Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

private A Pony in Anima City (Private with Illiad Easle)

Sphinx-Ara

@Scarlet Rose

Mari was a bit surprised when Nina hugged her, She really seems to care about Ash... Is it just because he was friends with her friend? Or does she have feelings of her own for him?

Mari snorted when Ashi admitted to being scared, "I'd have sooner killed those thugs myself then let them hurt you Ash, I just hope we don't have the opportunity for me to prove that."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

"I hope you won't have to either" Ash would say "and I heard that hon, but I didn't know if you were able to fight or not, but guess I do now" he'd say and then look to Nina "Come on, it's cold, we'll have some hot cocoa inside" he'd say to Nina who nodded and followed them in.

"So Mari, are you and Ash really a couple? If so, that's so cool," she'd shiver a little before As would turn the heater on a little. "How long have you two known each other?"

@Scarlet Rose

Mari thought a moment before answering, "Well, to be perfectly honest, Ash found me in a dumpster scavenging for scraps yesterday morning, which makes our relationship rather short by my standards." She chuckled, "I know, not hardly the sort of relationship you were expecting now is it?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Nina would blink for a moment "Well no, I wasn't expecting that, and it certainly isn't something you don't hear every day" she'd say, rubbing the back of her neck "But hey, at least you know you're safe with him, he really is a kind and gentle guy" she sips on her hot cocoa and smiling a little at her.

Ash smiles a little "Truth is Nina, Mari and I are taking things slow-ish. Tonight was a "get to know each other" date"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari nodded with a small smile, "That I do, while most everyone else who saw me looked at me with scorn or false pity, Ash had genuine compassion for me." She sighed, "When I first arrived here, with nothing more than the tattered clothes on my back, I didn't think I'd survive long. But Ash came to my rescue."

She took a short drink of her chocolate while Ash talked about their date, "As grateful as I am, it wouldn't be fair to either of us to rush into a romantic relationship, Though the longer I spend with him, the more I hope it will work out."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Nina would nod and listen "That's really the best way to go about it, I guess" she'd say "Rushing into things usually ends badly" she'd tell her with a small smile, finishing her cocoa, checking her phone "But yes, Ash really is a compassionate guy, and I really do hope you two do work out well" she gets up and hugs them "I hate to love and leave you, but I need to get home, thank you for the cocoa"

Ash smiles and nods "It was a mutual agreement, to not rush things" he then hugs her "And of course Nina, you know you're always welcome here" he'd say, smiling as would walk her to the entrance where Blake was waiting for her, he'd wait for her to get into the car and leave before going back inside.

He hugs Mari and smiles "So, now I know you have a ways of defending yourself, and I suppose me, should it happen again, I feel a bit better" he'd say, stretching some "Well, it's still kind of early, how bout we cuddle in front of the fireplace?"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari raised an eyebrow at Ash's request, "What happened to going slow?" She chuckled, "I'm kidding, I'd like that."

She would follow Ash over to wherever the fireplace was and sit next to him, she would watch the fire, staring deep into it as though deep in thought unless she was interrupted.

@Illiad Easle

He'd chuckle and go to light the fireplace before going to cuddle up with Mari on the sofa. He'd smile and kiss her nose "So, I'm honestly glad Nina likes you, and I hope you two can become good friends in time" he would tell her "she actually doesnt have many friends, I think you can guess why"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari was surprised when he kissed her nose, pulling back a bit, "What happened to taking it slow? At this rate we'll be married by the end of the week." She giggled, "Not that I think I'd mind."

Per Nina Mari would nod, "I think I can understand. Being the daughter of a mob boss would have it's perks, but also it's draw backs. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't intimidated myself, but I'll see what I can do, for your sake."

