Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

G5 would have never happened under Celestia

Goat-kun

Say what you want about Sunbutt, but she commanded the tribes for more than a thousand years and this kinda separatist shit never became an issue. In order to make G5 work, our glorious writers have made Celestia the best pony ruler of all time. Change my mind. Something also tells me she'd love social media. It's like dragon letters but for everypony.

1686954.png.7e913efe5ead4e59dfc50ef24b472a7c.png

• Brohoof 2

*stares at Twilight's racism in Celestial Advice towards Dragons and Changelings during her fantasies*

*stares at how changelings took over the country twice without effort*

*stares at the EEA*

*stares at how Cozy Glow was able to freely fly around and spread racism among the pegasi without getting reported*

*stares at how Chrysalis could turn ponies against one another with one sentence*

Are you sure about that?

On 2022-08-17 at 2:07 AM, Goat-kun said:

Say what you want about Sunbutt, but she commanded the tribes for more than a thousand years and this kinda separatist shit never became an issue.

Celestia got lucky for a while. Considering what we see in the show. Major, world-ending threats are ignored or Celestia just sends Twilight without even giving her any information or outright lying (for example, about Nightmare Moon). She just got extremely lucky. 

Her behavior in the show is basically the same as someone driving drunk every day, but never crashing and never getting caught. 

Maybe Twilight was not so lucky and rolled a 1 a couple of times. Or, Celestia gave her position to Twilight knowing that the society is a sinking ship.

G5 would never have happened under DHX, but I digress.  I think it's implied that whatever happened occurred after Twilight's time, but we really don't know.  All we do know is it's not good writing.  

• Brohoof 1

On 2022-08-18 at 6:58 AM, The Nth Doctor said:

*stares at Twilight's racism in Celestial Advice towards Dragons and Changelings during her fantasies*

*stares at how changelings took over the country twice without effort*

*stares at the EEA*

*stares at how Cozy Glow was able to freely fly around and spread racism among the pegasi without getting reported*

*stares at how Chrysalis could turn ponies against one another with one sentence*

Are you sure about that?

Stares at how none of that resulted in a complete collapse of pony society and loss of ancient knowledge. Great leader has great minions. Twilight was a good underling, but a bad leader. Giving her the throne was the biggest mistake Celestia has made.

On 2022-08-18 at 9:51 AM, Pentium100 said:

Celestia got lucky for a while. Considering what we see in the show. Major, world-ending threats are ignored or Celestia just sends Twilight without even giving her any information or outright lying (for example, about Nightmare Moon). She just got extremely lucky. 

Her behavior in the show is basically the same as someone driving drunk every day, but never crashing and never getting caught. 

Maybe Twilight was not so lucky and rolled a 1 a couple of times. Or, Celestia gave her position to Twilight knowing that the society is a sinking ship.

How does one keep rolling 20 for a thousand years? Her luck stat must be beyond Friendship bullshit. One could say plot armor, but that is only fuel for my fire ;) 

Well, Twilight runs Friendship Dictatorship until she didn't, which to be fair weren't for the very long. The ponies then returned to their natural order, three tribes. And maybe it was just me but they were perfectly fine without magic.

• Brohoof 1

I don't know, Celestia has a very unique way of running Equestria (cough cough, making Twilight and her friends deal with all the threats). It makes me wonder what she did for a those thousand years... I believe what whatever happened wasn't Twilight's fault.