the same time, trying to stay true to the show that we all know and love.

tl;dr: Hasbro knows it would be stupid to drop MLP prematurely, and if or when they do, we bronies will stand strong and ensure that our fandom will be known for many years to come.

• Brohoof 2

If or when they went over to G5, I'd hope they keep the same voice actors, or voice actors that equal in quality as the ones right now, same goes for writing.

The animation however, while i just adore the current form of animation, if G5 were to come maybe something along the lines of this: http://rizcifra.tumblr.com/post/24462231885/re-uploading-this-because-im-pretty-sure-that-at would suit it. Of course this style does not suit everybody, but to me, it seems like a good path to go down, looks clean, cute and smooth, an anime sort of style. But that's just my opinion on the matter :)

• Brohoof 2

While I believe that FiM still has a long way to go before Hasbro brings in G5, we all need to realize that G4 will eventually come to an end, and that we will all one day bid farewell to Twilight Sparkle and Co.

Personally, I want to see at least two more seasons and a movie. Then, my appetite for FiM will be satiated, and I will look forward to seeing G5, preferably with new characters and in a completely new style.

I never want FiM to end because G5 will probably turn the show girly again.

If or when they went over to G5, I'd hope they keep the same voice actors, or voice actors that equal in quality as the ones right now, same goes for writing.

The animation however, while i just adore the current form of animation, if G5 were to come maybe something along the lines of this: http://rizcifra.tumb...-that-at��would suit it. Of course this style does not suit everybody, but to me, it seems like a good path to go down, looks clean, cute and smooth, an anime sort of style. But that's just my opinion on the matter :)

Though I too love the way the show is drawn now, I would die happy if G5 looked like that. It seems like a lot more work than what Hasbro would be willing to do.

In terms of longevity of the G4 ponies. I think it would be around for at least another 4-6 seasons ( conservatively-optimistically). There are still many ideas to draw upon, and many unique examples of characteristics that can be fleshed out. We all know that there will come a day when G4 must bow out to a newer generation, but on that day I hope it is something that we can all hold as necessary. On that day I will certainly look back on days like these where I am amongst other bronies during the best times of MLP. The best times where we all stood as one, together, and unified. Where we became something of a legendary movement that preceded great change. I can at that moment, say with confidence, that I was there and a part of that. Part of the movement that made a difference.

• Brohoof 2

Though I too love the way the show is drawn now, I would die happy if G5 looked like that. It seems like a lot more work than what Hasbro would be willing to do.

That part is true, but if they put that effort into incorporating that hand drawn anime-like feel to the show, I personally think it'd be a success. I'd love it :)

• Brohoof 1

I'm sure many people have considered this before and it just returned to my mind... what if G5 was based around background ponies? I know there may be a lot of issues with that but think about it. The fanbase has already done half the work with the general backstory and naming of major background characters like Carrot Top, Lyra & Bon Bon, Berry Punch (yeah right xD), Octavia, etc. It would definitely lead to some flux in the fanbase.

That part is true, but if they put that effort into incorporating that hand drawn anime-like feel to the show, I personally think it'd be a success. I'd love it :)

Indeed, if they added that style than hell, it's practically anime anyways which could only expand the fanbase.

Considering that fanbased episodes are already in production, and this is the most successful show in Hasbro history, I think they'll drag it on as long as possible. If anything, G5 would just end up being the same art style, place, and timeline, yet focus on different characters.

Look at Stargate, which lasted a good 17 years with several movies before Sci-Fi canceled it. Looking at it that way, I could easily see the writers making the show last a MUCH longer time, and still keeping a solid comic and moral quality to it. All they would need to do is include a more diverse cast and break away from the one-episode-per-story rut they are stuck in.

Considering that fanbased episodes are already in production, and this is the most successful show in Hasbro history, I think they'll drag it on as long as possible. If anything, G5 would just end up being the same art style, place, and timeline, yet focus on different characters.

Look at Stargate, which lasted a good 17 years with several movies before Sci-Fi canceled it. Looking at it that way, I could easily see the writers making the show last a MUCH longer time, and still keeping a solid comic and moral quality to it. All they would need to do is include a more diverse cast and break away from the one-episode-per-story rut they are stuck in.

Also a good point. I could see the show making a few two-three episode storylines like DBZ or Bleach. (The fight scenes to be exact, just less fighting.)

Oh, I hope it doesn't last too long.

You know, it just needs to last a finite, limited, modest amount of time...

Let's say...

The Tuesday after...

The heat death of the universe?

Yeah, that sounds good to me.

(Credits to Freefall for that idea)

That's a lot more than 10100years from now, for the record. That's 1 with a hundred zeroes afterwards.

