Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Going to watch MLP episodes?

Rosy Moonlight

(edited)

For months now, I haven't found myself watch more than 1 MLP:FIM episode in a month.

I find myself enjoying mlp fandom stuff a lot more than watching that show nowadays.

Can anyone relate?

Edited by Rosy Moonlight
  • Brohoof 2

• The title was changed to Going to watch MLP episodes?

The episodes will always be the best for me, though, it's a mixed bag for me. I don't watch the FiM often anymore too. They will always be a joy to watch, never becoming boring! :wub: The reason is just that I spend time with other things, I'm often around here as well, which means less time for the episodes. With some gaps between the episodes, I have always something to look forward to. Watching them every day would make it routine and becomes not as exciting.

What makes the episodes more enjoyable for me, compared to the fandom creations, is that it feels alive! It's completely animated, fully voiced, it has a fantastic soundtrack, sound effects, it's so alive, creative and vibrant, it makes you always be a part of it! :wub: The fandom has animations too, but it's mostly art and fan fiction. It doesn't feel alive to me, it lacks everything the episodes have. I call the fandom experience a "quiet" experience. I'm an adventurer, things need to be or feel alive for me, I don't enjoy still art, I hate to read, never completed a single novel in my life. I wish I could enjoy it, but that's just the type of person I am. :) So, when I spend so much time with the "quiet" stuff, it makes me miss the actual episodes. It really goes well hand in hand. :) I still enjoy to browse art though, I want to print stuff in the future. <3

• Brohoof 1

22 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I don’t watch near as much FiM as I used to

Same. I watch FiM sometimes but I mainly watch the Equestria Girls and Generation 5 Youtube shorts nowadays. 

• Brohoof 1

The last time I watched a full episode of Friendship is Magic was several months ago, so I can relate to enjoying fandom stuff more than official G4 content nowadays. That doesn't mean I don't like it, but rather that my interests changed more towards fandom stuff.

• Brohoof 1

I've been watching a lot of MLP recently, especially seasons 5-9 because I'm not as familiar with them; I drifted away from MLP when those seasons were airing. They're pretty good and I enjoy finally watching episodes that I've seen people have gripes with so I can form my own opinions as well. (Though I will say, I've seen a lot of criticism for Pony Point of View these past few years and I finally get why, I'm definitely not a fan either lol)

I watch maybe a few episodes a day, not in any particular order, chronological or otherwise. My main consumption of MLP content comes in the form of browsing Twitter and Tumblr to look at fanart and headcanons, and I draw my own fanart as well of course.