Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Things you never thought would happen to you but did?

Reecejackox

finding a friend who loves me for me.
someone who can tolerate me - who doesn't judge me for the random outbursts i can get.
He doesn't care about autism,depression nor anxiety-- nor the other thing i have going.
He always tells me "I just want you to be happy" and tells me i'm awesome and loves me every day.
He is the most amazing person and without him I would of died years ago.

• Brohoof 3

I can't believe no one's said "becoming a fan of the My Little Pony franchise"!  I wouldn't have believed it in 2008 if someone had told me "Hey, I got a message from the future that you're going to be looking for My Little Pony parody material in 2010, find a genuinely excellent MLP show, and become a lifelong fan!"  ...I sure wouldn't have believed it!

• Brohoof 3

Getting a job I enjoy that has given me the opportunity to ride on private jets I always thought only rich people could, and getting promoted to supervisor of the job. 

• Brohoof 2

Never thought I'd be dealing with mental issues, or at least, not permanent ones. I also didn't think I'd be interested in coding since I had it in mind for years that I would be animating cartoons for a living.

• Brohoof 1

I would say it is the Abitur, germanies highest school education. When I was in school, I was not really good and from time to time also a little bit lazy and I finnished the school with a Hauptschulabschluss, the lowest school educations. I made a education as gardener and worked after this as a time worker. At that time, I never thought about making a abitur. But than I got the chance to make an abitur and I got it (with even a good result) and now, I can even go to the university (what I am doing right bow). And even if I would not finish the university with an bachelor or master, I have much more options with an abitur than a Hauptschulabschluss. 

• Brohoof 4

Meeting such amazing friends and even a BEST friend on Discord of all places. (And even being able to meet up with them irl lots of times :') ) 

My friends (especially my bestie) make me so happy and omg I'm glad I was able to meet them.:D

• Brohoof 3

Remember that one saying when you believe Santa is real but end up he’s not? Well that’s the same as when they told you can be anything you want if you put your mind to it and be successful and happy. And man, did I actually believed that when I was younger, growing up happy with a purpose. you know? The old phase we used to say “I can’t wait to be adult because blah blah”.
Never thought or knew that I will be actually growing up into doing a job that’s not meant for me but for the money instead and stoic. But.. here I am.  In short, I never thought I’d fucked up my life and I did. 

I have other uneventful events which I wasn’t expecting to happen in my boring life but… it’s kinda personal.:twi:

• Brohoof 1

(edited)

Oh! I definitely didn’t think I’d be making signatures and banners if you’d asked me a few years ago.

I always thought signatures and stuff were cool but I never thought in a million years that *I* could make them myself.  

It’s still unbelievable  when friends ask *me* to make something for them or I make something and they love it!

My version of ”digital art” is nothing special but there’s something about making my own stuff that makes me feel so happy! :BrightMacContent:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

Learning to embrace my feelings after rejecting them for years. I've grown to enjoy the feeling of melancholy and in some twisted way, it drives me forward and motivates me.

• Brohoof 1

• 6 months later...

See the end of the lawsuit that involves our family?

I had to intervene and put myself on the side of our lawyers, despite my mother crying and name-calling me "the enemy". Because she was about to ruin the relationship with our two lawyers over her infantile delusions. She believes this world owes her. That she will somehow reclaim all the properties she lost. Same with his brother. They are people with developmental problems, and have an unrealistic perception of reality as a direct result. So, they were about to cross dangerous people. It was a tense moment, having to argue against my own family for their own good.

I don't even know if I am gonna touch the inheritance, provided there is anything left after the vultures have taken their share.

Because what I really want, I cannot get. Since I do share their unrealistic dreams over a clinical condition our family suffers from. So, we are internally separated from ourselves. And see the world for what it is not. Yet that which does not exist somehow feels more real than the actual thing. It is like with dreams. They are not marred by this kind of cr*p. Haha, it causes me a little pain just to think about them. But I cannot fight life any other way. The only solution is to keep myself dissociated, like my mother. But she is unwilling to touch ground ever, and has chosen to live inside her own head. I understand. The ground is hard. And impotent people tends to become obstinate. I know that from this lingering weakness.

Edited by They call me Loyalty
  • Brohoof 1

Having close relatives murdered, moving of that excuse of a home, having no education as far as this place is concerned and yet landing a high paying job all things considered, losing my virginity, living on my own, collecting pricey horse merch, watching the pony movie in theaters, practicing martial arts, losing weight, traveling on my own. Those are things that comes to mind

Quite a few things, actually. Life is full of surprises!