She spent another few moments looking at the fire before she asked, "You said you'd tell me why you were originally paying protection money, what's the story behind that?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

He would nod and chuckle "Sure she can have anything she wants, but a lot of people tend to avoid her, due to fear of her father, as you can probably imagine why" he would say to her, closing his eyes and then would look at the fire "Well when I was in college, I was pretty..stupid, I'd use my femininity to get free drinks and such at bars and clubs, and it worked for the most part, but there was this one instance, where this one guy was obsessed with me, even after learning I am actually male" he'd say "He started stalking me, I'd see him in my classes, outside campus and anywhere I went, it was terrifying, Then one time, he tried to break into my dorm room and..take advantage of me.

That was when I had enough and ended up turning to the mob for protection" he explains to her

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari was rather surprised to hear Ash's story, "That seems... rather extreme. Are there no guards or police here that could have helped you?" Her gaze returned to the fire as she thought on what she had been told, "I was trained to switch disguises if that ever happened to me, disappear for a bit until they lost interest or could be dealt with, but I know that wouldn't be possible for you." She looked back at Ash, "Is this guy still after you? Do you know? Or did the mob successfully deter him for good?"

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

He would nod "The police are always busy with dealing with the gangs" he'd say "Plus they weren't really interested in helping me, saying I brought it upon myself, which I guess I kind of did" he would then smile and nod "Yeah, he got caught for sexual assault on a girl, and is locked up for life..as far as I know..either that or the Mob did do something and it was a cover up" he shrugs, But ya know, it's kind of in the past now"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari nodded as she returned her attention to the fire, she seemed almost mesmerized by it given the attention she paid it. "So, you used to act feminine, which I imagine is uncommon here, is that something you still like doing? I mean, I could present myself as masculine if you wanted..." By her expression she seemed unsure, "I'm sorry, the concept is somewhat foreign to me. I mean, as a changeling, I can physically be whatever race, species, or gender I want to be, and I choose to be female because that seems to fit me best, but for you... not having those same resources... I'd appreciate your perspective on what that's like."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

He'd chuckle a little "It's actually a bit more common here than you'd think" he'd say, rubbing the back of his neck "And to answer your other question, I only really do the feminine thing with close friends and in private. After that ah...incident, I'm a bit more reserved with it, so to speak" he'd tell her and then nod "Well it would be interesting to see you as a male, how-ever, if being female suits you best and you feel more comfortable then don't change for me" he'd say, thinking for a moment "But maybe just a quick change to see what you would look like"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari smirked as she got up off the couch, "If it's for you, I don't mind."

She stood between him and the fireplace, letting the fire silhouette her as she carefully took off the dress, then stretched a bit before letting her fire roll over her from her hooves upward, her legs thickening a bit, her hip narrowing and her waist widening to match, leaving her with slightly more defined abs. Her chest flattened into tight pecs, her arms thickening a bit to match her legs. Finally her face shifted to be more masculine, a short goatee appearing on her chin. She left her horns alone though.

When she spoke, her voice was much deeper, "How do I look?" she said in an attempt to be sexy, she flexed her slender yet toned frame, "You like what you see?"

If Ash looked, he'd notice that she'd left her crotch the way it was.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

Ash couldn't help but look, and he couldn't help but like what he saw. He would look over the new masculine form in front of him for a moment or two,taking it all in and smiling "I do like what I see" he would tell her, "Though, you are missing a pretty vital piece, but if no one looks, then they wouldn't be able to tell" he'd smile a bit at her "How-ever, you definitely could pass as male, or at least a very masculine female" he'd look at her "How do you feel though?"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari blushed as she looked down, "Yeah... I don't really have much experience with... that sort of thing. I mean... I learned how to make one, I know what size and shape it should be, at least for zebra and horses, plus... I didn't want to make you jealous." She chuckled.

Per his question about hw she felt she moved around a bit and shrugged, "Normal? I mean... for some changelings, a body is no different than, say, a change of clothes. Donned to suit a purpose and nothing more. Given we can't reproduce, and don't experience the same sensations in intercourse, gender can be just another aspect of the disguise, no more important than, say, eye color. While I prefer to be female, it doesn't define who I am."

