Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Can alicorns use chaos magic to its full potential like Discord?

ElderGodOfChaos

No idea. But I believe that in order to use chaos to its full potential, one has to embrace chaos to its full extent. To lose yourself in this madness. And let go of your former pre-conceptions, beliefs and memories. Which is what shapes your personality creating a separation between the limited individual and this everchanging force. If such thing is even possible. I think the alicorn would experience a complete loss of identity. Becoming a vessel for chaos, but ultimately crumbling under the forces of this centrifugal madness. This means no axis, no center, no self anymore. Culminating with its eventual death. Unlike with discord, who I understand to be the very manifestation of chaos.

• Brohoof 1

if they were the princess of chaos sure. its like how celestia, luna and starswirl dont understand friendship magic like twilight does. pinkie pie can harness it since she has always been random at times while the mean trio are too calculated to use it to its full extent like discord does

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Discordant Harmony implied, and Comic #57 confirmed, that his dimension is the source of his magic.

So an Alicorn would presumably have to learn how to draw from it, then build a tolerance to it.

Edited by Even Evil Has Standards
  • Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, Even Evil Has Standards said:

Discordant Harmony implied, and Comic #57 confirmed, that his dimension is the source of his magic.

So an Alicorn would presumably have to learn how to draw from it, then build a tolerance to it.

So is it like invoking maybe?

12 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

No idea. But I believe that in order to use chaos to its full potential, one has to embrace chaos to its full extent. To lose yourself in this madness. And let go of your former pre-conceptions, beliefs and memories. Which is what shapes your personality creating a separation between the limited individual and this everchanging force. If such thing is even possible. I think the alicorn would experience a complete loss of identity. Becoming a vessel for chaos, but ultimately crumbling under the forces of this centrifugal madness. This means no axis, no center, no self anymore. Culminating with its eventual death. Unlike with discord, who I understand to be the very manifestation of chaos.

I mean isn't chaos magic considered dark magic and dark magic does do as much damage to the user as it does when it's used on other things/people

3 hours ago, ElderGodOfChaos said:

I mean isn't chaos magic considered dark magic and dark magic does do as much damage to the user as it does when it's used on other things/people

So, you want almost absolute control over reality, without paying a fair price? Mmm... that sounds like an unfair bargain to me. Still, this is merely my uninformed perspective. So, don't take it too seriously.

• The title was changed to Can alicorns use chaos magic to its full potential like Discord?
9 hours ago, They call me Loyalty said:

So, you want almost absolute control over reality, without paying a fair price? Mmm... that sounds like an unfair bargain to me. Still, this is merely my uninformed perspective. So, don't take it too seriously.

Could you elaborate on what you mean by ''not paying a fair price''?