I agree but, they should pull the plug once they run of ideas, don't keep the show alive after the jokes and moral of the day plots have dried up just to please us fans. I on the fence about G5, I don't think hasbro would make it as bad as the old generations, but it will be really hard to replace the mane 6. Hopefully the writers of G4 will stick around to make G5.

If they run out of ideas, why would G5 have ideas and G4 not? Wouldn't it make more sense to go on hiatus and start G4 once they have ideas again? It's not like ending G4 will have them come up with new ideas that they couldn't do with G4. With 6 main characters and such a rich and diverse world, that they've shown they're willing to tweak every so often, I'd be surprised if they ran short of ideas.

But whatever the case, they have a HUGE fan following, and ending something they've started that's gained such a staggeringly huge following after decades of relative obscurity, would probably go down in history as one of the worst business decisions ever.

So, as long as bronies are big, and Hasbro is at least competent, then G4 should keep breathing. Let's just hope those writers stay sharp. Though generally, early in season 2 seemed to be a bit of a fluke.

Interestingly enough, Avatar: The Last Airbender was the same way. Is this a common thing, for the early part of the second season of a series to be unusually... "Of lesser quality" (to put it nicely)? Anyways, both Avatar and MLP:FiM got better as Season 2 went on.

• Brohoof 1

Hasbro spent years preparing the relaunch of one of their most important franchises, put tons of effort and money into it, and is consistently met with critical acclaim and monetary return from all audiences. I think G4 will be fine for at least a few more years.

We will keep G4 FOREVER! :angry:

The animation however, while i just adore the current form of animation, if G5 were to come maybe something along the lines of this: http://rizcifra.tumb...-that-at��would suit it. Of course this style does not suit everybody, but to me, it seems like a good path to go down, looks clean, cute and smooth, an anime sort of style. But that's just my opinion on the matter :)

I'm okay with this.

(edited)

It should run for as long as they can hold the current quality, preferably with a big bang

kind of finale.

Then maybe a CMC mini series and a movie.

G5 is gonna be a really tough thing to do: G4 had the perfect creative team behind it and created a pretty unique hype, following that up is one hay of a challenge.

Personally, I'd like them to keep the setting in Equestria (maybe a small city ruled by Cadence& Shining Armor)

some time after the events of G4. (they better do crossover teamup too :ph34r: ).

Animations should be unique but reminiscent of the current aesthetics. Anime-ish would be nice if it is not extensivly so ("The Batman" would be ok, "Teen Titans"/"Ben 10" a bit too much).

Not every material is suited for anime...

Edited by Silverwisp the Bard

Truthfully, after G4 ends, the show will probably end up turning to crap.

The bronies might not cease to exist though, I mean, look at the Sonic fandom. Some people actually still like Sonic games, and they're terribly designed.

I think the show will last 3 or 4 more seasons, then we bronies will have to sustain the fandom exclusively with fan-works.

I want it to go for 6 seasons (so they don't run out of ideas) then a big movie finale.

TBH I want G4 to be the end of my little pony in general, I don't see how it could get any better.

It should end when the writers and developers feel their are no more stories to tell. The last thing we need is for Friendship is Magic to end up like Spongebob or the Simpsons.

Never end g4, but instead have different shows. Like, same setting, maybe different characters, but with a different focus besides friendship. like, I dunno, MLP: Adventure is Magic or somethin' like that,

Never end g4, but instead have different shows. Like, same setting, maybe different characters, but with a different focus besides friendship. like, I dunno, MLP: Adventure is Magic or somethin' like that,

• Brohoof 1

Movies! I would love to see a series of MLP movies, assuming it is the current generation of ponies. I often feel like the plots are a bit restricted by having to be under 25 minutes. Think how epic Dragonshy could have been if it were more like an hour and a half. Or Hearth's Warming Eve.

So my hope is that after G4 ends as a series, they start making movies rather than run another generation. At least for a while.

I think as long as the quality holds up I would want 10 full 26-episode seasons, a theatrical movie(released after season 5), and a series of 10 made for TV movies that take place after the show ends and be released over a 5 year period. Every decade is remembered for many things and I want the 10's to be remembered for MLP. Just think 50 years from now, you walk into a 10's themed restaraunt and you see framed pictures of ponies among other merchandise and the kids ask you about them. You can tell them that you were apart of that phenomanon and help them to appreciate how awesome it was.

A brilliant idea hit me! What if the Cutie Mark Crusaders, having long since gotten their cutie marks and grown up, become the Mane characters along with some of their friends like Pipsqueak, Featherweight, and one other as they wander Equestria and the surrounding lands and...well...stuff...

You know I had some grand idea of where I wanted to go with this, but it quickly died. Either way that's what I would like to see for G4.5/G5.

• Brohoof 1