With a roll of fire she changed back to the form she was in prior and returned to the couch, "But I recognize that it isn't the same for you. That's why I've asked for your input, I can make myself look like anything and anyone, and I want to look like someone you'd like, because I want you to be happy."

@Illiad Easle

Ash would smile "Personally, I think I prefer you as female" he'd say to her "while I'm sure we could have some fun messing with people, I'm also sure it probably wouldn't be a good idea" he chuckles. 

He'd yawn and hold her close gently "I'm happy with you as you are, by the way"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari didn't reject the gesture of Ash holding her close, But still didn't fully reciprocate it.

She was confused though about his last words, "As... as I am? Do you mean, as a gazelle? The body we designed together? Or do you mean... as a changeling, undisguised?"

Inwardly she questioned which she would prefer he answered.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

He would smile "Either or, but I do admit that the Gazelle disguise that we both worked on is very attractive" he would tell her "But of course, I like you for your personality as well" he would say, smiling towards her "and you are honest, hard working employee, you'd be surprised how difficult it can be to find people like that"

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari seemed lost in thought for a moment after Ash spoke, before quietly speaking, "Its... I don't think anyone, other than my hive, as ever really cared about me like that before. As a changeling you sort of get used to just... putting on a show. Being whatever those around want you to be, because that's what gets the most emotions to bring back to the hive." She sighed, looking away, "But now I don't have a hive, no reason to gather more than I need for myself, and you... you like me even when I'm not trying to get you to like me. That's... strange for me, but not in a bad way."

She yawned, "I should get some rest, I won't be much good to you in the shop tomorrow if I'm tired."

Almost reluctantly she extracted herself from his warm embrace, and despite the fire in her veins she felt slightly colder without it, "Goodnight Ash."

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

He would nod, letting her go and stretching again "It's really just how I am, genuine" he would say to her with another nod "I do understand it must be hard for you, only really having yourself to look out for now, instead of a whole hive, just remember that I'm here for you" he smiles over to her to help reassure her "And you're right, we should both get some sleep" he'd stand up and would start walking towards his room, thinking about everything that had happened during this day.

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari too would think about what had transpired that day, lying awake in the bed she had been given, the second night no easier for her to get to sleep than the first despite her surroundings being more familiar.

When she had been staring into the fire, she had been missing her home, her family. While she hadn't always gotten along with everyone, or understood everything her Queen had asked of her, she still felt unwhole without them. She wished she had been able to keep something when she had been sent here. Been forewarned such that she might be more prepared, nonetheless, the only thing she had had on her was the ritual cloak, and the journal she had been writing about the ritual with.

Sighing, she got back out of bed, retrieving the battered journal from the tattered cloak, and sat down to write what she had gone through these past few days in an attempt to reconcile her feelings.

She continued deep into the night until she fell asleep at the desk she had been writing at.

• Brohoof 1

@Illiad Easle

The next morning, Ash would wake up and get out of bed at his usual time, so he could have time for breakfast and to get the cafe ready for the day. He'd quietly check in on her, seeing she was asleep at the desk, he'd smile and place a glass of mineral water on her desk, ready for her for when she wakes up.

• Brohoof 1

@Scarlet Rose

Mari woke up a short while after Ash left the water for her, she smiled weakly at it before beginning the process of converting it to emotion gel for her to eat for breakfast.

Given her outward form was entirely up to her, it was trivially easy to hide the fact that she had also been crying most of the night. The red eyes, the bags, all gone with a roll of fire. Leaving her looking the picture of good health.

Acting like she hadn't cried herself to sleep would be another challenge, one that would take a brief amount of exercise to get her in the right frame of mind.

That done she set out quickly to put on some acceptable clothes for the café, and came downstairs to start her shift only a few minutes late, "Sorry, I had a bit of a rough night."

• Brohoof 1