Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Why i like and hate alicorn ocs

7th Boss

the title explains itself sometimes i hate alicorn ocs. Although only sometimes only when they look odd like this:

post-17832-0-46582400-1389237232_thumb.png

here is also something that can support my hate:

post-17832-0-00351100-1389237334_thumb.jpg

• Brohoof 11

moonlight has bat wings and is an alicorn but i do hate alicorns with strange patterns on their body. moonlight doesn't have a completely dark story most of it is happy actully 

tho some joke OC's are funny.

I tried doing an alicorn OC, but I really couldn't get it quite right. Either it didn't look right or I just couldn't nail down a personality. Not to mention the potential Mary Sue-ishness of it all.

I made a Alicorn OC near the start of the year, and I tried to avoid all Mary-Sue-ishness as possible. 

At the current moment she is being used as a RP character and she is Boy friend to my friends OC  :blush:  It doesn't really help she has the same name as me. ^_^

• Brohoof 1

well what if you made a unicorn or a peg that eventauly became a alicorn?

For example if you had an oc pegisis for your fan anaylsis video and decided to up grade it to a unicorn when you got 3000 subscibers.

Silly filly, my alicorn OC will knock the others out of the water!

...yeah, most ALicorn OC's SUCK. Some of them are good but most suck. Just saiyan.

At first some people make Alicorns the Super Saiyans

of the mlp world with these soooo epic powers!  Others

might write them with one killer back story and with liveable

flaws and such and make them more well likeable.   It just

depends on the person who makes them and what not..

And yes i even i made a OC Alicorn who was Cel and Luna like something

grand nieice but she looked like Alicorn her magic was weak and her stonger

point was flying.

My favorite alicorn OC is from the book Past Sins. Her name is Nyx. I just read it less than a week ago, and I really enjoyed this OC. The book makes you love her, and then in the middle of the book, I cried because of the changes that occurred to her without her wanting them. All the same, Nyx is always an alicorn here and Nyx is my favorite alicorn OC ever.

I get this situation. People like to make alicorn oc's so they think they have some power. Or so they look cooler. Well that's overs using the title of an alicorn. You should make just a unicorn or Pegasus. Cause they are more common in equestrian then the 4 princesses. Who will hopefully stay the only alicorns.

I tend to like alicorn OC's as long as they have a nice-looking design (that especially means no eye-bleeding colors) and an interesting personality and backstory. Some just look plain out terrible but some do have actual good work put into them. I guess it just depends for me. But still, I would prefer if the pony would just be made an earth, unicorn, or pegasus, but that's just me. 

• Brohoof 2

well what if you made a unicorn or a peg that eventauly became a alicorn?

For example if you had an oc pegisis for your fan anaylsis video and decided to up grade it to a unicorn when you got 3000 subscibers.

I would be totally ok with this as long as it is a killer backstory not just HI CELESTIA *BAM* Alicorn!

I'm nervous to reply here since my oc is an alicorn but.... :blush:

Certain types of alicorns such as the ones that can destroy stuff, are immortal, god etc. are the ones i can't stand. :okiedokielokie:

The ones that basically own everything.

No, thats for lauren faust and the people who made alicorns

I'm a supporter which is a bit  bold on this thread but not a supporter of the god alicorns

A good alicorn oc would be a basic design and is talented at magic and not so good at flying -_-

(lol spellcheck  tried to correct alicorns to Cornwallis :lol: )

• Brohoof 1

Well i like Alicorns and that's a personal preference since Sailor Moon era, but it seems regular fandom do make alicorns whit horrible color schemes, but that doesn't just happen whit regular alicorns but whit any other pony, in the end i don't make an OC for you guys i make it for myself and for my own story fantasies.

When it comes to backstory of your OC it is also a personal fantasy, in my case why would i want to be a regular pony? i am already a regular human being, the main reason you create an OC is to make it have something you dont, otherwise i would just pick one and of the official ponies and be done whit it.

Having a mary/gary sue story doesnt make it that horrible of a character if the story is well writhing and has a valid meaning behind it, as i said before why do we make an OC in the first place? to imagine ourselves something we aren't, are some OC Over powered? yes but so was superman from the 80's and before, yet after its redesign in the late 80's it has become a more believe Hero, OP but still whit weakness and more humanized than he ever was.

I created my OC on my own way, is it perfect? no its it OP? kinda but it as a lof of weakness too, does it have a mary sue backstory? yeap, will i change its backstory in the future and make it more dinamic? of course i will, its part of having an opinion and been able to change one's opinion and give more character to ones self, do i feel my OC is special? of course i do it represent me and what i wish i could personally do.

When making OC's its should be up to the creator what design he or she wants not what other's want you to be isnt why we become bronies/pegasisters in the first place? to be different from everybody else and tell them im gonna like what i like cause its my life and not yours? but that's my opinion.

Edited by Dark Heart

I had an Alicorn OC, with a personal headcanaon (that people claimed actually made sense!) but he disappeared around the time Twilight became an Alicorn and my headcanon fell to bits. :(

His name was Mortal Bonds, he was black (or dark grey? Not as dark as Nightmare Moon) with a white mane and a ghost Cutie Mark. His talent was helping lead lost souls (ghosts) to the afterlife.

...No, he wasn't the Grim Reaper, he didn't kill ponies. They died on their own, and he led their spirits to the afterlife.

Anyway my headcanon was that Alicorns were basically a race of physical Gods nearly as numerous as the other three races. But around the time Discord was turned to stone, a mysterious illness wiped them out. :umad: A few, such as Celestia, Luna, their mother Faust, and Mortal's parents survived.

A random villager found Mortal wandering around one day and word of it spread to Celestia. She took the young Alicorn in and found out that his mother and father were rather old when they had him, his father dying a year after he was born and his mother dying when he was around 7-8. He told her how one morning, his mother told him she had to go, though she didn't know where. So he led her to a strange light that was always at the edge of his vision. He never saw her again.

Through a few more conversations and questions, Celestia found that not only could the young colt see the dead, but lead them to the afterlife as well. After a few months teaching him manners and politics, she proclaimed him a Prince of Equestria. But his dark appearance, nocturnal schedule, and habit of talking to "himself" made him quite unpopular. Eventually he renounced his royal status and became a recluse, exploring the less populated areas of the castle and only going out in the dead of night.

Holy crap, sorry for dumping you guys with his whole story. :blush: I didn't mean to!

Lol. I know how you feel! I hate when some fan takes an ACTUAL STORYLINE CHARACTER, retextures it, changes the name (just slightly), and calls it their OC. It's not an "OC" if it isn't an ORIGINAL Character.