You are the light in the dark

Your spirit is yellow not grey 

And you are the start of a hopeful spark 

You're more than awesome 

You're one of a kind 

You're beautiful like a blossom 

and your soul is not confined.

• Brohoof 12

This planet can be an inhospitable and cruel place. But I also believe that is part of what we are here for, to learn and allow others to learn who they really are. Because we are not merely light, as there is also darkness with us as well. Can you feel it? Writhing within your navel like an unwated child. Do not repress your inner most nature only to have a life of regret, for this may be the only one we get. Imagine leaving this place knowing you could have done a little more to live that which you ever dreamed of. Let your true colors shine. Have the courage to take on the world, and make your own mark. For the light can only shine brighter into the dark.

• Brohoof 2

10 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

This planet can be an inhospitable and cruel place. But I also believe that is part of what we are here for, to learn and allow others to learn who they really are. Because we are not merely light, as there is also darkness with us as well. Can you feel it? Writhing within your navel like an unwated child. Do not repress your inner most nature only to have a life of regret, for this may be the only one we get. Imagine leaving this place knowing you could have done a little more to live that which you ever dreamed of. Let your true colors shine. Have the courage to take on the world, and make your own mark. For the light can only shine brighter into the dark.

The biggest task for humanity is simple: respect each other.

• Brohoof 2

9 minutes ago, Sophie H. said:

The biggest task for humanity is simple: respect each other.

Very true, tolerance of each other despite our many differences, in strive for greater understanding. We have to go beyond the archaic precepts of old times, to understand that beyond the surface, we are all human beings.

• Brohoof 2

54 minutes ago, They call me Loyalty said:

Very true, tolerance of each other despite our many differences, in strive for greater understanding. We have to go beyond the archaic precepts of old times, to understand that beyond the surface, we are all human beings.

Beautiful said :eager:

• The topic was locked
  • The topic was unlocked

I really appreciate this thread being made, @Sophie H.

I remember when I was struggling with all-time-low self esteem and believed myself nothing more than some meaningless speck of dust that nobody would even care about. Boy was I wrong... people really care and it's so important to remind that to anyone who may share the same struggle I once did. 

I want to especially thank @Princess Silky. I know that at times I was completely unbearable in what dark hole I fell into with my mind and I cannot express enough how much it means to me that You've always stayed with me... :hug_day:

It's important to know that no matter how poorly we feel about ourselves, there are people, who see in us friends and would always be there to support us. And if You, whoever reads it feel like You don't have friends or want to speak to someone for any reason... my DMs are always open <3 

I love You all <3 

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, Sir Hugsalot said:

I really appreciate this thread being made, @Sophie H.

I remember when I was struggling with all-time-low self esteem and believed myself nothing more than some meaningless speck of dust that nobody would even care about. Boy was I wrong... people really care and it's so important to remind that to anyone who may share the same struggle I once did. 

I want to especially thank @Princess Silky. I know that at times I was completely unbearable in what dark hole I fell into with my mind and I cannot express enough how much it means to me that You've always stayed with me... :hug_day:

It's important to know that no matter how poorly we feel about ourselves, there are people, who see in us friends and would always be there to support us. And if You, whoever reads it feel like You don't have friends or want to speak to someone for any reason... my DMs are always open <3 

I love You all <3 

Oh gosh. You’re so right. When these thoughts invade our heads it can truly warp how we see the world. Thank you for this, @Sophie H.

I also fell at an all time low. People think because I’m so happy all the time that I am infallible to those kinds of states but it’s not true. Sometimes you need things like this or a friend or family to remind you that you matter :hug_day:

What a lovely thread, @Sophie H.

I know that that the world isn't against me, logically speaking, but I struggle with self-doubt, loneliness and regret from time to time. It can certainly feel like you're fighting against everything sometimes.

But then, people can be compassionate and kind as well. Why else would this stream exist? It seems trivial, but, on occasion, people need to hear encouragement like this. Thank you, you've made several people feel better about themselves through a mere internet thread. You are appreciated more than you know. :grin: