Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If the Mane 6 were guys ...

My Little Spike

How do you think if Mane 6 were guys the show would be less popular. Could the Mane 6 boys not be able to present friendship and tenderness the way girls do. Or maybe most of the men are not as tender as girls and more confident, pretending to be strong and steadfast. I am a boy and I think that if the Mane 6 were men, the series here would not be so exciting and interesting for male viewers. If every MLP G4 character was of the opposite gender, would the show be much worsed?Screenshot_20211128_151146.thumb.jpg.5d1bf52238e3e6d100bfda4e1f03d432.jpg

I think there is a reason why they made them all girls. Remember how society used to think males were superior to females? I have noticed that a lot of cartoons have females as the main protagonist nowadays. (EX: MLP:FIM, Miraculous Ladybug and The Owl House) I think that those directors are trying to prove to society that females can be just as strong as males. So, it makes sense why Hasbro made them all girls.

I don't think I would enjoy it. Not because they are guys, but the designs of G4 were not that good for stallions. Stallions were kinda added as background characters, and quite a few of them compared to mares. If the design was better, maybe, but I don't see their personalities would work that well, especially Pinkie Pie (which is already annoying, I wouldn't be able to take a dude's voice in that hyper range), and same for Rainbow Dash (a sports/military guy voice). No, not the same.

• Brohoof 2

I imagine there would a be a lot more girls in the fandom than guys. The show probably would be more gender neutral right at the start since it’s about cutesy ponies but with males, so it would take away from the “some feminine shows are actually good” charm that FiM has.

If the mane six were guys, then there would probably be a similar post to this one asking what it would be like if the mane six were girls. lol. In all seriousness, I think that if they decided to make the mane six male, then the show creators would probably have to tweak the characters' voices and probably how they look in order to keep the same appeal (and cuteness). There probably would be a way to make it work, but I'm not sure exactly what. Male fans would most likely get a lot less hate for liking the show. It would be interesting to see how people react to tomgirl Elusive.

• Brohoof 3

1 minute ago, Zoom Jetstream said:

If the mane six were guys, then there would probably be a similar post to this one asking what it would be like if the mane six were girls. lol. In all seriousness, I think that if they decided to make the mane six male, then the show creators would probably have to tweak the characters' voices and probably how they look in order to keep the same appeal (and cuteness). There probably would be a way to make it work, but I'm not sure exactly what. Male fans would most likely get a lot less hate for liking the show. It would be interesting to see how people react to tomgirl Elusive.

Dusk Shine is my favorite. He'd definitely be my waifu.

For older fans it wouldn't have mattered too much IMO - provided they made man versions of the mares and didn't alter the personalities. The man 6 would be just as appealing to me as the mare 6 and I can imagine the male personalities of each pony pretty well. 

For younger fans (say 4-8), who are the only reason MLP exists, the gender of the ponies seems to be much more important. Playing with magical ponies seems to be more of a little girl thing :P and little girls want to play with toys that relate.

• Brohoof 1