Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Eight promotional images for Make Your Mark.

CastletonSnob

Finally we get something about the 'mane' show. I am excited to see where the story will develop. Everything points to the unicorn being reformed, even her look in the picture with the alicorn gives the impression that she is going to reform down the line, although I would not mind if she did not reform. 

18 minutes ago, Savygriffs said:

The blue unicorn is so pretty!

And somehow the animation looks better in these?? :O 

I don't see how its better honestly. Maybe the unicorn looks better than anything in the special but the rest doesn't look better, certainly not in all the pictures. The alicorn looks really bad in my opinion, on par with many fan animations you can find on YT. Although I admit the picture with the royal sisters looks great.

Thank goodness they fixed the white mouths. The evil alicorn is still a bit off color wise but it's good to see improvements. I have a feeling the blue evil sidekick pony might be our new Glimmer, except maybe with a smaller role.

Edited by CorvetteZora

Judging by the stills it looks like there's some marginal improvement in animation, but I'm not expecting a drastic change in that department. I seriously want to see more of the villain pony and no more about her!

• Brohoof 2

I may be "misreading" the situations and looking to deep into the expressions of a single frame, and I'm also doubting that these pictures are all posted in chronological order of how the events will play out in the series, but any way back to what I was saying from my perspective it seems like this new frizzy haired blue pony may be getting some sort of explanation of some kind from Opaline, maybe they are mentor and student, and this other shot of this blue pony with Zipp in the garden, has her looking almost mildly menacing, or contemplative, but like I said, I "may" be looking to deep into this, just fishing for any type of context clues...

ALSO it appears to me since Zipp has a magnifying glass she is helping blue pony look for something IN THIS GARDEN, in the final photo of blue pony with Opaline, they are preforming some type of magic ritual ON A FLOWER probably found on or during her ventures with Zipp and probably our other mane ponies...

Edited by KingCorvus

3 hours ago, Savygriffs said:

The blue unicorn is so pretty!

Agreed! Also, her mane is SO COOL! :wau:

1 hour ago, Megas said:

Even with the lightning that Alicorn still looks really bad

I know @ExplosionMare may disagree with me but I think she's *too* purple. 

Anywhere else would be fine but this shade of purple doesn't look good to me on a pony. :please:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 3

Even though I'm often the "optimist defender of G5", I wouldn't take these screenshots as definitive evidence that the animation has significantly improved (the Make Your Mark opener also had impressive still shots). The story is what matters most to me, however, and most of the shots look good. The alicorn villain looks off in the light though, like it's bleached away some of her color. Not so much on her body, but her horn and hair. Look, this is her horn and hair in the dark. 

df66n0g-fee36d1d-cb2d-478c-bf14-68a121a2

And this is her horn and hair in the light.

1231468237_ShadowyAlicornBubbles.jpg.e41357374a00a99e4a8cdf5d64b6122e.jpg

What happened to the blue and green? And what's with the bubble-wait a minute...

1188096487_KingSombraBubbles.jpg.a73844ba9e365f655aafdc1071b87ceb.jpg

I also noticed that we can see now that the alicorn's minion has a multi-colored horn...  zVzzgqB.png 

• Brohoof 1

Sheesh you guys are right that evil alicorn really is ugly.  That shade of purple is just way too saturated.  But on the plus side at least we got a better look at her unicorn lackey, who actually does look pretty cute.  And yeah even from just these few screenshots it does look like she is already being set up for some form of redemption arc in the future.

• Brohoof 2

The potential is there for this series to become successful in its own right. Now they just need to follow through and make that reality happen. At least they were willing to give us some information rather than keep their audience in suspense until it premiered.

It is nice to get some images of the MYM series. While most of them don't seem to be too big of a deal, the ones featuring the unicorn are interesting. I'll agree with the majority of people here in saying that she looks like she will be some sort of sidekick to the alicorn, and will end up getting redeemed some time down the line. It also appears that she will be interacting with the main characters, which could be entertaining depending on if it is written well. Also, the image with the vine and the liquid looks like it might have something to do with the conflict. Unfortunately though, the animation and the alicorn still look bad. Still, this is overall and intriguing set of images that help build more hype for this upcoming series. 

• Brohoof 1

• 4 weeks later...