-Returning to university for music back in 2016. I had completely given up on it in that time from 2013 through most of 2015. Also the fact that I would return to college playing oboe and not bassoon. Bassoon was my main instrument and that was determined. Of course, there is some ambiguity there as the day I got my bassoon I was in love with it, oboe, and saxophone equally and I always wanted to play all three... But to think I would actually switch my main instrument 10 years after starting bassoon is wild. lol My OC even had a Bass clef cutie mark originally because I was so certain of that staying that way.

-Health issues always came up unexpectedly. Truth be told, I did not think I would be around anymore in 2023. I didn't even think I would make it back the late 2000s. This is why my life has been so strange after high school. I did not live like I would have a future. I wasn't exactly a hypochondriac, I just kinda exaggerated existing conditions in my mind and thought I wouldn't be able to handle it and I would... end it all for me. This is one of the most frustrating things I have ever done and I wish I had taken better care of myself instead of going into "give up" mode.

-My arthritis took me by big surprise. I was a great retail worker, a very fast stocker. But arthritis put an end to that by making being on my feet for long periods of time extremely painful. I did not see this coming. You really don't when you're in your 20s.

-Learning how to bring Custom Content into and even mod a little The Sims, plus learning some 3D modeling. I took a coding class in high school and it didn't work for me, and so I was completely put off, but not all modding, much less CC creation, requires coding. I now have 3D models of most of my favorite instruments in my The Sims game. =D

-Losing my best friend from high school and college. Very sad. I still don't know what happened between us.

-Working an office job. Oh dear, my high school self would be so disappointed in myself. It is what it is. It's the direction my life has taken for me.

-This next stage of life I am planning for, which is, of course, not certain yet - MOVING.  It is still presently hard for me to believe. It's hard to believe that my family and I are actively planning to move to the Northeast, a dream I've had pretty much all of my life. Living in a state where I'm not constantly under this large cloud of the crazy state government doing something wild and taking away more rights and other crazy stuff that my state government is always trying to do (like destroying public education), being around more like-minded, educated, less religious people (there are good religious people, but it'll be nice to be around less religiosity is what I mean), and being in a better, less wild climate. Also being close to Boston and NYC with everything they have to offer, and then all of the historical architecture in the general area. Yay! Also beautiful coastlines.

• Brohoof 1

My sympathies @Envy; I can relate in a way.

As for me; well, heath issues have hit me quite hard, especially after my father passed in 2019. I've had a blood clot (which is still there, only calcified) which has left me on blood thinners permanently AND with visible trauma in that respective leg. I've also had three successive kidney stones and, more recently, have discovered arthritis is creeping into my lower back AND I have spinal stenosis, which can be extremely painful and fairly debilitating with no pain meds. Ugh.

That said, never thought I would have the group of amazing friends that I currently had, and am thankful to have known love here. <3

• 9 months later...

Leaving negative life experiences out of this. Getting a drivers license and getting certain jobs.

What was really ground breaking for me was two things. The first one was in my early 20s I got a side shave that I still have to this day. My hair is thick and long. So unless I part it to show it off you can’t even tell. I had always wanted this after I saw Sandara Park from 2NE1 having it. I thought it was the most badass thing and she looked amazing. I was not the person I am now back the. This was something different and going to get me a lot of attention. I felt like such a badass after I did it. True enough it shocked a lot of people and I got some good and some bad comments. Even now when I do rock the side shave people stare lol. The difference is I don’t care now.

The second thing which unfortunately I no longer have any of them due allergies is my piercings. I had quite a few of those a few years ago. They looked super cool. I was nervous after my first one but after it I was fine. I had always wanted a Septum piercing and I toughened up and got it. I’m happy I did. Even though I ended up having to take all of my piercings out, I’m proud of myself for getting them. Those were another thing that mostly older people liked to make negative comments on. I thought they were cool and I looked very good with them. A lot of other people around my age at the time thought the same. 

Not only that but both my side shave and my piercings (when I had them) have inspired other random people to go make bold decisions on their appearance like that. I had a few people after talking to me about mine said they were gonna go get their own septum piercings. A woman at my old job ended up dying her hair purple like I had at one point and getting her own side shave after seeing me with mine. Typically the conversation is always oh that looks so cool I’ve always wanted to do this *insert whatever piercing or hairstyle*. Then I talk them into going for it. 

So yeah if you would have told me as a teen I would end up with piercings and a side shave in my 20s. I’d never believe you. I was far too insecure back then to do what I really wanted.

• Excited 1